Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on May 16, 2013
I think the price is a little high, but I built something like this for the camera I used before I got a Foscam and I have a special appreciation for the quality construction. The female connection (to the power cable) isn't super-tight, so I wrapped a piece of electrical tape around it. No biggie.
on December 24, 2015
This 10ft extension cable works great with most foscam cameras (I have the 8910W's and 9831P's).

HOWEVER... understand that you can only add one (1) extension cable to any camera, providing up to 15 feet of length (5 ft power supply + 10 ft extension). You CANNOT chain 2 or more extension cords together. Why? Keeping it very, very simple and without the technical lingo... as you increase distance of any power cord you lose energy output. That includes all extension cords. The longer the cord is, the more you lose.

The camera power supply already steps down the power to 5v, which is about what the camera needs. Add on an 1 extension cable and while you have lost some energy there is still enough for the camera to function normally. Add a second though and it's simply not enough. The camera will turn on and look like it's working initially (even the IR lights will turn red), but you'll soon find that it freezes, drops the internet connection, or gets stuck mid-rotation.

Alternately you can use a regular extension cord to cover some distance and THEN use the camera's power supply with/without extension cable.
on July 12, 2016
What can I say, this does what it is intended to do. No muss, no fuss. Seems well made with nice thickness but still flexible, and works perfectly to allow me to plug in the power adapter for my 8910W farther away from the camera itself. this really should be an accessory included with the camera, since the cable length from the original power adapter is so short, and these cameras are meant to be placed in areas (along the ceiling line) that are typically not that close to an outlet. Oh well, fortunately this cable is inexpensive enought that it is not that big a deal - although I was terribly annnoyed with the original short power cable until I thought to look for an extension.
on June 10, 2016
I have a Foscam FI9831W camera and recently mounted it on the ceiling. The problem is that the outlet is way too far for the camera, so I needed to purchase this extension cord. It works as stated and there are no problems with the camera. I'm giving this 5 stars because I have two Foscam cameras .. if I ever need to move the second one I know what extension cord to purchase.

My personal rating scale:

1 star - I regret my purchase
2 stars - Fair product but I only used it once.
3 stars - Average product that used a few times.
4 stars - Good product that I recommend and use often.
5 stars - Excellent product that I would purchase more than 1 if I could. Definitely recommend to others.
on January 12, 2015
Work exactly as expected. The first one I took straight out of the packaging to mount on the wall, and struggled quite a bit with the wire wanting to hold its shape from the packaging. The second one I have left hanging over a clothes rod to straighten out and un-kink before I attempt to mount it.
on April 2, 2013
using numerous extensions in both black and white and have yet to encounter an issue. The fact that you can safely chain more than one together to achieve the added length you may require for installs is nice.
on March 1, 2014
I have two of these. One on an indoor camera and the other on my outdoor porch camera. No issue whatsoever with the use of these. I had read others say that the extension could cause a voltage drop. This has not been an issue with my PTZ or my WiFi camera.
on June 1, 2015
Overpriced for what it is. And it doesn't fit the FI9821W V2. It will go in partially but the connection to the camera isn't stable enough for the camera to boot properly. The camera will click repeatedly when using this extension.
on April 9, 2014
I needed to extend the power cable to my foscam 8910 so i picked up one of these. it gave me the length I needed to put the camera where i wanted and then use a little cable management to hide this cable. I would recommend this item.
on April 4, 2014
What can I say? It's a power cable extension and it works great with my FI9821W. The cable provided with the camera itself is entirely too short and it's a shame you have to buy a proprietary extension cable to correct that mistake.