Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: U.S. Armed Forces Nuclear, Biological And Chemical Survival Manual
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

62%
38%

on April 5, 2003
Finally, a survival guide I can use. I live in New York. I have spent hours on the internet trying to find basic information that would be useful to me and my family to try to begin to prepare for a terrorist incident. Frustrating! I heard Couch being interviewed last week and decided to try his book. It answered dozens of my questions and every member of my family will read it. Thanks!
on April 10, 2003
I would have given this five stars if it were longer. It gave me essential information and made me realize how much we don't know about these deadly weapons. I've already made copies to the checklists for my home and my school classroom. We take this very seriously in Dallas and I hope that Captain Couch is already working on the sequel.
on April 15, 2003
Captain Couch has provided an invaluable service. I have been to numerous web sites and have not found anything useful or user-friendly. This guide does it. The other parts of the book are interesting, but if you read nothing else, read and heed these checklists from the experts!
on April 23, 2003
We live outside of Boston and have two college-age kids. They both now have a book and we do too. After hearing Dick Couch talk about this book it finely dawned on me how vulnerable we are. I don't think that it is an "if" but a "when" regarding a terrorist attack in the U.S, but I want my family protected.
on April 19, 2003
I served in the Gulf War in 1991, and I've watched this conflict with great interest. Couch knows what he is talking about. We are in danger. If you want to know how to cope with it you need to read this book.
on November 11, 2003
I live in a community with some reserve soliders and several national guard troops. It's a tight knit community and we all share a lot. I applaud the courage of my military neighbors, many who have been called up and two of whom are in the Iraq now. We we're discussing some of the hazards they face one day and the conversation turned to weapons of mass destruction and my army reserve neighbor told me about all of the training he gets in this area - and it sounds incredibly extensive. I asked him if he ever worries about WMD and he said "no, not with the training I've had." That got me thinking. I had no training. I searched around and found this book and showed it to another neighbor who is in the national guard. He said "looks just like the manuals we use to train." This is now an indispensible book for me and my family. Why the government doesn't provide these to the rest of us is beyond me.
on May 5, 2003
If this book were longer it would probably be a best-seller. Captain Couch has taken practical guidance and boiled it down to just the essentials.
on June 25, 2003
Short and sweet...this answers the mail for me...have been looking for something like this for months.
on August 7, 2003
As parents of three college age students and college professors ourselves we have been looking for a survival guide that would hold our young adult's interest. This one did it. It's not 'light' reading, although the fact that the author has many novels to his credit comes through in the writing. We would give it five stars if it were more comprehensive, but it's the best we've found out there yet.
on June 14, 2003
I have to admit to being frustrated. I am on our major's committee to upgrade our disaster preparedness - and I had to buy this book. It was worth it - but what is our Federal government doing for municipalities?