Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 3, 2010 1:18:20 PM PDT
Hello, Everyone.
I just recieved Forbidden Planet on Blu-Ray today in the mail.(September 3, 2010...4 days before release date)
I was wondering if anyone else has it yet and I was wondering what your views on this release are.
Thanks.

Posted on Sep 7, 2010 12:00:19 PM PDT
Bob Drake says:
I have the HD DVD 1080p version (released for the 50th anniversary in 2006) and really enjoyed the film and the many, many extras, considering it is a 54 year old film. I am presuming that the blu-ray version is a clone of the HD DVD version in terms of features. The film looks crisp and clear. The colors are vibrant, and the sound is crystal clear. Highly recommended!

Posted on Apr 16, 2011 1:48:21 PM PDT
Fred Coulter says:
I was wondering if there is anything on the 50th anniversary 2 disk DVD version that was not included on the Blu-Ray version. Given how old the film is, if there are more features on the 2 disk DVD than the Blu-ray, it may be better to stick with the older technology.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2011 2:13:10 PM PDT
Bob Drake says:
There is a LOT of extra stuff on the HD DVD version, more than was on the laserdisc version. I presume the BD content is the same as the HD DVD. If you can handle the BD I would go with it. A dual layer BD can hold 50GB of data. Much more than two two-layer DVDs.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2011 9:44:58 PM PDT
PaulB_30 says:
Features are the same.

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 10:13:08 AM PDT
Al Lutz says:
The gallery of seven science-fiction movie trailers dating from 1953 (The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms) to 1960's The Time Machine that was on the first disc of the 50th anniversary DVD is missing on the BD.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2011 11:07:36 AM PDT
Bob Drake says:
I'll have to check the trailers on HD DVD that was issued about the same time as the 50th Anniversary DVD.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Sep 3, 2010
Latest post:  Aug 11, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Forbidden Planet [VHS]
Forbidden Planet [VHS] by Walter Pidgeon (VHS Tape - 2000)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (1,094)