Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on April 11, 2011
This book was a surprise! I didn't really know what to expect but the story grabbed me and pulled me in right from the very first page. The writing was very smooth and flowed well throughout the entire book. Although there are a ton of books out there with vampires, fairies, werewolves, elves etc..., the author presents a unique viewpoint with lots of little twists and surprises and the story never slows down.I also enjoyed the way the author handled the relationship between the two main characters. She allows it to grow and doesn't rush it and the minor intimacy between them is appropriate and honest. The secondary characters are well developed and I'm looking forward to reading more about them in future books. Forbidden Temptation of a Vampire is definately an interesting and fun read!

I think this book would be a great read for teens and adults alike. I am really looking forward to reading the rest of the books in the series!
on September 26, 2011
Originally posted at My Cute Bookshelf.

As a halfling, Katie's not the most popular among the Sídhí campers. Mixing with other races is a big no for Sídhí creatures. Katie is half elf and half vampire, which are two creatures who hate each other. It doesn't help things when she meets Jared, a full-blooded vampire who she feels an attraction to. She knows it's pretty much impossible for them to ever get together, and she feels like Jared would reject her due to her mixed nature. Then Katie and Jared encounter a murder. Betrayal is finally happening among the Sídhí. Together, Jared and Katie try their best to save those attacked and help the dragons.

I can't really summarize properly this book. There are many events going on, and it could lead me to spoil the story. I tried my best to explain, without giving too much of the story away. In Forbidden Temptation of a Vampire, we not only see vampires, but elves and dragons as well. The lore behind this story is quite amazing. Sídhí blood has a crystal in it. This crystal sings when fated people meet. This leads to their LifeMate. The LifeMate is that person who will always have a bond with them--their lover. I really liked this because I'm a total sucker for stories about destined love. The way the LifeMates bonded was really beautiful. I just really loved the idea of their blood singing. This story includes more than a couple, although there's one with an unresolved ending. I hope that I get to read about them in the future because they were a really interesting couple. As I said, the lore was fantastic and there are a lot of terms to the story. I was really glad to see a glossary was available because it could get confusing.

The vampires in this story are a bit different from typical ones. They don't really drink from humans. They resort to other things or just eat normal food. Also, their blood drinking is for pleasure. This is a very important part for vampire LifeMates. This was a very interesting take on vampires, and one that I enjoyed.

I liked Sarah the most out of all the characters. She isn't exactly a main character, but she proved to be a valuable one. I just loved how strong she was, and her love for a particular guy. She starts out as an outcast but proves herself throughout the story. The other characters were nice too, but Sarah was the one who stood out for me.

All in all, Forbidden Temptation of a Vampire proved to be a great read. I enjoyed the world that Jodie Cooper built, and I'm looking forward to reading more about it in the future.
on April 1, 2012
No matter how many books I read about them, vampires never get old for me. The good thing about this book though, is that there are more paranormal creatures than just vampires. There are elves, dragons, and even big foot to keep the story interesting. I really liked how all of the teens had to go to a camp together, even though the elves and the vampires didn't get along. The world and culture in Forbidden Temptation of a Vampire was so fun to read about, especially the whole lifemate aspect. I really wish that I were Katie and one morning could wake up tall, beautiful, and curvy just because puberty ended. Not to mention have an insanely hot vampire obsessed with me. Katie and Jared's whole relationship was really fun to watch develop and grow as they try to save the valleys. Sometimes the book got confusing at parts, but I think that's because I was reading too fast and missed some details. You definitely need to take your time on this book to catch all of the characters and whole gist of the world they live in. Other than that part, I loved all of the characters and the storyline of this book. I wish I could have followed Nick and Sarah's story more instead of their little tidbits every now and then, but seeing as the book was mainly about Katie and Jared, I guess that was okay. The book was kind of left unfinished, but I guess that's because there are supposed to be many more in this series. I will definitely be checking back with these vampires and elves to see what happens next!
on February 7, 2013
The premise behind this story is really neat, especially with respect to who rules the Supes. It takes the idea of the supernatural races not getting along and gives it a big shake. I¡¦m absolutely loving the development of vampires in this novel. You see where they human myths come from but you also see the realism in the differences. The dragons in this novel are also quite unique. She also integrates the notion of cultural intermingling to great effect, drawing reality into fantasy.

Cooper has an amazing way with words and storytelling. The world that she creates is so flawlessly realistic that you cannot help but want to visit it or to live there. She also changes perspective from character to character showing the differences between individuals and species or subspecies. It never once disrupts the progression of the story nor does it ever confuse the story. I don¡¦t remember ever having seen an author use this technique to such amazing ends.

The main characters in this novel were very engaging. You want to know them, even if they are a little hard-headed at times. While journeying with these characters you find yourself questioning people¡¦s motives and actions, wondering which side they¡¦re really on or who they really are. It adds to the mystery of the story, acting to draw you further and further into this world. One thing about the characters though... I definitely wouldn¡¦t want to experience their version of puberty. Oh man.

As a cohesive unit, this novel has it all. There¡¦s lots of intrigue interspersed with a budding romance. Characters that you want to journey with. Absolutely amazing scenery. However, I must say that I definitely needed a chocolate fix by the end. º
on August 9, 2011
Forbidden Temptation of a Vampire is one of those books that sticks with you far after the last page is read. It's intricate, detailed, and a well mapped out story that I'm so glad is one of more to come. For fans of the paranormal romance genre, or fans of young adult books in general, this book is pretty awesome.

In Forbidden Temptation of a Vampire, Jodie B. Cooper delivers a well developed and excellent story of love, suspense, action, and plenty of hilarious moments that will leave any reader grinning from ear to ear. It's the perfect combination of laugh out loud incidents and grind your teeth drama and mystery that also includes everything in between.

The characters are very human, even though they're not, easy to relate to for anyone because there are so many different personalities. I loved Sarah's character, bad ass outcast and exile (maybe that says something about me). The girl is a mystery, and it was interesting to see how the story unfolded. It's one of those books that keeps you guessing, and then you think you've finally figured it out, and something else happens that causes you to doubt previous predictions. And, I loved that about it, kept me on my toes. So much happens in this one book that there's never a dull moment.

I will say that first and foremost this book is a love story. Within all of it's paranormal elements: vampires, elves, shape shifters, and so much more, lies a very basic and beautiful almost Romeo and Juliet inspired story of forbidden love. At times the lines were cheesy and blush worthy, but overall it came across as sincere. I enjoyed the lifeMate aspect of the book, which is explained in the glossary at the back as: "two people drawn together by the synth crystal in their blood, who fall in love and bond,". It's an interesting spin on soul mates with an even deeper connection.

I can't wait to read more about this interesting world and delve deeper into the stories of these characters. Everyone is forcefully brought together with all of their differences and it's sometimes emotionally draining to keep up with all of them. A bunch of teenagers thrown into one camp together dragging all of their baggage around is quite a bit to deal with. Then add in suspicion, some jealousy, and discrimination and you've got yourself a party in Dragon Valley, kind of, I will say they do try and make the best of it.

I am a fan and cannot wait to check out some more of Jodie's work. She's an incredibly talented author who knows exactly how to connect with her readers. In addition to the glossary at the end of the story is also a map of the camp grounds, which I found to be a pretty neat feature.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Alright, I'll start by saying I was completely surprised by this story. When I read the summary, I thought, okay, another vampire story. Well, I never get tired of those. But this was a completely different world than the vampire stories that I've read before. Okay, so some of the language takes a minute to get used to, and it may have started a little slow, but I got really caught up in the story and enjoyed myself a lot!

What I liked: 1) Sarah - she's kind of a badass. I liked her from the very first time she came into the story. She was very well-developed, as were most of the characters in the book. 2) The setting - I want to go to a summer camp with these amenities. The last camp I went to had lukewarm water for showers - sometimes. And a barely functioning air conditioner. I'd be there in a heartbeat...if I could be there and not be eaten by the campers! 3) The soulmates concept is really well done in this story. I don't want to say anything about it, because I don't want to give anything away, but it's a really cool take on a well-known idea. 4) The suspense - I wasn't expecting a story that kept me on edge as much as this one did. It seemed like every *theoretical, as this was an ebook* page turn, I was thinking, wait, no! What's gonna happen!? Is Jared good or bad??!! 5) The epilogue *smiles*

What I didn't like: 1) As I mentioned before, it did start a little slow. But it didn't take long for me to sink into the story, and not emerge again until I was finished. 2) The ending hit me as a little...shallow. Maybe that's the wrong word. I felt like there was a lot of really good depth to most of the story, but the ending left me wanting something more.

Overall thoughts: This was a good read. It's unlike any other paranormal stories I've read. Forbidden Temptation of a Vampire has fun characters, an imaginative plot, and a setting that comes alive. The love story is sweet, sentimental, and even a little chaste at times, which I thought made it even better. The suspense in the book is well written, and kept me on my toes. Every time I thought I'd figured something out, a twist came in and changed the game. I definitely hope to read a sequel!
on November 13, 2012
A mandatory summer camp for the two eldest children of some of the most powerful families in the Sidhi world. A chance for the various races to live together in peace and learn that they are not as different as they think. Many believe it will never succeed and others believe that there is an ulterior motive for wanting the children in such a vulnerable position.
Katie and her twin, Mitch are halflings (vampire/elf mix) and they are forced to live with full blooded vampires who, as a rule, hate halflings. The first vampires that Mitch and Katie encounter are Jared and his sister, Emily. The girls seem to hit it off, but Katie is wary of the way Jared acts. She feels he might be plotting against her, and yet she can't help her attraction to him. Among the other cabin mates are Jared's girlfriend (sort of), Jared and Emily's cousin and a vampire that feeds exclusively on blood. The group is forced to spend their time together and hikes into the mountains where several adventures occur as well as bonding experiences.

The book was a fun read. It was a nice pace and included enough adventure, mystery and romance for just about any reader. I found it very easy to like (or dislike) the characters as they were written and felt that Ms. Cooper struck the right balance between typical teenage silliness and more mature common sense and logic. I never found myself yelling at the characters for being "dumb" (like the first few victims in a horror movie). The book flowed nicely and easily set itself up for the accompanying book in the series.

This is a very easy book to recommend to young readers. It has a little of everything for everyone.
on April 24, 2013
this book is realy good, it gets a little confusing sometimes but if you persist i can promise you that you won't be disapointed it is brillant

there are others by this author and if you love this book yoku will definitly love the others, i haven't read them all by any strech of the imagination but i want too and dosen't that make up for anything?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!