Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 24, 2009 4:47:57 PM PDT
David Dixon says:
Bought the Kindle edition of this book a couple days ago and have noticed a number of formatting errors. Things like a word being divided into two, two words being joined into one and occasionally, repeated word(s). Throughout the book from the beginning to at least chapter 8 (where I've currently read to so far). The book is quite enjoyable even with this errors but their still annoying.

The hard cover version, from Amazon's Look Inside feature, seems fine.

Posted on Oct 24, 2009 6:40:35 PM PDT
David Ho says:
Yes, I encountered the same issues. In addition to the errors that you listed, I found a number of misspellings. The errors do interfere with my reading and my enjoyment of the work (and I think this is a great book).

This is the second book I purchased for the Kindle with such egregious editing. The other book is "Lost City of Z."

It seems to me that some publishers are treating e-books as an afterthought and have not given their titles even a cursory edit.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2009 8:20:26 PM PDT
R. K. Saiki says:
I am also seeing the same problem. I understand from another thread that it is probably the fault of a careless publisher and that complaints to Amazon may result in a corrected edition. If nothing else, we should let the company know we aren't pleased with the quality of the product they are selling.

Posted on Nov 16, 2009 2:37:54 PM PST
C. Becker says:
Too Big to Fail
By the way, the paper version has a section with several pictures of the characters in described in the book in a true documentary style. Unfortunately these pictures didn't seem to be available on the Kindle version. Has anybody else noticed this or was it just my version ?

Posted on Dec 9, 2010 10:39:56 AM PST
G-Montoya says:
Full of formatting errors and typos!!!! We should get a refund! Very poor quality!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2010 10:33:16 AM PST
G-Montoya says:
Yep! All the images are missing. Has anybody got an answer from Amazon? I bought the book 1 year after your comments were posted so obviously they have not done anything about it.

Posted on Dec 25, 2010 6:08:15 PM PST
§tylus says:
I own the Kindle and the paperback version of this book.. Just got the Kindle for Christmas and was only 150 pages into the paperback so decided to purchase the Kindle version of Too Big To Fail and finish it on the reader. Wow, so many typos an words split in two on the Kindle version, mistakes not contained in the paperback. Also the paper back contains a bunch of pictures of the players involved that the Kindle version is missing. This is my first Kindle purchase and I'm really having a hard time justifying buying anymore inferior E-books.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Oct 24, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 25, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Too Big to Fail: Inside the Battle to Save Wall Street
Too Big to Fail: Inside the Battle to Save Wall Street by Andrew Ross Sorkin (Paperback - 2000)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (444)