Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Forbidden Blood: A House of Comarré Novella
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 20, 2012
*** Originally posted @ ReadingDiva's Blog *** - Rating 3.5 of 5

Forbidden Blood is the story of Maris and Dominic. This is a great introduction to the Comarre series and one I recommend you read before starting Blood Rights, but then again it may be best you read the first 2 books. I'll leave that decision to the reader.

Though the story is short it has the necessary ingredients to spark interest and keep you reading. Forbidden Blood gives us an insight of the struggles, drama and sacrifices Maris & Dominic had to make in order for her to obtain her freedom.

The one complain I have about the book is how I was left wanting to know more about Maris and Dominic love affair, it was so short and though I know she "loved" Dominic her love for him do not feel as great as his love for her.

Forbidden Blood answered a lot of questions I had after reading the first 3 installment of the series, but it also left a few questions unanswered. I now get to understand why and how Dominic became the man he is. In all, this short read gave me a perspective on Maris's actions and decisions. It also gave me a glimpse into the sacrifices Dominic had to make in order to be with Maris.
on November 4, 2012
A good short story about how Maris came to be liberated and her relationship with Dominic. He was really a different vampire from the start having compassion which so many of them didn't especially for a woman who is really just a portable blood bank. A great fill in as I waited to read the next book in the series.
on May 31, 2012
Forbidden Blood is a prequel novella in the House of Comarré series and tells the story of Maris and Dominic. Though it is a prequel, it was written and released after book three, Bad Blood, and I suggest you (at least) wait and read it after Blood Rights, the first book in the series. Without the back story and knowledge of the Comarré that you get in the opening book the novella could be difficult to follow.

All that being said, I was beyond thrilled when I found out Kristen Painter was writing a novella bout Maris and Dominic. Being a huge fan of the series I had questions about their relationship. I wanted to know how they came to be acquainted, why Dominic became anathema and what ultimately caused Maris to seek Libertas. Throughout the series Dominic has come across as a borderline bad guy but we know that he and Maris loved each other deeply so what caused them to separate? What happened to turn him into the outcast vampire I'd grown to know and love?

While Forbidden Blood does answer a lot of the questions I had, it didn't answer them all. I enjoyed getting to know both Maris and Dominic better and it was nice to see him from another perspective. He was so much different than I expected him to be. Noble vampires are usually outcast and made anathema because they've killed one of their own. I guess I expected Dominic to be cold and calculating even as a noble but he wasn't. He was likeable, caring and sweet. Reading this story, watching him fall in love and give everything up for Maris was beautiful and tragic. Beautiful because he loved her enough to risk everything to be with her; tragic because in my opinion she really didn't deserve him. She may have loved him in her own way but she didn't deserve all that he gave up for her. He was more of a means to an end for her.

I was glad that we got to see the battle for Libertas between Maris and her asshat Patron, Arnaud. We learned early on in the series that Maris was severely damaged during the fight but we didn't get details so I enjoyed witnessing the fight. Once Maris earned her freedom and Dominic was outcast they made their way to New Florida.

The life we see in New Florida was very brief and only made me dislike Maris more. I would've liked to see what events lead to them parting ways but we didn't get any of that. After all, Forbidden Blood is a novella and in order to get all the detail it would've needed to be much longer.

In closing, I understand why Maris did what she did but that doesn't change the fact that I feel she ruined a good man in the process. Dominic, though unhappy, was a noble, decent man before she was forced into his life and I really hope that at some point in the series he finds someone worthy of him; Maris most certainly was not.
on February 24, 2015
I discovered this book series at the small bookstore that I often frequent. After I got home and looked it up, I found out that this prequel existed. It was short and didn't explain too much about the Comarré except that they are blood slaves to vampires. It does sort out the first part of the story which seemed to be missing from the first book. I would definitely recommend reading it, but probably after Book #1 (Blood Rights). I'm definitely looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
on August 13, 2012
After reading thousands of books, this is a keeper series.I am impressed with her writing style and love the direction her book goes in. You will want to continue to the next book and so on. I read the entire series. Her character feel real and with emotion and the story just flows and then your done andlike whats next. get the entire series. It wont disappoint you, I promise!
on July 25, 2012
I thought this novella would help tie me over until Out for Blood comes out in October. I thought wrong. All this did was make me want it even more. Which is absolutely not a bad thing.

If you have NOT read the previous books in the House of Comarré series please read with caution. There are some spoilers that were unavoidable. Proceed with caution . . .

In Forbidden Blood we get a new look in to how Marissa (or Maris) and Dominic came to fall in love. It's actually a beautiful story. It's funny how similar mother and daughter truly are even though as Chrysabelle grew up she had no idea who her mother really was. As a Comarré both she and her mom fell in love with a vampire, which is unheard of. Both worthy vampires, in my eyes. I do believe after reading this though, I have a new view and respect for Dominic. I was always iffy regarding him but I can say I am no longer thinking the worst of him.

You knew, having read the other books, that Maris was strong but I had no idea how strong. This novella just shows you how strong and determined she was for her freedom. Though it wasn't just her freedom she had in mind.

Is it October yet because I really need more. This is a series I absolutely love and I can't believe we're over halfway through it. Just two more books and it's over; this makes me sad thinking about it.

I recommend this to anyone who has read Blood Rights, Flesh & Blood and Bad Blood. If you have no read these, then I do believe it's best you read them first.
on November 10, 2013
I thought this book was great for a sneak peek kind of before the story kind of thing. I liked the relationship between Marrissa and Domenic and the whole Comarré - Vampire relationship as a whole was intriguing. I like stories where people break the rules and this series seems to be all for that...lol...I look forward to reading the rest!
on February 8, 2013
My daughter loved reading this book. It only took her a couple of days and she was done. Every few pages she was running up to me, "Mum, guess whats happening now?" and then would give me a whole chapter worth of information!
on September 10, 2013
A nice introduction to her work. Interesting story line. Not the type of story I usually read, but it was entertaining to read something a little off the normal beaten path.
on November 13, 2012
I live thus series crystabelle rocks! Everyone must read can't wait to see how this will all end. Funny sexy and very very entertaining a definite page turner.