Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Forks Over Knives: The Plant-Based Way to Health
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 11, 2013
I have a fair number of vegan cookbooks. This I gave to Goodwill after trying the 3rd recipe. I tried 3 different main course recipes-YUK on all of them. I could barely eat them the 1st time, I saved nothing for left-overs and I am not a picky eater. I disagree with the fact that no oil is used also. Our bodies need a certain amount of fat to process the fat-soluable vitamins, and for our skin and hair. Olive oil has been a proven great oil to consume. I wouldn't recommend this book at all. It's a waste of money if you enjoy good vegan food.
on May 22, 2013
I volunteer at my local library and had cataloged books "The Truth about The Food we Eat" It set my mind spinning and my stomach churning...I then heard of Forks over Knives and again realize how important it is to eat 'Healthy"
What I liked the most about this book is ALL the recipes... I pray I have begun on my road to Better Health...Thank you Gene Stone for sharing all the research you did to make this book happen.....
on October 17, 2012
It's not that the information is bad - it's excellent information - but the tone comes across as preachy and the advice is rigid.

They try to scare you to death with information about the evils of processed food, which is not entirely a bad thing. The over-processed foods that compose the American diet are a major cause of obesity and disease. But perhaps they go too far. They even recommend that you give up olive oil because it is "processed" when it is extracted from olives. The scare tactics are all intended to encourage you to try a diet based on a raw vegan organic whole food diet. I have no doubt that that would be healthier than a typical American diet, but is it realistic for most of us? There are no baby steps provided or encouraged - just a lot of scary numbers and the proposed antidote of going all-the-way to veganism.
on March 5, 2013
The premise is that if you use your forks to put plant-based foods in your mouth, you will not get sick and have to go under the knife in surgery. This is a very informative book and I am gradually implementing the diet into my life. The book is based on extensive studies and is written by very credible doctors. There is a companion documentary video available which we have watched and you will be amazed by it. Especially good for people with serious illness or wanting to prevent it.
on December 8, 2013
I read this book because it provided scientific facts. The scientific data does not show the effects of eating fish (except from the fish's standpoint). The 'Good for Animals' chapter was written by a vegan. I have no problem with vegans. But the lack of proof indicates selective science.
on June 5, 2013
This book is very good if you are looking to get into a plant based lifestyle. The only thing this book is lacking is the serving size. It doesn't say how much too eat. It simply says "eat until you're full". I bought this book looking for healthy recipes and to drop weight. Even if something is healthy you can still over eat and cause weight gain so that's a little confusing. Other than that the book has wonderful recipes.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 12, 2013
If we had more plant based eaters in this world we would be able to get out of debt to the giant pharmaceutical companies of this world. We could also put a dent in our national debt to the health industry!
on January 13, 2013
I had already watched the video associated with the book, but found that the book was still worth the read to get the details. Life changing information. Shared with friends who have adopted a new nutritional lifestyle as well. Recipes very helpful to get started in this venture.
on July 7, 2011
I've recently adopted a vegan diet/lifestyle and I'm very excited about Forks Over Knives as well as Dr. Esselstyn's book. The only issue I have is with the typos...really? I don't know if the problem is only with the Kindle version, but I haven't finished the first chapter and I've found 4 already! That's pretty aggravating...somebody needs to get their act together! Still an excellent message, though...I hope it catches on...that's why I give it 5 stars.
on September 17, 2012
I was disappointed in this book. I thought it would be more recipes, but a lot of the material inlcuded was information that was covered in the movie. Additionally, there are some poorly reproduced photos included. I would still recommend the movie, but not the book.