Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Forget
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon March 10, 2012
I see that there were a few people who decided to shell out the twelve dollars (plus tax) to listen to this elusive and beautiful, new British songbird.

Lianne La Havas has beautiful roots. She is half Jamaican and half Greek, and I especially hear her "Greek-ness" in some of the guitar arrangements, here. The two versions of "Forget," featured here, are tender, poignant and kind of detached. I am not sure if it was really the chosen melody or heartbroken lyrics, but, it left me cold. No doubt about it, Lianne's voice is beautiful, smokey and soulful. Her intonation is a little on the muddled side, and production values could have been better, here.

Au Cinema (At the Cinema) is more like it. This is the introspective, haunting and tender sound we have come to expect from her, as seen in her videos on YouTube. She is warm, sensitive, soulful, yet, very controlled. This young woman is wise beyond her years (she is in her early twenties). "Same As Me," unfortunately, does nothing for me, musically. It is forgettable and really mediocre.

I do not regret buying this. Hopefully, the next album will have more cuts - at the price I paid, it really wasn't worth it.
on February 10, 2013
Im so glad that I bought this album! Great songs, Great music. I only wish it had more than 5 songs :)
on December 6, 2012
This is a great but short cd. Unfortunately has most of the same songs as another cd I purchased, however the one or two songs that are different are well worth the cost of this cd.
on June 5, 2013
very nice and smooth sound. I have others cd's by her you can't go wrong. nice and smooth. Godd dinner date music
on December 15, 2012
"Forget" by Lianne La Havas,
most of the songs are on the new album, this reminds me of a demo CD.
on March 7, 2012
Love Lianne La Havas but I was sooo disappointed with this purchase; 5 songs is not worth 12 bucks, no matter how good she is. Do not waste your money.
on February 1, 2016