5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Garage Door Opener and Vera
I used this to as an easy way to include a old garage door opener into a Z-Wave network controlled by a Vera. Installation was straight forward, and it works flawlessly.

Published 21 months ago by Wa Lee

Published 5 months ago by mrreviewer

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Garage Door Opener and Vera, May 6, 2013
Wa Lee (Palo Alto, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FortrezZ MIMOliteUS - Z-Wave Multi-input/output Dry Contact Bridge

There are good instructions on the Fortezz's webpage for the Mimolite that details how to hook it up to the existing garage door wall button. (Basically connect the COM1 and NO1 screw ports in parallel to the existing button wires, then remove Jumper P5.) Inclusion was a breeze as it defaults to include mode if nothing is paired to it. Didn't even have to unplug the vera to pair.

This item only hits the switch to open/close, you need to add another sensor (wired or z-wave) to sense if the door is open and close. In my case, I didn't try the wired sensor input functionality on the Mimo as I didnt have a wired sensor and I had a z-wave door sensor installed already.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent zwave controller for garage door, May 26, 2013
Title says it all - I purchased this device to remotely control my garage door via zwave. Works great and was easy to install. Highly recommended!

It has a jumper which can provide a momentary ON signal to trigger the garage door to open or close.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice, Great tech support, July 24, 2013
I have a simon XTI alarm system which has built in Z-Wave. I used the MIMOlite to control my garage door, it works perfect. Had to contact tech support on Saturday with a question about the momentary contact option. The got back to me the same day. It seems i had not read the instructions. (Which by the way are quite good). I removed the jumper then enrolled the unit again. Works like a charm. I now am able to open/close my garage door from my android phone. You have to add another sensor if you want notification when the door is opened, which i'm going to do asap. Seems solid, comes with a power supply. Very happy with this

5.0 out of 5 stars Great solution for controlling garage door opener., January 12, 2014
I have my Mimolite controlling my garage door opener using my Vera controller. I added a Potter Amseco ODC-59A Overhead Door Switch to provide a wired open/closed sensor. Installation and configuration was pretty straight forward. I set my Mimolite for momentary contact by removing the P5 jumper prior to pairing with Vera. After pairing the device with Vera, I installed the Mimolite and Garage Door apps on my Vera, and everything is working great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect little device!, October 10, 2014
Perfect little contact relay for my garage door. Super simple to connect. When scanning for new zwave devices from my Vera, it was found right away without even pressing the button on the device. I had full control of my garage door within a couple minutes after wiring it up. If you use Vera, be sure to use the garage door app.

5.0 out of 5 stars control my garage door via zwave, December 2, 2014

Jumpers are small but manageable.This is not an issue. I would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Z-Wave Garage Door Opener and Dry Contact Bridge with many uses. Works with Smartthings and Stack Box out of the box., August 30, 2014
I had been looking for a Z-Wave garage door opener and this fit the bill. I purchased this and the Ecolink Z-Wave garage door tilt sensor. I also purchased a 12 to volt DC Power supply as it was not mentioned that one came with it. But it DID come with one so don't make the same mistake I made. It's all wired up with a power supply right out of the box.

This works great with the Smartthings hub (www.smartthings.com) as well as the Stack Box (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1561203377/the-stack-box-a-smart-home-controller?ref=nav_search) and I'm sure it will work well with Vera and other Open Source type home controllers.

I paired the device first before doing the install. It's easier to take the device directly to the hub than taking the hub to the device once installed.

Install was easy. Fortrezz has an easy install guide on their website but you just need to connect a wire to COM1 and a wire to NO1. Then connect the other end to where your push button remote typically would connect. COM1 to Com and NO1 to the other end.

The Smartthings APP itself is not as straight forward as you need to open the garage door. Remember this is a dry contact bridge and not necessarily made to open and close a door... so you must turn it off and then turn it on again to activate the door. Then again you will need to turn it off and on again to stop the door. Same thing to close. Turn it off then back on. I have a feeling Smartthings will build a better application once more people are using it with their garage doors to handle the multiple steps to activate and deactivate the dry contact bridge with multiple commands instead of issuing the commands ourselves thru the App. The Stack Box on Kickstarter will be a lot more App friendly if not more communication friendly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Z-Wave Garage door opener, April 29, 2014
Tim Peters (San Antonio, TX) - See all my reviews
I bought two of these, one each for my two garage doors. They work great, they were easy to install and easy to include in my veralite z-wave controller. If you need them for a momentary switch you remove the jumper.

1.0 out of 5 stars This device cannot reliably sense when the garage door is closed., August 15, 2014
I am using MIMOlite version '10F H' and software version 1.15. Neighbor Status is excellent and 12 are reported. I am using this with Homeseer HS2 and have one association to group 4 per the app note (BTW, the app note mentions group 2 instead of 4 in the third paragraph of the scope section). Additionally, all 5 child devices are reported in Homeseer. I have only wired this to a magnetic switch on the garage door using the (- +) connector block on the MIMOlite. I am not using the switch and thus no wires are connected to NO1, NC1 or COM1. It reliably reports my garage door status when the door is opened, but it does not sense when it is closed. Disconnecting the magnetic sensor from the MIMOlite and using a voltmeter, I measure an open when the garage door is opened and a short when it is closed. I have contacted the manufacturer about this problem, but I received no response from support@fortrezz.com. So, I have initiated a product return with Amazon since this device cannot reliably sense when the garage door is closed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works 50% with WINK, January 24, 2015
For those wondering, it will indeed pair with WINK, however, it only gives you control over the relay, in other words, if you are looking to open a garage door, it will absolutely work, no problem, super easy to do.

However, I bought it because I wanted to know when the dry contact opened and closed so I could use that to trigger robots. There was no easy way of doing it. Their website contains technical info that I am sure if you were more familar with zwave, you could probably manually get it to recognize, however I didn't want to do that.

All in all, I am returning, but if you want to use it to control a garage door, or something else where you are pushing a button, this will do the job.

Good Luck!