Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Foscam FHC51 Hidden Clock Radio Mini Camera & DVR
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 10, 2013
While I have been really happy with other FOSCAM products, this item does not have the same quality. This appears to be cheap imported item that Foscam simply slapped their label on.

On the plus side...
-It is quite small, so it is fairly discrete.
-It does record video
-It has a clock

On the con side...
- There is very little documentation. In fact, the tiny, rectangular CD containing the user guide wouldn't even play in my new laptop. I had to find another laptop and use it just to view the manual.
- You cannot discretely enable recording. It seems to be meant as something you enable when nobody is around and then leave recording. You wouldn't want to activate the recording mode if the subject was in the room. The process takes several second and then the screen displays what it is recording for 10 seconds before turning back to the clock mode.
- The buttons provide a clumsy way to navigate the menus.
- The DVR menu items are difficult to understand. I was never able to determine how to view my recording on the device.
on September 29, 2014
It is little and the instructions are vague. But, it is set up so not just anyone can view your recordings unless they know what they're doing. If someone does get to the video section it shows no files. They're hidden. Press the right buttons and there they are. I also couldn't get the disc to load on either of my computers. Can take the micro card out and view it with the Nero program. Can set it to record in 10, 30 mins or 1 hr sections. Had one of my roomies stealing food and wanted to catch them before saying anything. Transferred video to my laptop and gave them notice to move after making them reimburse me. Nothing worse than a thief. At first I didn't like how tiny it is but have found that convenient. To the person who complained of the video quality, you can change that in the settings. I think most people are going to be frustrated by the poor instructions and never see what this little DVR can do.
on October 15, 2014
This unit has a lot of pluses going for it. First off I got it for traveling. I have had things stolen from my hotel room before and wanted a way to prove that they were stolen by someone that had access other than myself. This "clock" radio idea is very cool.

The instructions weren't super clear but once you can figure out how to go into the secret mode you can set up the recording portion pretty easily. The clock radio comes with everything including the batter and all the connectors you need. The only thing I had to add was the micro sd card which are pretty cheap these days.

The speakers have pretty good sound. The video is amazing for such a small device! You can also hook up an external device like your ipad or ipod and use the speakers for output.

The dvr is where this little guy shines. Settings abound as to how you want to record and you can even do an endless loop too. The IR was pretty good for low light situations but doesn't work really well in "no light". The video also records audio at the same time!

The device also allows you to play videos or music that you load to the micro sd card.

This can also be hooked up to your laptop or desktop to function as a web cam. Very versatile device indeed. Well worth the price!
on October 18, 2014
The worst. A complete loser. I returned it. It is small and cheap looking, and has no ability to record on motion detection. I need this feature and I should have checked to make sure it was included.

I love the Foscam wireless IP webcams with 720p resolution. I expected the clock radio would have a fraction of the features. It didn't.

It is so small that it should be called the micro Clock Radio.
on November 16, 2013
Although there are virtually no directions for how to set it up and use it, I was able to figure it out through trial and error. Once that was done, this camera was easy to operate but froze up after 2 hours of use. The clock quit working, the video stopped recording, and the power button didn't work. The only way to turn it off was to remove the battery. Technical support is virtually non-existent. You must send them an email and they will respond to your problem....no live support.
on April 28, 2014
I bought this because someone was messing with my stuff at work.....easy to set up (I used the you tube video instead of included directions)and it was up and running in just 5 minutes. I LOVE this....small, easy to use, decent picture!! Highly recommended. The case is solid and not cheap looking, the picture quality is definitely better than I expected for this price.
on December 20, 2014
This thing needs a lot of work. The interface is clunky at best. there is no audio recording, the clock looses time. The battery life is about 3hr max even less if in night mode. and the power is run the USB so it's not like you can discreetly plug this thing in somewhere. I even tried using a cell phone adapter but it still looked shady and would draw suspicion. Bottom line look else ware for covert spy technology.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 30, 2014
Excelente choice, we put on a shelf so we can catch a worker of the house taking money, it really looked so good we used it as proof but the only bad thing is that it doesn't have sound when recording video.
on February 5, 2015
Instructions are simple and listed in the documents that came with the clock.
It only took about 10 minutes to get all set up.
Within a couple days we found out why items were missing from my wifes purse.
Thanks, problem solved.
on January 25, 2014
I have used Foscam products in the past. Several IP cameras and such. I got this item thinking it would have some of the same quality. NO, this item is very poor quality. As others have posted, the format of setting up the camera is hard to understand. Video taken from the camera is fuzzy, and the field of view is very limited. I am very disappointed that FOSCAM offered this camera. I purchased with a discount and the price was $69.00 and change. It is not worth $20.00 in my opinion. Save your money on this one!