Showing 1-25 of 210 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 13, 2008 12:47:40 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 10, 2009 9:43:08 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 12:49:06 PM PDT
Someone leads a bitter, bitter life....

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 12:54:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 22, 2008 7:55:07 PM PDT
Obsidian says:
The Lurker Lilith of course used the #1 BD / SM Lover Excuse / Defense - It's just fiction.

Hey Lurker Lilith - Please go to http://www.amazon.com/TWENTY-FAN-GIRL-SHIIPPER-DEFENSES/forum/Fx1GAA6GYWX8459/Tx270CQJ0P59GEK/1/ref=cm_cd_et_up_redir?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=031606792X&store=books&newContentID=MxRYFSJY8LRUR9#MxRYFSJY8LRUR9

This is for you!

Lurves, Obsidian

BTW - Sorry about that Liz. You are gonna be a great mom & we all know it! For those of us who have spoken to Blue Liz outside of this forum and gotten to know her personally she is smart, funny, sweet, and dedicated to her husband who serves in the military. Anyone would be very lucky to have Blue Liz as a mom.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 12:55:16 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 11, 2010 10:53:36 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 12:58:55 PM PDT
Oh my holy God. Miscarry? I'm speechless.

Liz, if you need help with the website or want a break from filtering through this sicko crap, LMK. I'm pretty much on the PC all the time & don't mind lending a hand at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 1:01:03 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 18, 2008 9:31:06 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 1:01:56 PM PDT
Blue Liz says:
Thanks Tami

I'm okay. I mean, I've gotten some psycho mail, but this took the cake. This I had to share. This bitch pissed me off.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 1:03:22 PM PDT
Twilight debate has become as irrational as the debates of religion (or lack thereof) and politics. That's pretty frightening.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 1:03:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 13, 2008 1:17:23 PM PDT
bookishqua says:
Blue Liz,
I am so sorry that someone was so cruel and thoughtless to send you that e-mail. I cannot even begin to imagine what it felt like to read it. Hang in there and know that I am keeping you and your babies in my prayers.

My response to Lilith:

Telling someone that you hope they miscarry a child is rather hypocritical when you are claiming the moral high ground in defending the literary virtue of Stephenie Meyer, your "goddess". Having articles in major publications written to discuss the backlash against the book certainly represents that the voice of those who disliked the book have been heard. SM's own FAQ's acknowledge that she has understood this fact. Arguing that she has not been affected by this is a rather pointless exercise on your part. Perhaps you might want to take the time to read the issue EW devoted to the subject or peruse the articles written by Publisher's Weekly. Just a thought.

This is a forum where we meet to discuss a book. It is not a place where we meet to wish people miscarry their children when we disagree with their opinions. There are people who love the book that post here (nice ones I might add), people who can't make up their mind about the book who post here (nice ones I might add), and of course those that really didn't like the book that post here (and yes, they are nice too). And everyone gets a chance to post their thoughts and everyone from each group from time to time gets to learn from each other. That's the beauty of being able to discuss a book. Because after all, that's what we are doing, discussing a book, not fantasizing about the death of children....unlike...well...you.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 1:04:19 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 13, 2008 1:11:20 PM PDT
Obsidian says:
Again Lurker Lilith,

For those of us who have spoken to Blue Liz outside of this forum and gotten to know her personally she is smart, funny, sweet, and dedicated to her husband who serves in the military. Anyone would be very lucky to have Blue Liz as a mom.

Please move to Iran where other people think like you Lilith. That you would wish your vile thoughts on the baby of a military soldier who defends this country and your right to free hate filled speech is very disturbing.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 1:05:50 PM PDT
Blue Liz says:
Thanks so much guys.

bookishqua! How are you? Safe from Ike? And by the way, it's babies. Twins. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 1:07:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 13, 2008 1:08:22 PM PDT
Shantilly says:
Here's my response:

1.Stephenie Meyer is not a goddess and neither are you and neither are we.
2.Our satire is often laughed at--by fans of BD and haters of BD. Humor is universal.
3. I'm not self-righteous. I recognize my humanity and with it, the possibility that I will fail or make an error.
4. We have had an effect on Stephenie. She put her next book on hold, didn't she? She's addressed the "backlash" to BD on her website, hasn't she? Honestly, though, that's not the reason we're still discussing this book.
5. Of all of us, Liz is quite possibly the nicest. So, I find it interesting that you would single her out for particular criticism.

FINALLY, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY:
6. As you said, "IT IS A BOOK." So you really find it appropriate to hope that someone MISCARRIES THEIR CHILDREN OVER A BOOK?! Not only is that the height of hypocrisy, but it is also FAR, FAR, FAR more deplorable than anything WE have ever done. But I guess, you find anything you must do to protect your "goddess" acceptable-even suggesting the sacrifice of human life.

You are one sick bitch.

Do your parents know that you send these kinds of e-mails to people? I'll bet they don't.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 1:17:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 13, 2008 2:13:12 PM PDT
Reviewer says:
Damn it. I'm rather disappointed my name got left out of that email. But that won't stop me from calling her out.

Lilith: Shut. The. Hell. Up.
You have absolutely NO right to say something like that. How would you feel if someone told YOU she hoped you miscarried? And isn't it a good thing that under the first amendment, we are perfectly justified in criticizing Stephenie Meyer? And before you go pat yourself on the back, it's too bad your threats are not-threatening someone like that is undeniably infringing upon someone else's rights.

"It's just fiction"? Seriously? What a cop-out. We've all heard it about a million times, and it's not going to change anything. For a second. I'm sure Stephenie Meyer would be glad to know that while people are trying to defend her, in all of her literary goodness (read: chagrinness), they are simultaneously making death threats.

I'm truly sickened. If I had the supreme misfortune of meeting you in real life, I would give you a putting-down that you would not likely forget.
Rant done.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 1:20:07 PM PDT
bookishqua says:
Blue Liz - I just edited my post to correct that. I had no idea you were expecting twins! Wow! congrats!
I grabbed the dog yesterday and drove to Austin to stay safe from Ike. Thanks for thinking of me. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 1:21:34 PM PDT
Kelli K says:
Lilith is horrible to say the least. I am a mother of five children and could not have imagined someone saying that to me. Bless you Blue Liz.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 1:22:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 13, 2008 1:22:55 PM PDT
Shantilly says:
Lilith,

I know you're gloating with triumph right now at having your 15 minutes of fame on Amazon.com.

However, if you hoped to find support here among those people who support Breaking Dawn, I think you will find you are much mistaken. I am quite sure that even "enemies" of the Dark Side will come and tell you how incredibly dysfunctional this e-mail is.

It does appear, on the surface, that we all hate each other and we fight all the time. But, you have given us something to hate in common and thus we will bond together against you.

Why don't you buy a $.99 pencil on Amazon so you can come down here and post like a real person? I want to hear your justification for hoping someone miscarries their children.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 1:23:02 PM PDT
Yeah, they didn't mention me either. I didn't even get an email when my site got hacked. Not even a ransom note or a dirty limerick... is it so much to ask for something-- anything? Just some little sign that they CARE. They're so cruel, aren't they?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 1:23:07 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 17, 2008 5:19:10 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 1:24:07 PM PDT
bookishqua says:
Shantilly, you should also post your note to the lightsider cafe.
And Blue Liz - if she is emailing threats like that you have every right to just post the e-mail address that it came from on Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 1:24:36 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 17, 2008 5:19:11 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 1:25:08 PM PDT
Reviewer says:
I'm going to go have a little emo Eddie moment here now...
*slits wrists. headdesk over and over again. listens to death cab...*
lol

Damn it. Back on topic.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 1:26:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 13, 2008 6:53:39 PM PDT
Obsidian says:
*Obsidian dances around and laughs cause she posted MORE satire today*

http://www.amazon.com/TWENTY-FAN-GIRL-SHIIPPER-DEFENSES/forum/Fx1GAA6GYWX8459/Tx270CQJ0P59GEK/1/ref=cm_cd_et_up_redir?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=031606792X&store=books&newContentID=MxRYFSJY8LRUR9#MxRYFSJY8LRUR9

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 1:26:50 PM PDT
Reviewer says:
Maybe you should go get a life, Obsidian! lol

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 1:27:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 13, 2008 1:30:23 PM PDT
D. Kukura says:
As someone who is newer to these boards, I'd first like to offer my congratulations to Blue Liz! Twins! Wow, that's amazing, and I wish you every good fortune there ever was! I'm sure you'll be a wonderful mother. I'm also sending prayers and good wishes for your husband and his safe return to his new family.

Now the ugly bit, 'Lilith'. I suppose it makes me naive, but I find it astonishing that anyone could say something so filled with evil and hatred to a woman they've never even met, and to the degree of wishing harm on her unborn children. Not only that, but you lurked here, festering these thoughts, and then email them in private, like a coward, rather than having the courage to spew that hatred here so that everyone can let you know what they think of it. I'm hoping that this means you're at least a little bit ashamed of yourself for thinking such cruel things, though even shame would do nothing to redeem what you said.

I honestly think Blue Liz or one of her friends should forward your horrible email to Stephenie Meyer's website, to see what their reaction is. I'm betting Meyer would NEVER agree with someone saying what you did just to defend her book. I may not enjoy her writing, but I'm pretty sure she's a woman who values life, especially the lives of children. You do her no favors by saying what you did.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 1:29:02 PM PDT
Shantilly says:
Lilith, or should I say KRISTEN?

You've been an incredibly naughty little girl. You're only a teenager, right? Not even old enough to drive probably.

I think that if your mother knew that you sent an e-mail like the one you sent to Liz, you'd probably be in quite a bit of trouble. No mother would want her daughter to wish death on someone else's children. That is truly despicable.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  71
Total posts:  210
Initial post:  Sep 13, 2008
Latest post:  Aug 19, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Breaking Dawn Special Edition (The Twilight Saga)
Breaking Dawn Special Edition (The Twilight Saga) by Stephenie Meyer (Hardcover - August 4, 2009)
3.7 out of 5 stars   (6,641)