5.0 out of 5 stars you won't forget this book!
I had promised myself a book as a reward for a stressful week and spent a lunch time meandering around the UPenn bookstore... 'Forget About It' caught my eye (great marketing - it's bright green & pops out at you) - I picked it up, merely read that it was by the author of 'Stupid and Contagious' and jetted to the register without even reading the blurb on the back...
Published on September 17, 2007 by just jess

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't you forget about me...
Published on November 15, 2011 by Leah Graham

5.0 out of 5 stars you won't forget this book!, September 17, 2007
just jess (Philadelphia, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Forget About It (Paperback)

firstly - I hate the term 'chick lit'... because there are some books that fall into that genre that are written by incredibly smart & funny & articulate women, and I feel like 'chick lit' implies something else.

but never mind - whatever the genre, I loved Caprice's first book... and I loved this one, which though I struggled to make it last - I was sucked into and read in three days. For me - that's the sign of a good book. If I'm still trying to read it after a week - it's not because it's long, it's because I'm bored!

We all know this heroine, in some form. My roommate is a Jordan - smart and caring, and more often than I'd like to witness - a pushover. I have informed her that she is reading the book next and she has conceded. (see?) In this case - it'll be a good thing.

Yay, Caprice, you rock!! I want another one :) and I want to meet Todd...

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't you forget about me..., November 15, 2011
This review is from: Forget About It (Paperback)
The first thing I want to say is that Forget About It is an inspired plot. Yes it's similar to the Kinsella novel Remember Me? along with the Cecelia-Ahern-part-created TV show Samantha Who? but it's different because Jordan chooses amnesia. It's not forced upon her, she chooses to do it in a bid to change her life. Personally I think it's a brilliant idea for a novel and I thought Crane executed it well for the most part. It wasn't entirely what I expected, the faux-amnesia wasn't what I expected it to be, and there's an even bigger plot-changer about 100-120 pages before the end of the novel. It does become a bit of a soap opera during those last pages, with some OMG moments and moments where I wanted to strangle Jordan merely because she wasn't aware of the real truth about all of these people around her.

I must say, the book wasn't as funny as I expected it to be either. Yes, I did laugh out loud a few times but I was expecting a laugh a minute. I follow Caprice on Twitter and she's hilarious, so I kind of expected Forget About It to follow that. I also found some of the relationships during the novel to be lacking. The relationship between Jordan and Todd was very real to me, and Crane set it up wonderfully, with a brilliant confession-type scene early-ish on in the novel but that never panned out. At all. It was almost as if we were all set up to believe it was going to happen and I was mightily disappointed we didn't get any sort of closure on the issue. Don't get me wrong, I love it when an author throws us a curveball and gives us an unexpected ending, but when I get my hopes up for a couple and it doesn't pan out, it sucks. I liked Travis as much as the next guy but I was invested in Jordan and Todd as a couple.

One thing Crane really excels at is making us love her characters. I loved Jordan. I get that what she does is nuts and a bit deceitful, but I lapped it up. Most of the people she fakes to deserve it anyway - her mother and sister and Dirk her horrible boyfriend along with her work colleagues - so it made it very easy for me to accept Jordan doing that. I didn't think it was immoral or anything, in fact I was willing her own to fool them all, that's how horrible most of the people around Jordan were. Cat and Todd, Jordan's best friends were amazing. I've already professed my love for Todd above, but Cat was amazing and I'd have loved to have seen more of her, she was just the best friend you could ever ask for. Like I've said, Jordan's family weren't exactly anything to be proud of, her sister is cruel, her mother barely cares and the only member of Jordan's family I liked was her step-dad Walter. Dirk was just plain old horrible, the less said about him the better. As for Travis, I liked him, I really did. Just, you know, not as much as I liked Todd.

The entire book was told from Jordan's point-of-view, which works perfectly for Forget About It. For the most part I loved the book, I really did. It started well, the plot was inspiring and I loved Jordan and her friends. I loved how the faux-amnesia allowed Jordan to come into her own and be the boss for a change. But it all disintegrated with the big plot twist because although it wasn't Jordan's fault, I was annoyed at her for just blindly following Dirk despite the fact people told her otherwise. It made me quite angtsy in fact and I couldn't wait for her to snap out of it, as I knew she inevitably would. I really wanted to love every page of this novel, and I think my expectations were possibly a little high, all my own fault of course. I would recommend the book because for the most part it's good but I was also let down by parts of it. I still can't get over the Jordan/Todd situation, it's like it was all there, it was all set up, and then nothing. It has not, however, put me off reading the rest of Caprice Crane's novels, I'll definitely be picking up her other books as she definitely has huge talent as an author.

3.0 out of 5 stars Unforgettable yet a tad long!, March 23, 2010
Julie Katepalli (Mechanicsville, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Forget About It (Kindle Edition)
Don't get me wrong by the 3 stars, I enjoyed this book but this was the last book read of Caprice and I do absolutely love her writing style but out of the 3, this was my least favorite.

Jordan really does need a chance to "do-over" and fakes amnesia to get that chance. What made me not "love" the book was the fact that she did really get amnesia at a point where I wished she would finally get the guy and move on. The booked lingered at that point and really spent too much time on the do-over of the do-over. She also spends WAY WAY WAY too much time focused on Dirk and I couldn't really understand the attraction of Dirk to Jordan's crazy mom and selfish half sister. The lessons that Jordan learned really out-weighed my irritation w/Dirk and the real amnesia and it finished as funny and perfect as Jordan deserved.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, September 27, 2008
This review is from: Forget About It (Paperback)
Few books have made me laugh out loud, and Caprice Crane has written two of them. She writes with such a great voice, at such a fine pace, that while this book stole an entire Saturday from me, I might read it again tomorrow. I appreciate the intelligent story, the clever prose and the character development is fantastic. You'll hate the mother and sister, totally lust after Travis and wish you had friends like Todd and Cat. If you don't laugh out loud at the smelly foot incident, you're not paying attention. I hope she's writing book 3 as I type....!

5.0 out of 5 stars Doormat Gets a Do-Over, February 19, 2009
This review is from: Forget About It (Paperback)
Our poor, idiot heroine basically lets everyone use her as a doormat. She has the cheating boyfriend, the critical parents, the grouchy unappreciative boss, and so on and on and on. It is incredibly funny at times. When she is hurt in an accident, she fakes amnesia for quite a while because she wants people to have sympathy for her and to start their relationship anew on better terms. It is hilarious and entertaining. If you have any doormat tendencies or know a friend who does, you will just love this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unforgettable!, December 19, 2008
This review is from: Forget About It (Paperback)
Loved this book! This was one of the most fun reads I've done in a long while. If you want to laugh, read this book. It is not your typical chic lit. The writer, new to me, I thought was great. If I have anything to say at all is that there were too many italicized words, which was kind of distracting. I've never seen so many in my years of reading. But having said that, do not be deterred. This book was wonderful.

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm Sure I'll Forget About It Soon, March 4, 2012
Beverly Diehl (Sherman Oaks, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Forget About It (Kindle Edition)
You can read the summary to see what the storyline is.

I mostly liked the tone, the pace, the New York setting, although I thought the set-up dragged too long. Jordan's got a crappy life because she doesn't stand up for herself, we get it.

I liked Jordan's wit and creativity, and I loved Travis and his lighthouse. What I didn't "get," despite the neglected/emotionally abused childhood, is why a woman with so much going for her would be quite so passive. The bad guys were a little too bad; they needed some redeeming qualities that would have helped explain her ambivalence at blowing them off. And the idea that somebody would be able to fake amnesia well enough to fool not only laypeople but doctors... pretty unbelievable. That she would then get REAL amnesia, AND that she would recover her memory JUST as she was walking down the aisle, about to marry the wrong guy... too many impossible things before breakfast, for me. I *would* read another book by this author, however.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, October 11, 2010
This review is from: Forget About It (Paperback)
I've read another book by this author, and had high hopes for this volume - but was very disappointed. Unbelievable plot lines, an unlikeable central character, and a very slow pace made this book difficult to get through. I would not recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Forget: This is a MUST READ!!!!!, September 18, 2007
This review is from: Forget About It (Paperback)
When I first started reading "forget about it" by Caprice Crane I didn't think I would really be able to relate to the main character, Jordan. I mean, what does a small town southern girl know about living in New York City? Nada! But, gladly, I was sadly mistaken! In Jordan, Ms. Crane has created a character that I think just about any woman can identify with, whether you be a southern hick or slick New Yorker. And it's not just Jordan. "Forget About It" is chock full of hilarious, real, and strangely believable characters, from the lyric singing homeless woman to the super-selfish-bitch sister, the queen-of-criticism-mother, and the super-sexy-totally-creepy-mega-jerk-boyfriend.

Team the great characters with the outrageously inspired storyline and Ms. Cranes unique wittiness and superb storytelling skill and you have an instant hit! I read the book in one sitting; I just couldn't put it down. Not only that, I got so into the book I found myself talking back to it, yelling, "You go girl!" and "Oh, my God!" many times throughout the book while rolling with laughter! If I could only recommend one book this year, it would definitely be "Forget About It"!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Start, Addicting Voice, Annoying Ending, July 10, 2008
This review is from: Forget About It (Paperback)
Ok, I know "annoying" is a little harsh, but that's how I feel. I LOVED this book up until about page 275 or so... The characters were mostly fun (though the "evil boyfriend" was a little TOO awful, it made you wonder why on earth the character was still with him), and the voice was refreshing. When the plot thickened, it really did, and I found myself unable to put the book down!

...Until about 2/3 of the way through. Then, something happens that I think, for me, ruined a great book. The plot just gets to that point of "are you serious?" unbelievableness so much that it takes you out of the story. Not to mention, it makes you want to the give the character a good no-nonsense shake. It's not so much what happens to the character (though that's unrealistic as well), as what she decides to do on page 308 that makes you say "no one would really do that!" I also didn't like how some of the story lines wrapped up (a love triangle resolved by simply stating that one member of it started dating someone else, for example - too easy).

Overall, still not a bad book. 2/3 of it is great! It just left me unsatisfied with the ending.

Forget About It
Forget About It by Caprice Crane (Paperback - August 27, 2007)
$18.00 $16.20