5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Install , Great Daytime color
These cameras are great. Daytime images are clear and colors are accurate.
Night time images with IR, are black and white and are clear.
Works well either hard wired or wireless on the network.
I use IP Cam Viewer on my iPhone and Foscam's Software on my iPad. Both work very well with these camera.
I have Blue Iris installed on a server at home to...
Published on June 1, 2012 by Mark S

3.0 out of 5 stars Warranty pain
I purchashed a pack of 3 FI8905W cameras, and 1 failed after 2 months. Foscam sent me to Amazon for repair/replacement, then Amazon told me that my 30 return window had closed.

Published on September 19, 2012 by Billupnorth

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Warranty pain, September 19, 2012
This review is from: Foscam FI8905W Outdoor Wireless/Wired IP Camera - 3 Pack (Electronics)

Beware, Foscam cameras do not have a warranty if not purchashed from Foscam directly on their site. Even if you buy a Foscam camera from Foscam, **via Amazon's site** - no warrenty. If you really need one of these cameras, pay a little extra and buy from Foscam's site.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Install , Great Daytime color, June 1, 2012
Mark S (LI, NY USA) - See all my reviews
These cameras are great. Daytime images are clear and colors are accurate.
Night time images with IR, are black and white and are clear.
Works well either hard wired or wireless on the network.
I have Blue Iris installed on a server at home to monitor and record any motion. 5 stars for Blue Iris too.

Installation and setup could not be easier.
Plug camera into network using supplied cables and power up.
Run the software on the included CD. This finds the camera on the network.
Log into the web interface and make the changes that you want.
I would recommend setting it up with a static IP address.
Camera will reboot a few times depending on the changes made.
Mount Camera and you are ready to go.

Cons:
1- Lens is a bit long. Could use a slightly wider angle lens in most situations.
2- When mounted some what remotely, the issue is trying to get the power to the camera. I have been trying an external POE cable set, but it requires a lot of waterproofing of the connectors and after a certain length will no longer power the camera.
3- The supplied mount is weak for such a heavy camera. Wind will move the camera around. I've used shelf brackets from Home Depot and bend them so the camera is pointed where I need it.
One other method I used, is to get a hook with a wood screw end at Home Depot. Cut off the hook part. Then with a die, cut the appropriate thread for the camera mount. I put two nuts on it and screwed it into the soffit on the house. Then screwed the camera onto the stud and tightened the nuts against the camera. You need enough room under the soffit for the camera to fully turn. Extremely stable.

2.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, April 24, 2012
I would not purchas this model camera again (F18905W). The other Foscams I have purchased have been great, but these are zoomed in to close and they wash out in sunlight. The fix for the Zoomed in problem is to order new lenses.

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks Great...Sounds Great..., January 6, 2013
Nick79 (California) - See all my reviews
I own an indoor Foscam FI8910W and love it; I have it watching the front door & living room, no complaints about it other then the audio plugin still doesnt work. Set-up was easy, as was the marketing on this set-up. Far from it, for me. I am tech-savy, my girlfriend works in IT...we get the stuff. Set-up IS easy, if it works. Wireless set-up never worked, on three camera's. Once it was assigned to the router and unplugged, nothing - no go. Tried it again, nothing...multiple times, different people. There was no live support to try and reach. None responsive email to "support," as well.

I took a break and to blow off steam, I tried to figure out how to mount the camera's; note they are much bigger then you'd expect - really consider the dimensions. My girlfriend even sarcastically commented, "those look industrial." They are rather large and somewhat embarrassing to put up on a home. Who needs such a big camera? You can find smaller ones that are just as good; and I have. They wouldn't fit in the areas I wanted them (areas that don't make them so visible; under eaves, etc.). The mount that comes with it is cheap and should not be used - you have a potentiel for breaking - however, you CAN buy a better one (go figure).

Consider location when setting this up, not just for wireless purposes, but for power supply. You dont want the cords to be visible (for cosmetic purposes alone) to an intruder who could easily cut the power supply line. I planned on running the cords via the attic into the nearest outlet; what seems like an easy set-up takes a lot of time.

Again, if you want the cords visible, you wont have to drill into the walls and go into the attic, this is just my preference. I just think for exposure alone, you should.

All in all, the picture quality (once plugged into the router and up on the screen) is nice, but not worth all the work.

I could not combine these three cameras with the two indoor cameras on the software included; it would require two separate viewing pages; not ideal on a mobile app.

In the end, I've given up based on the size of the camera & cheap mounting bracket (I'm not buying more equipment). I went with the name because of a previous product, but this one isn't for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Foscam Review, December 7, 2012
Fantastic Product and unbelievably good back up from the technical support team - very highly recommend. I had a problem setting up the camera initially, one call to support and not only did they resolve the issue but they went above and beyond by setting up a number of other features on my behalf - I can't speak highly enough of them!

2.0 out of 5 stars 2/3 stopped working on 1st day, September 13, 2013
Let me start by stating why I chose these cameras. For 3 years I have been looking at IP camera solutions that would fit into my budget and networking understanding. I went to a cookout at a friends house and he wanted to show me the new cameras he put up - Foscam FI8905w's. He had had them installed for several weeks and reported zero issues so I bought them thinking they were the answer I had been searching for.

I spent two days running all of the conduit and wire on the outside of the house to power these cameras. I only fell off the roof once - very steep roof. The following day after the complete install I was told that one of them was not working by my Lady so I investigated - turned out that one of the GFCI's tripped - maybe from a power spike or something not related to the camera at all - I'll give them the benefit of doubt. I reset it and it did not trip again. For the next three days Camera 2 would come on, then go out, then come on, then go out. On the third day Camera 1 began the same issue and Camera 2 would only broadcast the video in purple and green.

I called Foscam, they told me it sounds like a hardware issue but they wanted me to go through the reset procedure to see if it would clear up. It did not. For the few hours a day when I could see the images from Camera 2 it only showed the world in a purple/green image. Camera 1 went out completely and never did turn back on.

Not happy Bob, not happy.

Further issues I noticed:
These cameras are for close ups only! I believe they are meant to record faces and not areas. I had Camera 1 installed on the roof line of the second story and could only see part of my car because they were zoomed in so very far. Camera 2 was installed on the third floor roof line and I could only see half of my tiny 36x10' deck which sits at the second floor level. This would be a great feature if I used these cameras (if they worked) as face recognition cameras. Furthermore, the IR emitters are very bright! On the first night they were installed I placed electrical tape over all but ONE of the few dozen emitters and it was almost too bright. When a person walked in from of the camera their face was completely whited out by the IR emitters. I fail to see what the importance of having that much IR light is in a camera that is seemingly designed for face recognition (close up viewing). The viewing angle is similar to looking through a 4x scope while viewing a target 25' away - you can see ever detail of the person as long as the person is being viewed in the daylight - at night all of their detail is washed completely out by the emitters. I returned the cameras and again am searching for a good camera that actually works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Camera, February 24, 2012
I am using three Foscam FI8905W Outdoor Wireless/Wired IP Camera, in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. I like this camera; the easy of use web interface, configuration options, plus great image are excellent. I am very satisfied with the camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Foscam Review, May 24, 2013
I like it has remote capabilities and can be linked to my Email and cell phone.
If not a computer wiz may have a little trouble connecting up, but Foscam has excellent Tec support.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, May 21, 2013
Excellent customer service. I highly recommend customer service assitance. Love the remote acess via IP address. Excellent product for the costs.

I highly recommed these cameras for home use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service!!, February 4, 2013
Had Peter help me on line and he was patient and smart too! Recommend this product. I purchased 6 total camera (three indoor and three outdoor) they came before the delivery date and when I went to set them all up I got stuck. Called their tech support and they were busy so called me back. The same day! I talked with Peter and he took control of my computer and just did it all for me. Nice.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›