The phone works exactly as advertised. I needed to set this phone up to work as a VOIP extension at a remote office. I needed it to connect to a Talkswitch 848VS (talkswitch is now owned by Fortinet). When all the settings are correct this device works great.

Published 19 months ago by ADAM, a.k.a. MEL

2.0 out of 5 stars Awesome phone, w/ terrible firmware.
Published 12 months ago by tunahammer

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, but took some effort to get it to link to a remote TFTP server., February 13, 2013
This review is from: Fortinet FortiFone 350i - VoIP phone (Office Product)

The reason I am not giving this device 5 stars is because the directions that came with the phone did not explain how to set up the phone in the manner that I needed. My setup requires that the phone has the static IP address of the phone server typed into the TFTP settings on the phone itself. Previous Talkswitch phones had no trouble with this. However, this phone would not connect when I provided the correct address. Finally, I got onto a computer that was on the same network as the phone (not the phone system) and logged into the phone by typing in the phones local IP address. The phone has a menu structure similar to a wireless router when you log in this way. I found a setting that was telling the phone to reset the TFTP settings every time that the phone was restarted and look for TFTP settings automatically from the phone system. This shouldn't be a problem if the phone is still in the same office as the phone system, but since I was setting this phone up to work in a remote office it caused a couple hours worth of a delay before I figured out the problem. The directions did not alert me to this problem. In fact, there was a section in the directions that explained in detail how to connect to a TFTP server at a remote location, but that section neglected to explain the setting that needed to be changed in the phones config menu.

Anyways, I am not trying to rant, but hopefully this review saves someone else some time if they are in the same situation as me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Awesome phone, w/ terrible firmware., September 5, 2013
This review is from: Fortinet FortiFone 350i - VoIP phone (Office Product)
I am a Fortivoice partner and implement these phones at a couple of businesses. I am very familiar with these phones. That being said, these phones are very nice when they work. However, it is not nice when the firmware breaks it, and makes it not even able to boot. You can reset the firmware through a couple tedious steps (a normal user would find it complicated), but this seems to be an issue with the various Talkswitch/Fortinet models. I wish they could iron this issue out (5-stars would ensue from me).

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent build quality, audio quality, and functionality, August 20, 2013
This review is from: Fortinet FortiFone 350i - VoIP phone (Office Product)
This is a high-quality, well-built phone that works seamlessly with Fortivoice systems. It is a little utilitarian looking in the pictures, but in person it doesn't look out of place on an executive's desk, and the build quality is excellent: it is solid, the buttons feel nice, the screen is nice, etc. Build quality is substantially better than other phones in our office, e.g. Polycom. I think Fortivoice told me these phones are actually made by LG. Audio quality is great and the speakerphone works well.

Fortinet FortiFone 350i - VoIP phone