5.0 out of 5 stars A Sure Winner
Published 6 months ago by alex777

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Contents, Cheezy Graphics
The contents of the book are good, light reading for a young girl. The graphics and colors used and the quality of the paper make the book seem as though it's a young child's book. I was hoping for a more "grown up" look for a more serious child. but over all, it's a fun book for a young rider.
Published 12 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars A Sure Winner, July 16, 2014
This review is from: For Horse-Crazy Girls Only: Everything You Want to Know About Horses (Hardcover)
This book "For Horse-Crazy Girls Only" by Christina Wilsdon is a sure winner. The knowledge and information it contain about horses is encyclopedic. Almost everything you need to know about horses is here plus other hard to find trivia and information. Above all, the insights this book give on horses simply earned its rightful place as one of the most beautiful animal here on earth.Horses: Kids book of fun facts & amazing pictures on animals in nature

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous & Entertaining !, November 12, 2010
Our family purchased this book at a local book signing event in Seattle. I was impressed by the depth and quantity of information about horses! I had no idea there was so much to know about horses. This book has so much entertainment value for horse lovers of all ages. I think the book would make a special gift for children, pre-teens and teens that are into "all things horsey". I am not big horse fan and found the book to be a good read, interesting, entertaining, and well written. My daughter recommends it highly to keep up with her "horse crazy friends". 5 STARS!

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of great information in an easy to read style., August 21, 2014
I got this for my 12-year-old granddaughter. I had bought her the Illustrated Book of Horses of North America which she loved but wanted something that told her more things about horses in general. I had been talking to her about the difference in fillies, mares, foals, colts, geldings, studs, etc and so much more. I had shown her where a horse's blind spots are, how they see, etc and just tried to fill her in on everything I could think of that she needed to know. This book does that. It's better than having me talk to her. She can read all these things and go back and refresh her memory anytime. I thought it might be a bit below her age range​, but it has a lot of info packed into such a small book that the writing style is actually very appropriate. I read it myself before giving it to her and thoroughly enjoyed it.

4.0 out of 5 stars I think it would best fit a 10-12 year old girl, November 26, 2014
I gave this a four only because I thought that there would be colorful pictures inside or at least more images. I bought this for my seven-year-old niece who loves horses. Unfortunately, it was a bit above her reading level. I think it would best fit a 10-12 year old girl.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for your horse crazy girl!, December 27, 2010
We got this book before the author was going to be a local book store doing a signing and horsey party. The book is FULL of horse information yet its easy to read. Also a great reference go-to with horse questions. My 8 year old daughter loves this book and carried it all around with her for the first few weeks she had it. Now it stays next to her bed at all times and she often flips through it. Perfect for any girl who loves horses!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, March 3, 2014
Dixie Tenny (Saint Louis, Missouri, USA) - See all my reviews
The perfect book for any 'horse-crazy' girl, even us grown-up ones. I wish this book had been available when I was 12, but it's never too late to enjoy the fascinating material in this book. A great read, whether the girl in question has/rides horses or just dreams about them.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Gift for My Granddaughter!, March 18, 2014
JAMES B. REED "JBR" (WESTMONT, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This book was a Christmas present for my 9 year old granddaughter. She loves horses and she loves to read books. She is currently learning to ride and care for horses. She is very happy with the book she really enjoys reading it! It is a great addition to her library. I highly recommend this book for young horse lovers!

5.0 out of 5 stars What an awesome book!!!!!, June 19, 2014
I purchased this book for my 10 year old daughter. She and I loved it! We have both learned so much from this book. Highly recommend this book for horse crazy girls!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, June 8, 2014
my great grand daughter is 7 and very
horse crazy. this is perfect for her.
I will order more for her

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, November 3, 2013
This book is mostly text, with few pictures. It provides great information for girls who like to read, but there are few photos or pictures.

For Horse-Crazy Girls Only: Everything You Want to Know About Horses
For Horse-Crazy Girls Only: Everything You Want to Know About Horses by Christina Wilsdon (Hardcover - September 28, 2010)
$15.99 $8.28