5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic Read!
Published on February 24, 2012 by Lynn Worton

2.0 out of 5 stars I CANNOT LIE....
I struggled with this book.

Published on September 9, 2012 by Nhya

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic Read!, February 24, 2012
Kearn is a Venator, a vampire who guards humans against those of his kind who desire Source Blood. Source Blood is very rare human blood type and acts like a drug if drunk by vampires. Whilst tracking down an elusive Source Blood abuser, he rescues a human woman from a vampire attack. Amber is a Source Blood and the perfect bait for Kearn to draw out his foe. But as they race to catch the vampire and survive the cruel games he plays, Amber is pulled deeper into Kearn's world. Can Kearn catch the elusive vampire before he gets to Amber? Can Amber heal the hurt hidden behind Kearn's tough emotionless exterior?

I would like to thank Felicity Heaton for her generous giveaway, which allowed me to get this book. Having read previous stories written by her, I knew I was in for a fantastic ride; I was not disappointed. I loved this story!
Kearn is vampire Venator, who has been given the task of saving humans from other vampires - sort of like a police officer. He is a very strong character. He has a great sense of responsibility to protect humans and track down those vampires who transgress the laws. When he meets Amber, we get to see a softer side to him. Amber is a human and is also a fantastic character; she's a very beautiful and feisty lady. I admire her courage to fight for what she wants. This story is told from both of their points of view, and gives the reader an insight into their thoughts and feelings. I was a bit apprehensive about reviewing this book before reading this story, as I knew that Felicity can write some steamy, explicit scenes. But as I read the story, and fell under the character's spell, my fears were laid to rest. Those scenes were beautifully and artistically written and fit with the overall feel of the book, which is a fantastic romance novel. If you love vampires like I do, you will love this book. I highly recommend this novel and look forward to reading more of the Vampire Venators series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully suspenseful!, February 25, 2013
This review is from: Forbidden Blood (A Vampire Romance Novel) (Kindle Edition)
I am a big fan and follower of Felicity Heaton’s. I realized I had not read this book. Once I started my journey with Kearn and Amber I could not stop reading. There were so many twists to their story. I was a nervous wreck! It is not your “usual” vampire story. There is romance, sexiness, betrayal, and past secrets that haunt Kearn but the plot took me by surprise. Amber is human and is “source” blood which is addicting and illegal to consume. Kearn’s duty as a Vanator enforcer is to keep Amber from being a supplier, by keeping her safe from the evil that wants to use her and from himself. This book kept me tense and on the edge of my seat and reminded me again why I find Felicity’s books compelling.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have absolutely fallen head over heels in love with this series and for me, December 10, 2014
This review is from: Forbidden Blood (A Vampire Romance Novel) (Kindle Edition)
OMG! I have absolutely fallen head over heels in love with this series and for me, that is not an easy thing for an author to accomplish as I am very picky but, I have absolutely no complaints and only raves and rants about how amazing this book and the series! The author is a fantastic storyteller, a master at all too! I highly recommend this series to all of my friends! Reviewed by Holly Newhouse for Eternal Books Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Felicity Heaton is the "Source" for Paranormal Romance writings., November 28, 2014
This review is from: Forbidden Blood (A Vampire Romance Novel) (Kindle Edition)
The love story of Kearn, a Venator Vampire, and Amber, a Source Blood human. Very intricate and sexy love story. The author has again outdone herself. She has a great imagination and I just can't get enough of her writings. You will not be disappointed in this read. No one can write a paranormal romance like Felicity Heaton. What a talent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Action-packed and well-developed., September 8, 2012
This review is from: Forbidden Blood (A Vampire Romance Novel) (Kindle Edition)
Hopeless romantics will love Felicity Heaton's new book, Forbidden Blood. The story is fast-paced and imaginative, her writing flows ever so smoothly but it's the tale of impossible love that really seals the deal. It's sappy and improbable yet I couldn't help but eat it up. I am a girl after all and when I'm not reading novels full of wolfish gore; I love a good love story just as much as anyone.

Heaton manages to put a new spin on the tired vampire genre. I really enjoyed the caste system in this undead society. The different bloodlines with varying power levels and abilities gave this book a more wholesome feel. I also liked that the vamps can actually sire their offspring. Meaning, these fanged families are related by more than just their shared paleness. The terms mother/father, brother/sister are literal not figurative. As a result, I felt a stronger connection between the families. The consequences of a betrayal also became more pronounced because of this detail. A new breed of vamp is introduced in this series: The Venators. I wish their origins and purpose would have been covered more in-depthly (maybe in future installments?) but I liked the overall concept and the tidbits that were included.

Kearn is an interesting character. I disliked him at first but he slowly grew on me and by the end I adored him. His situation is heart-wrenching. This Venator gets dealt one crappy hand after another. It's a wonder that he's able to get out of bed most days and that he still believes in doing the right thing. Amber was just the medicine Kearn needed and I'm so happy that they found each other. She's strong when she needs to be yet incredibly soft and understanding when it comes to her savior. These two love birds are like night and day but for them it works perfectly.

This book is action-packed and the plot is well-developed but the overall story does revolve around the blooming love between Kearn and Amber. So if you're not a fan of paranormal romance you may want to steer clear of this book because it is packed with over the top romantic mush. However, if you like a little (okay a lot) of mind blowing sex scenes in your fictional cocktail, then Forbidden Blood is for you. A beautifully written debut to Felicity Heaton's new series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Forbidden Blood, August 28, 2014
This review is from: Forbidden Blood (A Vampire Romance Novel) (Kindle Edition)
I loved the diversity of the vampires in this story. There are many layers to the vampire society, and even differences in the types of blood from humans. As the title suggests, Amber has forbidden blood, a type of blood that has some special qualities to it that act like both a drug and a power boost. Kearn is an exiled vampire, sort of like and enforcer, and one of the upper echelon of vampires who see humans as far beneath them. When the two meet, though, the attraction between them is more than blood deep. I have enjoyed many of Heaton's stories, and will continue to pick up her books in the future.

2.0 out of 5 stars I CANNOT LIE...., September 9, 2012
I struggled with this book.

Just when you think life is about to be breathed into this story it misses it's mark considerably. And the writing style? When the author switches scenes is very confusing. You're reading a sentence and then with the very next line, you're in a different scene. That irks me to no end when I am reading a story & it happens several times in this book. So that knocks me out of the flow of this story as well.

Also the main characters spend way too much time in their own heads and not enough talkin and interacting with each other. Even though they are in the same room together. So this causes things to be quite repetitive as well. I want to feel and see a connection. Not always be told it's there and why.

And if I had to read about how much he wanted her blood one more time I was going to scream! I get it.. Your a vamp and her blood is the most enticing you've ever smelled in all your 300 odd years of existence. I get it. MOVE. THE. FREAK. ON! Bite her and get it over with!

It's a shame cos the guy Kearn is really really HAWT. Though his relationship with the heroine is luke warm at best. He would be so much hotter in a different story.

The plot has promise, but you soon realize who the villian is even though it seems to take forever to get you there. And the face off is very anti-climatic.

From a techinical stand point the writing is choppy and as I said earlier way too repetitive. And there are also some things not consistent with the story. Like one that bothers me.. if your tongue holds healing properties that closes a bite, why then is her neck or hand still bleeding hours or the next day after you've "healed" it? Thus causing you to continue to be even more tempted to drink her blood.

But mainly my dislike for this one is there was just nothing on the page that truly captivated me. This book honestly wanted to be a great story though. The execution of it just left me wanting.

This is one of those stories where you are either going to love it... or not.

4.0 out of 5 stars A few poor word choices....but we all have them...., September 4, 2014
This review is from: Forbidden Blood (A Vampire Romance Novel) (Kindle Edition)
Good storytelling...good characters...villain was not obvious, and the author did a good job of misdirection to make me think it was someone it wasn't....
The end wasn't predictable, except for what couldn't not happen ( and, yes, I used the double negative on purpose ). In all an enjoyable read, and I will certainly read more of Ms. Heaton's books...Thanks, Felicity!

3.0 out of 5 stars not for me !, March 28, 2014
This review is from: Forbidden Blood (A Vampire Romance Novel) (Kindle Edition)
Amber And Kearn , a very different storyline to get into , I just couldn't enjoy it sorry.. maybe some one else will like like it

4.0 out of 5 stars A Reading the Paranormal Review, April 10, 2013
This review is from: Forbidden Blood (A Vampire Romance Novel) (Kindle Edition)
It took a bit for me to fall into this world, but once I did, I fell hard and I liked it. Kearn has been given a duty that should have been a blessing and instead, because of the circumstances that led to him being chosen over his brother, he hates it and has isolated himself from everything he used to hold dear. Since this duty comes with physical changes (hair and eye color that make him stand out from other vampires and a tattoo to help him channel his power), it's something he has to face every time he looks in a mirror. I felt for the poor guy. To hate this duty that he can't rid himself of AND be estranged from his family made what he's going through so tragic.

Amber, on the other hand, has it pretty easy. Well, except for that whole thing where her blood is highly prized and if the wrong people get their hands on her she'll suffer a world of pain and all sorts of other badness. Good thing Kearn stumbles over her when things aren't looking to good, huh? These two simmer for a bit before combusting. Just the way I like it.

Felicity Heaton has built an intriguing world with classes and levels of nobility. The nobles bend the rules when then can and humans are looked down on. Bloody, a little dark, and full of lots of twists and backstabbing... which are pretty much all the things I look for in a book about vampires.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal