4.0 out of 5 stars BlackAmarillo.com Review
After a 3 yr hiatus Donell Jones has released his 6th official release "Forever"

This 12 song project starts off like the vintage Donell Jones which reminds me of his 1996 release "My Heart" and 1999 release "Where I Wanna Be" which are my 2 favorite projects by him.

Published 17 months ago by Tony Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars Was Expecting More
Published 17 months ago by A. Boykin

4.0 out of 5 stars BlackAmarillo.com Review, July 9, 2013
This review is from: Forever [Explicit] (MP3 Music)

6 songs (New Beginning (Intro), Forever, Closer I Get To You, Beautiful, Don't Blame Me & Sorry I Hurt You) are killer R&B tracks but after that the flavor begins to change more club oriented with "You Know", "Ride This" & Step The F--- Off and "I'm So Gone" which has a rock type of feel.

Donell does a dedication to Michael Jackson with "I Miss The King" and to his Mother with "A Mother's Love" which both had to grow on me musically but I can dig the lyrics.

Overall "Forever" is not a bad project but only if the latter half was as good as the first half this could have been close to a masterpiece but it's still a nice listening project and way better than what's being played on mainstream radio that's for sure.

"Forever" is nice edition to have in your collection if you're a Donell Jones fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars Donell Jones keeps it going on "Forever", July 14, 2013
This review is from: Forever (Audio CD)
Singer, songwriter and producer Donell Jones has been a fixture on the music scene for almost 20 years. He got his start writing songs for Usher, Jade and 702 after the dissolution of his group Porche. He signed a recording contract with LaFace Records, where he would release two albums for the label. He started things off with his 1996 debut "My Heart" followed by his most successful album to date- 1999's "Where I Wanna Be". When LaFace co-founder Antonio "L.A." Reid was appointed head of Arista Records, Donell was one of the artists he took with him. It was there where Donell would release his lone album for Arista "Life Goes On". Corporate shake-ups within Arista would eventually have the label fold and he was reassigned to Jive Records where he would release his best, but poorly underpromoted effort "Journey Of A Gemini". After his decade long stint with major labels, Donell Jones would eventually go independent. He signed with eOne Music for his first release for the label, 2010's "Lyrics". After a three year hiatus, he returned with his sixth album "Forever".

Donell wrote and produced the entire album himself. This is the first album he recorded to receive a Parental Advisory sticker, though the profanity is rather minimal. He starts the album off with the brief "New Beginning", which leads into the title track "Forever". On the song "Closer I Get To You", he gets assistance from newcomer Alja Kamillion. The ballad "Beautiful" shows him being in love with a woman for something other than her looks despite her being extremely attractive. He reflects on his journey to maturity on "Don't Blame Me", while trying to escape his reputation of being a skirt chaser on "You Know". He apologizes for hurting his significant other on "Sorry I Hurt You", while being infatuated with a woman on the rock infused "I'm So Gone". On the song "Step The F*** Off", Donell tries to cut ties with a woman who sleeps around despite being married. He closes the album with a dedication to his mother on the song "A Mother's Love". However, the album's best song is the dedication to the late singer Michael Jackson "I Miss The King", which honored the fourth anniversary of his passing. Donell Jones' "Forever" is another worthy addition to his catalogue. After almost two decades in the music industry, Donell maintains a level of consistency with his career.

5.0 out of 5 stars Donnel jones welcome back, July 19, 2013
This review is from: Forever (Audio CD)
I must say Donnell delivers that smooth R&B flavor and this record definitely matches the grown and sexy flavor we've come accustomed too listening to Mr. Jones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Donell Forever, August 15, 2013
This review is from: Forever (Audio CD)
OMG!!!....This cd is incredible.....vintage Donell....from beginning to end....he is just like a fine wine...gets better with time....and for him that's saying something....♡♥♡♥♡♥

3.0 out of 5 stars Was Expecting More, July 9, 2013
This review is from: Forever (Audio CD)
I love me some Donell, have probably all but two (maybe three) of his album releases. The Forever CD for me is middle of the road. The first several tracks are reminiscent of classic Donell (My Heart & Where I wanna Be) but by track five, that vibe is lost all together. I am not feeling the Michael Jackson tribute though I get what he was trying to do. Maybe my expectation was set too high and that s what's keeping me from swooning over this release.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Music!, August 11, 2013
This review is from: Forever (Audio CD)
I've been a Donell Jones fan forever and this album just adds to his genius as an artist / producer!

5.0 out of 5 stars He's back with a decent album, August 13, 2013
This review is from: Forever (Audio CD)
Very happy with this purchase some songs toook a minute to get into but once you were there it was quite a nice journey

4.0 out of 5 stars Great music., August 5, 2013
This review is from: Forever [Explicit] (MP3 Music)
I believe when you are in a moment and time where tou need to relax its music like this that can help get you into your own zone!!! very nice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sincere, August 2, 2013
This review is from: Forever (Audio CD)
Out of 12 songs 6 are very good, i am really enjoying this CD. I am a Donell Jones Fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Donell Jones, July 28, 2013
This review is from: Forever (Audio CD)
This is once again an exceptional CD from Donell jones. He has a golden voice that makes me forget all of my worries. It was delivered in the condition promised. I am totally impressed and would gladly purchase again.

Sincerely,

KT

Forever
Forever by Donell Jones (Audio CD - 2013)
Click for more info
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.