5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for pre teen girls
Published on March 28, 2009 by S. A. Behm

2.0 out of 5 stars Could be better.
Published on November 27, 2011 by Mark

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for pre teen girls, March 28, 2009
This review is from: For Girls Only: Everything Great About Being a Girl (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my 10 year old daughter, and she LOVES it, it gives tons of Info, on all things girl, from Makeup to sports, career moves, and passing notes in school, I bought it for her in December, and she has not given it up, she is always going back to it. This book actually sparks dinner time conversation, It was a great way to find a little extra to bond with her through this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Girls only . . . is gr8!, July 18, 2008
A Kid's Review
I got this book a few weeks ago. I loved it!I really enjoy the laura dower books. When I was nine and ten, I read the Madison Finn series. I loved the authors creative test and her style of writing. I was phsyched when I heard she was writing this book.

ABOUT THE BOOK

This book is informative, but at the same time, fun!
I am always surprised at whats on the next page.I never get tired of reading it.
It has really cool ideas, too.
The "How-to`s" are one of my favorites.
Learn how to paint toenails, read about women in sports, or start your first career. This book will satisfy any girl from the tomboy to the girly girl.

SOME FRIENDLY ADVICE
Okay, so your convinced into getting the book. When you get it, don`t sit down and read the thing IN ORDER from cover to cover! Save a little for each night. Look forward to it. Pick a number between one and 300 and start reading. Most of all, MAKE IT FUN.

HERE`S TO YOU, LAURA DOWER

Thanks for writing this great book for girls. We all appreciate it, that`s for sure. It`s witty, interesting, and just plain amazing!

2.0 out of 5 stars Could be better., November 27, 2011
Here's what I think: This could be so much better than it is! Compare it to the boys version. The boys version is so cool and adventurous. This book is telling girls that what they really want to do is paint toenails and have slumber parties. Why? Girls can wrestle alligators and find buried treasure...I feel like this book is reinforcing stereotypes and encouraging girls to be sedentary.

4.0 out of 5 stars Different and interesting, August 23, 2009
Reading On "JAS" (Egg harbor Twp, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my 12-yr-old granddaughter who is an advid reader. She found the book interesting and involved her whole family in one of the activities mentioned in the book. It was a good choice for her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought this for my 11 yr old niece for Christmas...she LOVES it, December 28, 2012
The book touches on such a wide variety of topics, it's hard for someone not to find something of interest! My niece has not put this book down since she opened it ( a couple of days early). From the game suggestions, to the great women of history, she is learning something new each day. I highly recommend this for ANY pre-teen to tween!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, January 15, 2013
JM (Virginia) - See all my reviews
My daughter was probably turned off by the sloppy table of contents. But then she looked in it again and she couldn't put it down. She even shared some of it with her 6th grade classmates!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, February 10, 2010
This is one of those books you have around for years. Buy it when she is 9 or 10 and she'll go back to it for years. It has a lot of fun "slumber party" type activities and ideas in it. How to.. type info. Great gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book is a hit!, May 26, 2014
This book is wonderful. I purchased it for my classroom and it is a hit. My students can't wait to get their hands on it to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and insightful, November 16, 2013
A. Chavez "crazyread" (chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this book for my 9 year old daughter and she really loves it, its an easy read that girls can enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Good find, January 15, 2013
My daughter keeps it by her bed. she reads it daily. She loves showing me stuf that is in the book.

For Girls Only: Everything Great About Being a Girl
For Girls Only: Everything Great About Being a Girl by Laura Dower (Hardcover - June 24, 2008)
$15.99 $12.52