- File Size: 470 KB
- Print Length: 50 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Compendium Press (December 25, 2013)
- Publication Date: December 25, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00BK70I7M
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #393,529 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Force of Habit 2: And Then There Were Nuns Kindle Edition
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
JAMES SCOTT BELL is a bestselling and award winning suspense writer, and one of the top writing coaches in the country. He writes in both the traditional and indie publishing realms. Writing as K. Bennett, he is the author of the Mallory Caine, Zombie-at-Law series, which begins with PAY ME IN FLESH. In 2012 he became the first writer to have a self published work nominated for the prestigious International Thriller Writers Award (for the novella ONE MORE LIE). He was the fiction columnist for Writer's Digest magazine and has written four popular books for the Writers Digest line: Plot & Structure, Revision & Self-Editing, The Art of War for Writers and Conflict & Suspense. Jim taught novel writing at Pepperdine University and continues to teach at numerous writers conferences in the United States, Canada, London, Australia, and New Zealand. He attended the University of California, Santa Barbara where he studied writing with Raymond Carver. He lives and writes in L.A. He blogs weekly at Kill Zone -- www.killzoneauthors.blogspot.com
Top Customer Reviews
1. Steven Spielberg is a character in this story who plays himself.
2. The author is a lawyer who can probably do this without the problems other authors would get into.
3. With this Sister J story the series has developed legs. This is a series that could run for many titles.
4. These two Sister J stories have formed a solid foundation that reminds me very much of an urban American version of Alexander Mccall Smith’s “THE NO. 1 LADIES’ DETECTIVE AGENCY” series of books set in Botswana and featuring Precious Ramotswe -- a character who is just as interesting and quirky as Sister J – though in different ways.
Smith is one of my all time favorite authors. I like all his books. We are both trained philosophers. So when I say Mr. Bell’s character set is similar to Mr. Smith’s I am looking at their quirkiness, intellectual integrity, and the abundant foundation each author provides to make their rather unbelievable character-set seem as real at the earth beneath them. There is also a universality to each character which would make them understandable throughout the world. I think Sister J would be loved and well understood in Japan.
5. In this book, #2 of the ‘Force of Habit’ series, the ground is prepared to launch a series of full length novels. Perhaps two or three more novellas could produce a few more strong secondary characters to create a universe of players that would give the great Alexander Mccall Smith a run for his money! (At least with his detective series.)
The story: Sister J has more troubles with her superiors; she kicks even bigger, badder, butts; and she faces ever greater danger.Read more ›
Don't get too serious about it, because Sister Justitia quickly solves this issue by listening to her call, and doing what needs to be done. During the process she always offers the Light for the sinners, so they can repent and turn to God. It's not her fault that they don't grab the opportunity.
This is a short and enjoyable read with fine humour.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I quiet liked this book, had some funny parts in it as well, enjoyable readingPublished 4 months ago by Lynne Clark
IT WAS GOOD AND EXCITING. A NUN AS A CRIME FIGHTER YOU DON'T SEE VERY OFTEN.Published 7 months ago by MAC
good reading. would have liked it a bit longer, but suppose have to get the next book in the series.Published 9 months ago by Mariaan du Plessis
Love all of Bell's books. Good clean fun. No sex, no bad language, good writing, easy reading. Some nun-fu, but only aimed at those who deserve the sister's chops.Published 9 months ago by Oregon
She's back and as lovable as ever. My head plays "How Do We Solve a Problem Like Maria" when I read these Force of Habit books. Wonderful! Read morePublished 15 months ago by Joyce Erfert
Sister Justicia is kicking butt and taking names! She knows how to clean up L.A. But good! This 2nd book in Bell's Force of Habit series is highly recommended for some justice with... Read morePublished 21 months ago by Marcia Richards
This entire series has me drooling for the next novel. If you like light and humorous, the Force of Habit series is for you. Well done. Another terrific Bell novel.Published 23 months ago by Linda Glaz
This is a most entertaining book. A quick read, but just a hoot!! I am looking forward to the next Sister J, which I will began now.Published on February 2, 2014 by Nell Moses
A fan of the first book I fell in love with this shirt kicking nun! This book left me wanting more. I hope Bell doesn't take to long with the next saga of Sister J.Published on August 2, 2013 by W. Wiedman
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Urban Life
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Vigilante Justice
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime Fiction > Vigilante Justice