5.0 out of 5 stars Cool and Funky, Smooth and Jazzy, August 6, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: For The Family (Audio CD)
Dave Koz said it best about Jimmy Reid. He said "Jimmy's one of those rare talents that's got it all." This CD has got it all. From the India Arie flavored first track INDIA, to the seductive STAY THE NIGHT, to the bluesy 10 minute long THE SONG WITH NO NAME, this young kid from LA can hang in there horn to horn with his jazz contemporaries. From beginning to end, this CD is a soulful and enjoyable journey that is a pleasure to listen to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic artist!!!, October 26, 2005
This review is from: For The Family (Audio CD)
I met Jimmy around Christmas time in Fort Myers one year on a promo tour...he's wonderful and his music is SO SMOOTH!!! I highly reccomend his music for anyone who enjoys smooth jazz!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Saxophone Player And Musician, October 6, 2006
This review is from: For The Family (Audio CD)
A few weeeks ago I looking around for some more smooth jazz to listen to and by accident I came across Jimmy Reid I was familiar with him but never really listened to his music I decided to listen to the song " India" and I immeditaly purchased the cd when it arrived I put on the song " Cool Vibe " and I must say, I myself is a saxophone player and play with many smooth jazz musicians and after hearing this cd i can honestly say Jimmy Reid is one of the best! This cd is great! every song has something new and interesting and Jimmy Reid has a mature saxophone sound that makes this cd wonderful !!! This is something you must add to your cd collection - Even if you dont like jazz you will like this cd!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Can't Believe I Waited This Long, October 10, 2011
Isaac J. Walton II (Strongsville, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: For The Family (Audio CD)
I had this CD on my Amazon.com wishlist for 8 long years, when I decided to buy it. And now I see why the CD was a hit when it was first released. Very good CD!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice sounds, February 17, 2007
This review is from: For The Family (Audio CD)
Very good arrangement,nice vocals(Alexx Daye and Sharlotte Gibson)and musicians Brian Culbertson;alex Al;and Jorge Evans on favorites INDIA,COOL VIBE, and THE SONG WITH NO NAME. Nice listen Sax reminds me of Grover and Joshua Redman flavor!

For The Family
For The Family by Jimmy Reid (Audio CD - 2002)
Rate and Discover Movies