Foreigner "No End In Sight/Best Of" CD - are these the full-length songs or the shorter, single versions?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 5, 2009 10:01:42 PM PDT
bass boy says:
There's confusion on whether the songs here on "No End in Sight: The Very Best Of" are shorter (the single versions) than the original LP and CD versions. Please help. I'm looking for a Foreigner compilation CD that has the full-length (LP) versions of songs. I've heard "Complete Greatest Hits" has the shorter versions. What about this CD? Which Foreigner CD has the longer versions of their hits? Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2009 5:43:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2009 2:14:46 PM PDT
TKW says:
Not sure about this album. I own every Foreigner album with this one exception. I've downloaded the new song. However the "Complete Greatest Hits" are the full length versions. Whoever gave you that information was incorrect. The only compilation album Foreigner has made that had a different version of a song was on the album "Records". Long, Long Way from Home" was different than the original album version. "Dirty White Boy" fades out instead of just ending. I would most likely believe you're okay with this compilation. If you don't want to take a chance get the "Complete Greatest Hits".
bass boy, it appears i was wrong. "Hot Blooded is an edited version on CGHits. No End in Sight has 2 edited versions of songs. "I don't want to live without you" and "Reaction to Action". Sorry for the bad info.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2009 7:55:49 PM PDT
bass boy says:
Thanks. I've read reviews on here at amazon.com that say "Complete Greatest Hits," "Definitive Collection," "The Very Best of and Beyond" and "No End In Sight" all contain the single (shorter) versions of the songs, and not the full-length (original LP version) tracks.
Thanks.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jun 5, 2009
Latest post:  Jun 7, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
No End in Sight: The Very Best of Foreigner
No End in Sight: The Very Best of Foreigner by Foreigner (Audio CD - 2008)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (223)