5.0 out of 5 stars so far so good
Published on March 19, 2011 by fruitcake

It seemed too good to be true, 3 golf umbrellas for around $25 (~$8.34/each) but with almost every umbrella I own basically in shambles after over 10 years of abuse I figured it was time for some new ones. Included is a Navy, Black, and Black n' White umbrella.

Published on October 22, 2011 by Jason Ralsky

5.0 out of 5 stars so far so good, March 19, 2011
This review is from: Forgan 60-Inch Double Canopy (3 Pack of New Golf Umbrellas) (Sports)
At first I couldn't believe that three umbrellas came at a low price of $19. For $25 (including shipping), this is not a bad deal! The umbrellas came two days after I placed the order, much earlier than expected arrival. My husband and I appreciated the swift delivery because it's been raining in SFO and we're expecting more of this wet weather in the days to come. Kudos!

The umbrellas are tall and light. My husband can cover me and my baby with no problem. We have yet to see how these will hold up in the long run, but for the time being, this is a great purchase!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Canopy(Golf) Umbrellas at a Bargin Price... But Watch Out for Advertising!, October 22, 2011
Jason Ralsky (New Jersey, USA) - See all my reviews

For the price you end up paying per umbrella, I was impressed with the quality. The umbrella shaft itself is made of fiber-glass and is very rigid, while the frame itself(under the cloth) is made of nylon with a fiber-glass finish. The only real negative I have about the actual design is in relation to the lock mechanism for the umbrella. It is the weakest part of the umbrella, in my opinion, with the lock controlled only by a simple flimsy button that says "push". It feels very cheap and probably will be the first thing to go on the umbrella, but of course you can still manually open the umbrella. When unlocked, the umbrella will automatically open at a casual speed. It doesn't just explode open like some of the umbrellas I have owned in the past, it feels much more controlled.

As for the umbrella cloth itself, it seems pretty sturdy and won't rip during mild winds. The double canopy design seems very helpful and constructed well, holding up just fine during a windy day by my house. The umbrella itself keeps itself in check by having two Velcro straps which do a fine job at keeping the umbrella secure. Of course once you open the umbrella you will see a small eye sore that is *advertisement*. Every umbrella (as per the product description) does indeed have a Forgan of St. Andrews logo on it. It isn't as bad as one might think though.

- Best way to describe it would be to look at the 3 pack image provided by Amazon. The Umbrellas are broken into 8 sections (like a Pizza Pie). The logo will be on ONE section of the umbrealla, on the bottom section of the fabric.

While there is a logo there, I don't find it all that bothersome in the end. It doesn't take up that much space, nor is it noticeable to you when using the umbrella. However, it still feels like unwanted advertising that turns you into a walking billboard. If you want to advertise for something I have to buy, engrave it into the shaft, or attach a nice faux-leather tag to the handle... but don't turn me into a billboard.

OVERALL I would say all 3 umbrellas are good quality pieces. They are built to withstand a little abuse and some nasty gusts, but also provide ease of use and comfort. For the price you pay (was $24 at time of purchase for me) you end up with some very good umbrellas at a very good price. If you need a set of wide umbrellas to stay dry, then the Forgan Double-Canopy umbrellas won't let you down. The only real negatives here is my distrust for the lock-release mechanism and of course, the unwanted advertising.

With that said, in the end...I sadly have to give this product 3 stars
4 stars since the product works as advertised...BUT it also gets 1 star for the tacky advertising. It makes the umbrellas seem like a promotional / marketing item rather than a retail purchase.

For those who do not care too much about the advertisement(like myself), it is a worthwhile purchase. If you do care about the advertisement, AVOID.

1.0 out of 5 stars Run away, April 2, 2012
OK - these looked like a good deal, and the "latest in wind resistant weather protection... canopy design to prevent inverting in high winds" seemed like a great idea. They arrived and appear to be of fairly high quality for the price. At that point, I would have reated them a 4 or 5.

A few weeks later, I had the opportunity to use one. I got out of the car and a slight breeze - not anything to be considered 'wind' - came along and WOW. After 30 seconds my new umbrella was literally in pieces and I was getting soaked. Thankfully, I was not too far from the car and got my trusty 15 year old Totes collapsable umbrella out of the trunk and went on my way. I wasted my money on these "Forgan" Umbrellas (I was calling them something close... sounds like 'Forgan' but not quite) - I won't trust the other 2 in the rain.

TOTAL JUNK - RUN AWAY.

1.0 out of 5 stars No good in wind, July 17, 2011
Used mine for golfing. DId not stand up to the lightest of breezes. Spoke holder thread broke, spoke ends popped out of umbrella ends and support rods snapped. one down 2 to go.

1.0 out of 5 stars bad, May 29, 2012
One of the umbrella broke the second time I used it.One of the support broke. Very disappointing. I bought them to use them when watching soccer games, to protect from the sun, and rain.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, November 9, 2011
I thought this was a good bargain. However, all 3 umbrellas have broken. The brackets at the top of each umbrella were very weak. These are not good quality is umbrellas. While letting one down one of the broken brackets stab me in the hand. Now I have to buy new umbrellas, what a waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kinda like pictured . . ., December 23, 2011
First off, shipping was incredibly fast. I ordered on 12/20 and my package arrived on 12/23. Excellent.

The umbrellas themselves are excellent. They seem to be very quality and I know they are not going to fall apart quickly like something you would get from a Wal-type-store.

Having said that, the products pictured are not what you get. Yes, the colors are correct, however there is a logo. Many people have complained about the logo, but I don't think its anything to complain about.

The dimensions of the logo are as follows:

The Logo:

Logo Length:
11.5 inches

Logo placement:
One panel

Approximate dimensions of the umbrellas:

8 Panels
Each panel is about 19.5 inches in length at the base and about 27 inches from the base to the center of the umbrella.

What does this mean? The logo is small compared to the rest of the umbrella. It's like the guy riding a horse on your polo shirt.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad quality shaft, September 28, 2012
This looked like a pretty good deal, 3 golf-style umbrellas for less than $30 is unbeatable. But I guess that I will end up paying more because of the poor quality. One of the umbrellas already arrived with a crack on the carbon fiber shaft. It didin't matter to me because I'd still had 2 more. But one of the other 2 broke in the exact same spot after using it just once. I still have one more left that I'm afraid to use because I don't want it to break too soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excited for my umbrella, October 10, 2011
Amanda Snyder (Trabuco Canyon, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I ordered this umbrella after a particularly rainy couple of days. I work at a school and I needed an umbrella big enough to fit me and a couple of kids. This umbrella is large enough to do that. Plus it was a great value. I am able to keep one in my classroom, one in my car, and one at my house.

It is easy to open and close. A child can easily manipulate the button. I was a little concerned about the logo, that I read about in some of the reviews. It does have a logo on one side, it is about 2"x10" and says "Forgan St. Andrews."

Overall, it seems like a great umbrella and I can't wait to use it!

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY, June 24, 2013
Too good to be true, the umbrellas arrived timely but 2 of the 3 were broken.
The packing box was just fine.
They went in the box broken.
The closure locks were broken on 2.
Several of the tines were broken on 1.
Also, there were 2 blue but no black.

ARRAY(0x9c629a50)