Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Forty-Four Book Two (44 series 2)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 19, 2011
I loved 44 book one and was excited to read book 2. It didn't disappoint. At first I wasn't sure if the plot would pick up, but then it did in a big way. I finished this book quickly, and am patiently waiting for the 3rd book of this series. I'm so glad to have found another great author. Jools Sinclair is one of my new favorite authors. I look forward to reading more of her books.
on March 1, 2013
Book one was good and also free. It was so good I bought books two and three but stopped there. Why couldn't I have been warned you had to buy the story a few chapters at a time? Will never fall for that crap again.
on July 14, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed the first book. This one is well written but it is but a chapter in a novel that might have an ending at some point perhaps if you invest in the whole series, which I won't. Even if it is a good story, I like to know in advance that I'm buying an installment in a series.
on June 9, 2012
I read and reviewed Forty-Four (44), Jools Sinclair's first entry in this series, and, when finished, immediately bought Forty-Four Book Two (44). Unfortunately, it took me a while to find time to read it.

Upon nearing the end, even though I could see the cliffhanger looming on the horizon, I was stuck, figuratively hanging by my fingertips. Of course, that forced me to immediately look for Book 3 which is now available. In fact, you can get Forty-Four Box Set, Books 1 - 3 (44).

In the first book, the story ended with Abby forced to accept reality and say farewell to someone dear to her. The villain in the book escaped, leaving Abby and her sister fearful of when he might resurface.

Life doesn't stand still. Now out of high school, Abby is trying to adjust to her new life with her limitations and her unusual "gift." Oddly enough, in view of what happened that changed her, she has become a river rafting guide and even has a boy interested in her. But, she can't forget the boy she loved and lost and looks for him everywhere.

When he reappears to warn her of the danger stalking her, she doesn't heed his advice quickly enough.An old evil resurfaces and likable characters, struggling to get on with their lives, now must struggle for existence. 44 Book Two will appeal to you as much as the first one. I dare you to resist buying the next book!

These books are compelling and create a sense of foreboding that keeps you turning the pages.
on April 22, 2012
Well just when I thought it couldn't get better along came 44 BOOK TWO by Jools Sinclair. I swear folks if you have not read this...you are just out of luck, and btw the first book, 44, was still FREE on Kindle as of the other day. It's a must read and this follow-up is AMAZING. The ending will leave you wanting more and more is in book 3 with 4 coming soon.

Abby knows Jesse died in the accident that she survived after being dead 44 minutes. But, she also knows he was real. He wasn't just a ghost or a figment of her imagination. He was HER Jesse. Now he's gone. Vanished. And Abby wonders if he was ever there at all, yet she knows deep down he was. Now Abby sees ghosts everywhere and one in particular needs her help, but will she be able to help the ghost before it's too late? And what of Nathaniel the man who swore to come back for her and finish his reasearch into why she lived with his miracle drug after being dead 44 minutes? Where is he? What if he returns? Can she escape yet again?

Ohh this book left me wanting more. I have got to get 44 BOOK THREE and fast! Totally awesome series!!!
on December 10, 2014
I realize a lot of other readers give this series a "so so" rating, I loved it. The story picks up properly from the first book which had a tremendously surprising ending, and takes it through a natural progression of how the main character tries to recover from a near fatal case of drowning with all the psychological issues that come from the recovery. Good spooky tale with interesting characters who you don't feel like knocking in the head by the second chapter :-)
on November 14, 2014
I will say, for some people this series would not be for them. The abrupt ending of this novel would piss a lot of people off. Not me though. I already knew I'd be getting the third book, so unless this one was absolutely horrible, the ending wouldn't have bothered me at all.

I sort of have some ideas as to where this story is headed, and it's fun to see if I'm right or wrong as I continue to read. Normally, I would stay clear of stories like this one, but I have been pleasantly surprised. I hope I continue to be.
on May 27, 2012
The first book in this series, simply entitled "44", was one of my most favourite self-published YA books of 2011- I had not a single complaint about it, I thought that it was one of the most unique YA books I had read at the time, that the characters were wonderfully developed, and the pace of the book was impeccable. While I would have been satisfied had it just been a standalone book, as I felt that all of the loose ends were tied and it had one of the best cases of closure I have ever read in a book, I was excited to learn that it was in fact part of a series (and therefore, as you can imagine, when I was offered the chance to read and review this book, the second book in the series, I jumped at the opportunity to do so). However, after having read this book I must admit that I am a tad disappointed with it.

One of my largest complaints about this book is the dialogue, overall I found it to be too formal and as such, at time quite unrealistic (I personally don't know of any teenagers who sound like the ones in this book do) and robotic (I didn't find that there was any emotion behind the dialogue, everything was quite flat).

Another problem I had with the book was the lack of Jesse (he made a very brief appearance twice? in the book), without Jesse I just don't understand the purpose of this book (Okay, I concede, I understand that this book was about how Abby came to terms with the accident, deciphering between reality and fiction, and getting on with her life, but I refuse to accept it as I thought that Jesse was such a loveable, not to mention swoon-worthy, character who brought a certain je ne sais quoi to the novel ;) ). Furthermore, I found that when Abby did make mention of Jesse/ thought about him she was far too whiny/ melodramatic.

That being said, I did enjoy the book overall. I felt that, like the first book, this book had wonderful pacing and I loved the setting of this book. I also enjoyed seeing Abby grow, resuming being the person she had lost along the way. I also didn't mind the cliffhanger ending, it *almost* made up for the lack of emotion in the dialogue as my heart was racing/ had me on the edge of my seat the entire time while reading it.

All in all, despite my criticisms I do highly recommend this series- I think that they will appeal to readers of all ages!
on August 8, 2015
This is a fun series to read. Although the subject matter isn't funny or light hearted, it is definitely a tween to teen series that is only slightly suspenseful for an adult. I'm quite curious to see what will happen next.
on October 29, 2014
The second book develops well from the first.  It is a quick read and I hate it when people say they are downloading the next book in reviews, but I'm saying it again... Book three here I come!!!  The author pulls you into the story from the first page and I can't wait to read what happens next!! Read it and enjoy! Mystical mystery well worth reading!