Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Forever
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$5.99

on February 13, 2016
I love this CD...So great and was as described. Thank you very much
on August 20, 2015
Different type of music to their normal stuff, loved it when it first came out and still loving it now
on August 3, 2015
love it i have two songs on my Ipod holler and let love lead the way recommended this album if you are a die hard spice girls fan.
on August 1, 2015
Love the Spice Girls forever!!!
on April 15, 2015
Definitely a more mature side of the Spice Girls! Another great album by them nonetheless if you don't already have their first two albums (and this) then get them NOW! If not your missing out on great memories & great 90s music haha ;p Oh & this is the album after Geri/Ginger Spice left (and their last album ever) but that does not mean it isn't just as good TRUST me! They are still really good with or w/o Geri! 5/5 stars for the Spice Girls! I wish they would release a box set w/ all 3 albums & all the bonus songs that were on the CD singles they released in the 90s. If they did that then I would defiantly buy it I don't care if I already have all the albums or not! I need something new from the spice girls! T_T BUT maybe they will in 2016 or 2017 since that is there 20 year anniversary technically! :D I'm hoping it'll be in 2016 since that's closer lol but we will see if they even do anything like that period. Sorry for the long review I just got a lil excited ;-p
on March 29, 2015
on March 13, 2015
Perfection
When Geri Halliwell departed the group in 1999? I thought along with a lot of other people that was the end of the Spice Girls. By many others,they were perceived as something of a pre fab five teen group. Yet they became a huge musical phenomenon was "Spicemania" becoming a very real and genuine thing. Honestly? I've always loved their music. Very much in the area of getting into the club groove with the 70's funk and disco vibe with a lot of melody and very democratic vocal trade offs. As a quartet,the group got together with Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins,than a major contemporary R&B producer working with Brandy and Michael Jackson and the 80's stalwarts Jam & Lewis for what would end up being their grand finale...thus far.

"Holler" is a classic Jerkins 2-step soul/dance number with those skipping digital rhythmic breaks he was so known for and picked out as the first hit with "Right Back At 'Ya" right in the same vein. "Tell Me Why" has a funkier rhythm with an almost stride like orchestral digital piano leading as the bass line. "Let Love Lead The Way","Time Goes By","Weekend Love" and the Jam/Lewis produced "Oxygen" are all melodically and orchestrally spacious pop/gospel-soul ballads with a modern day spin on the London style Northern soul ballads of the late 60's. The bouncing rhythm of "Get Down With Me" and the more electronically toned "Wasting My Time" both come to terms with jumping funky pop numbers with strong disco era references. Jam & Lewis put out a strong slap bass led boogie funk flavor into the jamming "If You Wanna Have Some Fun".
"Goodbye" ends the album with another gospel inflected Jerkin's ballad with the quartet literally singing everyone goodbye in unison.

First thing that had to be said for this album is that each of the band members wrote these songs together under Jerkin's and Jam & Lewis's guidance. That instantly upped the ante on the thoroughly musical atmosphere by presenting 11 Spice Girls songs with a decidedly more adult focus on love,lust,loneliness,forgiveness and acceptance of loss. Even when they are having some funky fun (which they have a strong love and talent for),the feeling retains more sultriness than chirpy youthfulness. A part of that might be the choice to bring up Melanie Chisholm,the Spice Girls deepest voice whose mild huskiness made her ideal for more soulful material,up as the lead voice on a lot of these songs. The four remaining Spice Girls split up after this album to do solo projects. Yet even if the last 8 years talk of a Spice Girls reunion doesn't materialize? I wouldn't be too displeased if this went down as their final album.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 15, 2014
The song Goodbye got me to buy this album. I accidentally ran into the song while looking for another. I already liked these girls for I owned the Spice World soundtrack. These girls can sing their butts off!!
on May 1, 2014
You know, it's very different from their first 2 albums. Different is not bad. It is rife full of that early 2000's r&b pop feel. I enjoyed the album, and I think there are some treasures on it for sure. A couple of things to consider.
1. Mel B. should not rap, ever. "through and through, through and through to the limit"? No. No no.
2. Some of the vocals put out by Mel C. on this album shatter anything else I have heard her do, and the whole purchase is worth it just for that.
Anyways....how much can you really critique a pop album from 2000? Just enjoy it.