Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 25, 2012
Sam and Drake are back, joined by Luke and Lucy in the action-packed sequel to Forbidden Mind. Things are heating up for the runaways while the twins still stuck at Rent-a-Kid struggle to find a way to escape, both for themselves and for the other gifted children being exploited by the organization.

While Sam and Drake are pursued by mysterious men in black, Luke and Lucy deal with the militarization of their school and dangerous missions beyond the norm.

I refuse to give anything away, but if you loved Forbidden Mind, you'll be a huge fan of book two. I enjoyed this one even more than the first--this series just keeps getting better!
on December 23, 2014
The word "vomit" appears 5 times in the book and, in my opinion, is at least 2 times too many. The main character Sam has devolved into a weak, frail, whiney, insecure, useless, incompetent young woman in this book. In the midst of a weird pregnancy reminiscent of Bella in Book 4 of the Twilight series, she's morning sick (thus the vomiting), withdrawing from forced drug addiction (thus more vomiting), incoherent much of the time, making horrible decisions for herself and everybody around her, and is generally a loathsome creature. I get that it must be a nice fantasy for young women to think that no matter how horrible and worthless they are, someone like Drake (Sam's superhero male counterpart) will unconditionally love them no matter what. But yuck, do these characters like Sam really need to be such losers?

OK, so now let's ignore the detestable main character. The rest of the book is excellent. If you don't mind main characters like Sam (or actually enjoy them), then I recommend it. If you quickly tire of whiney protagonists, then I suggest skipping this one.
on July 14, 2015
Started out well then, idk...turned into bleh. Especially Sam, feeling guilty for EVERYTHING. Almost did not finish book because of it. She keeps putting her life....and the baby's....and Drakes....because she feels guilty about using her powers over people to help themselves, and these are in life or death situations. To me, just wasn't a character I could get behind. Not reading the third installment...
on April 14, 2014
It had action, suspense, drama and then there was Sam.

On the one hand you have Drake, who completely loves Sam and their child. He understands that to keep them safe you sometimes have to do things you don't want to. Sometimes, you have to fall into a grey area for the big picture.
On the other hand you have Sam. I'm distressed even typing her name. She whines and whines and whines and whines. Through everything, at least she is consistent.... she whines. I feel she belittles Drake and questions everything he does. The para-power that keeps his family safe is exactly what she hates about him. Although, a para-power not too far away from her own, so maybe she is projecting her own self loathing. It wasn't awful, I just wanted Sam to grow up and stop whining.
on March 27, 2012
Sensational, Explosive, Awesome!!!!

I stayed up until the early hours of the morning (2 a.m.) reading this book once I started reading I didn't want to stop so everything was put on hold until I finished and it was worth every moment of it! I love this book! I couldn't imagine myself going through and living through what these kids in this book have. it really makes you think about how eerily similar our world we live in today is so alike with our government controlling us and using us.. Forbidden Fire is explosive! it's action-packed, riveting and so full of surprises you never would have seen coming! get ready to be on Fire because this is one book that you will never ever forget!!!
on April 21, 2014
I believe this was the fastest paced book of the series. The first one was the intro book, and was new and exciting. The second one got to dig a little deeper and tell more of the story. This was by far, my favorite of the three books in the series.
on March 21, 2014
I had high hopes for this book after reading the first one, Forbidden Mind (The Forbidden Trilogy #1). I usually don't buy the next book in a series unless I'm really, really curious as to what happens next. I bit the bullet on this one and decided to buy the second installment. I'm going to say that the suspense is there and the action is there, but what I don't like about this book is how the author has developed Sam. Sam holds Drake at arms length for being who he is, even though he's completely, madly in love with her, just trying to do whats best for both of them, sacrificing his life, while sacrificing his morals on a very personal level just to keep her safe and yet, this is not good enough for her. She judges him constantly and puts everyone else above him, not herself, him. Then, what she does towards the end is almost unforgivable. Love is a very powerful emotion, it isn't faked, and it isn't over though. When someone lives in your heart, they hold your thoughts, they have sway over your emotions, and you want what's best for them in both a conscious and subconscious way. When it comes to family, the natural instinct is to put them first, to protect them, to shelter them. It's not selfish. It's a human trait. Sams character lacks this instinct, her priorities are mixed up, and she doesn't think about the consequences. She's constantly putting people that she's only met once, or who've bullied her her whole life over Drake, someone that completely loves her and I don't think that it's realistic at all. You can still hold the value of human life without putting another one down, yet this author didn't think it was that important. Maybe the third book shows an improvement in her character but like I said, I only buy the next book in a series if it really captured my attention and this book failed to do that.
on March 29, 2012
This sequel to Forbidden Mind is every bit as good as its predecessor. Once again, I found myself caring deeply, not only for the main characters, Drake and Sam, but also for their friends, secondary characters, Lucy and Luke, still trapped inside the Kids-for-Rent school.

Things have got a lot worse since Sam and Drake's escape, the school has turned into a prison camp with guards everywhere and harsh punishments. The Principle who was a relatively caring man in the circumstances is now a shell of a man doing the bidding of the cruel Mr Black. While Lucy and Luke struggle with the new regime, Drake and Sam, who has been impregnated without her consent by the Rent- a Kid organisation - luckily it's Drake's baby - run from those sent to recapture them.

Add to that Drake and Sam's difference of opinion on the moral use of their powers, and Sam's illness as her body adapts to pregnancy and withdrawal from the drugs she's been fed from an early age, and you get a lot of tension. It's one of those books you don't want to put down and I gobbled it up in two days.

The special thing about this book is its questioning the nature of good and evil, not just in terms of the sometimes deadly paranormal powers these kids have, but in terms of the characters. Is anyone completely evil or completely good? And once you understand an `evil' person's background and motivations, can you still see them in the same way?

I totally recommend this book to all fans of YA Urban fantasy, but read `Forbidden Mind' first. Kimberley Kinrade is an Awesome Indies Author and this book proves that she well deserves that honour.
on September 13, 2012
No need to tell you the story line again. You MUST read Forbidden Mind before reading this one. The second was better than the first (and the first one was great). Can't wait for Forbidden Life to come out on October 12th. You won't regret reading these two books, I assure you.
on October 18, 2012
Check out my blog for the book tour on this whole series. Link is in my profile. (giveaways too)

Forbidden Fire Review

Wow, this story just keeps getting better and better. It flows so well from one book till the next. I was happy that I have them all here ready to read. And same with the last and final book, Forbidden Life, I am ready to pick it up too.
Since this is the 2nd book, and know some may not have read the first yet, I am being careful in this review, it will be spoiler free for both books, the best I can.
I loved Forbidden Mind, and love Forbidden Fire too.

This series reminds me of a few TV shows I had watched in the past, and now. In the past, I watched a show called Dark Angel, this reminds me of it; in the way that the kids are locked up, and trained for the companies own uses, and tracking devices installed too. But in this series, the kids are more like the x-men characters, and a whole lot like a show I watch on Sci-Fi channel called Alphas, in that one, its not kids, but adult with all sorts of Para-powers too, but they call them Alphas. Anyway, the point is, even though these are all similar in ways, this story in itself is unique.
I am hooked like you would not believe in this series, and will be sad to see it end. I really am impressed with Kimberly's writing style, and am very comfortable in reading it.

I love how we get to be in different points of view. In this one, we get inside many, Sam, Drake, Lucy and more.
I do not want to say much more about the story, as to not spoil it, but its intense, exciting, and non-stop action. You will be on the edge of your seat reading as fast as you can to see what happens next. It has been really hard to put down, for sleep, lol.
I highly recommend this series. It's great for all ages, you get the sci-fi spin with the paranormal in there too, with some romance. Love it.

5 out of 5 stars for me.

I was provided a copy of this book for my honest review for the book tour by Innovative Online Book Tours.