4.0 out of 5 stars Forearm forklift helped in a jam
Published on June 27, 2003 by W. Stevens

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not great
The forearm forklifts work very well for lifting heavy things (washers, dryers, couches, etc) on flat surfaces. When you try to go up stairs, the person on the bottom has an easy job, and the person going up at the top should probably have arms like Rocky. For going up stairs with LARGE objects, I actually have a product called "Shoulder Dolly".

Forearm...
Published on June 5, 2007 by Taylor Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not great, June 5, 2007

Forearm Forklifts are quicker for flat surfaces, but for going up stairs, you need something that goes over your shoulders.

4.0 out of 5 stars Forearm forklift helped in a jam, June 27, 2003
W. Stevens (Brick, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
Not to long ago I moved into a new home. I used the forearm forklift many times. I found it was ideal for moving big items, for example my 65" projection tv, which weighs roughly 350lbs. Without the forearm forklift it took 4 men to move, with the forearm forklift it took 2! The only downside to this product is using it to go up or downstairs with big items. It is not easy almost scary, I found it to be safer to not use the straps then pick them up after the steps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lived up to the hype - cool product., October 31, 2005
TimInChicago (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
I try to filter out the hype that sometimes ends up in reviews on this site - but the reviews on this product seemed to have a bit of truth to them so I ordered them. I am very impressed; these really do help out.

One of the biggest challenges I often have when working around the house is moving large items by myself. My wife is always willing to try and help but her will is sometimes larger than her muscles.

Now, these make it much easier for us. Last weekend, we used these to move a washer and dryer from one end of the basement to the other. No problem at all. Before using these, I would have struggled to get this done but these straps made it very easy for her to help me and we got the job done quickly and probably much more safely. It was so easy I was almost laughing.

Enough said... these lived up the hype. I'm very glad to own them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bait and switch -- BUYER BEWARE!, September 29, 2011
Length:: 1:47 Mins

I ordered these directly from amazon.com using amazon prime on the basis of the description, which was for 3 inch wide lifting straps.

What I got in the mail (I also uploaded two images showing this) were a pair of TWO inch lifting straps.

I am sending this back to amazon. I went to my local hardware store today and found an "as seen on TV" product with the EXACT same name ("Above All Forearm Forklift Lifting Straps") but with the dimensions listed here on the page and implied in the product video.

It looks like one of Amazon's suppliers is supplying a knock-off or inferior product to them.

What's surprising is that other reviewers have already informed amazon of this, yet the product continues to be sold here. I hope the pictures and video I've uploaded will convince amazon to fix the problem with their inventory. The reason I am such a loyal customer (12 years now!!!!) to amazon.com is their exceptional customer service!

Amazon needs to properly describe this product or stop selling it!

Watch my video and you can clearly see the differences in what I got from amazon.com in the mail and what the product should look like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Received both real and fake Forearm Forklifts, August 14, 2013
This review is from: Forearm Forklift Lifting and Moving Straps, Orange, Model L74995CN (Tools & Home Improvement)
Length:: 2:55 Mins

I purchased two sets of Forearm Forklifts for an upcoming move. Because of the negative reviews complaining of fake product, I made sure to order "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" so I would receive the real Forearm Forklifts. Anyway, as you can see, for some reason the fulfillment center sent me one real and one fake set of straps. (Like I wouldn't notice?)

If you order Forearm Forklifts from Amazon, even if it is "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" and not a reseller, please check that it matches the specifications on the website (and in the video). Errors can be made when they fulfill and ship.

To Amazon's credit, they provided me a return shipping label to return the fake Forearm Forklifts with free shipping, and they are sending me another real set overnight.

I gave the product 5 stars because the real product is very well made and works great.

An Amazon.com official commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware - The pictures and video is not accurate, September 11, 2011
In my life I have probably written under 5 reviews. I feel I need to write one for this product because I feel they are deceiving their audience. I originally saw these at a big hardware store with the initials of HD. I thought they were really cool so I came here to Amazon and noticed they were $10 cheaper. What I discovered was that this $10 reduction in price was because the quality is HUGELY sub par to the product at HD. Let me explain...

What you see in the pictures and video are 3" width nice and thick nylon straps. What you will actually receive is 2" very flimsy nylon straps. I cannot even accurately describe how much of a quality difference there is between these 2 products. I have not used the 2" straps but I have to imagine they will dig in your arms much more so than the 3" version. This is especially true when it comes to lifting heavy objects. Even the box that the 2" straps come in have pictures of the 3" straps with the upgraded nylon. Why would they try to deceive their customers like this? Most importantly I wonder if Amazon knows what they are doing? If customers don't see these at their local retailer than they just don't know what they are missing and most likely won't complain.

I do ask myself is it deceiving that Amazon has the picture of 3" straps yet has an accurate description of 2" straps? I say "yes" because this product is also offered in stores and I think many of us come to Amazon looking for the same product with a better value. In this case the same product at the store is pictured and, since I didn't do any measuring, I didn't realize this was a quality stripped product.

So I say "buyer beware". I do plan to return this product and letting Amazon know there is a discrepancy between the pictured product and the description they showing.

stem
An Amazon.com official commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Sep 12, 2011 10:33:18 PM PDT
The Above All Forearm Forklift Lifting and Moving Straps that are direct from the manufacturer are packaged in either a brown reshipper box with a card insert or in a plastic clam shell. We have come across knock off product packed in a box with images from the manufacturer's website. Even though the box may look real, the item inside is not the original Above All. If you received an item that does not match the detail page description, it may not be the original product and you should contact the seller of record.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well over-ground; Didn't work with stairs., November 11, 2007
I am quite suspicious of these 'As Seen on TV' type items. However, after finding some good reviews on this site and others and the desperate need for a miracle to get heavy furniture and boxes from a ground floor to a second floor unit (no elevators), I decided to purchase these through Amazon.

***What it does well:***
I have to say that after some test runs before the move, I was really impressed with how much easier carrying heavy items was. Please note that I have weak and noodley arms so this was truly amazing. Getting items from the apartment to the truck and generally carrying items over-ground (no stairs/large steps up or down) was much much easier and saved a lot of back strain.

***Tips on using it:***
You do have to make sure that the strap is all the way up your forearm by your elbow and that your hands are up against the item for it to work properly. You may also need to switch which arm holes you are using depending on the size of the item and your height (and the height of the second carrier). Do a couple test lifts before you commit to going the full distance to make sure you're all adjusted. These are designed to be used by two-lifters working together; don't expect to be able to use these solo.

***What it didn't do well:***
We could not figure out how to get this to work on stairs at all. This was my major fear in purchasing it and ultimately we could not get them to work for this task. This does work with less-steep stairs and ramps but not steeper stairs such as those between building floors.

***Overall:***
I am very happy with how much the straps helped us move furniture over ground when they did not fit on a dolly. This did save a lot of energy and pain over manually carrying the items. However, I was disappointed with the product's inability to assist with stairs which were the major concern with the move. Due to it's dependable but limited functionality, I've rated the Forearm Forklift Lifting Straps as 'Average' at three stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Knock-Off (Don't Purchase), October 15, 2012
Well, I went and ordered these straps without reading the reviews first. This was mainly because I had used the "real" straps in the past when helping a neighbor move. Unfortunately, when these arrived, I immediately realized I had been duped. Of course, I went back and read the reviews only to find out that many other people have had the same discovery.

If you really want to see, or purchase, the real deal, go down to Home Depot or Target. There you'll find that the real ones wider, heavier and are packaged in clear plastic. They only cost a few dollars more, and are definitely worth it.

I wouldn't recommend using the pair offered here to lift more than 30 lbs. They're flimsy, light and hardly fit around your arm.

FYI: I have returned these straps to Amazon without any issues.

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY DISSAPOINTED AT THIS KNOCK OFF, March 22, 2010
I purchased this product a couple weeks back and when I received it I was reallyyyy dissapointed at these straps. These are not the original ones I received as a gift a couple years back, these straps are really thin and short, the sewing on them it's terrible I don't feel comfortable using them , I plan on returning them , I can't believe there are knock offs of this product, never the less such a terrible knock off, I do not recommend them, they are NOT the original ones , don't waste your money on them, search around for the originals it'll be worth it on the long run

1.0 out of 5 stars IT TORE APART IMMEDIATELY, September 8, 2012
Greg Powers (Houston, Texas) - See all my reviews
Good idea but very badly made. The first time I used it was for a 60 lb. bookcase. As soon as we lifted it the strap tore where it was folded over and sown to itself. Apparently the sowing thread was not strong enough to hold the strap together. The bookcase went crashing to the ground denting a corner of it. This thing is worthless. Save your money.