5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality picture and lots of features
The video quality is really good. I've showed it to a couple people who have immediately purchased it after seeing the quality and features at such a low price.

The iPhone app is also great and takes advantage of all the features of the cameras (was more than worth the additional 5.99)

Just keep in mind that 'wireless' means you don't have to have...
Published 23 months ago by Ryan Kulla

1.0 out of 5 stars sloppy QA feature testing and poor support
Camera itself works as expected while on a 10baseT connection.
wireless did not work at all.
turns out its a known issue with latest firmware version. research on the web revealed numerous customers with same issue.
after a week of not hearing back from their support I had no choice but to return the set.
How can product be release without a basic QA...
Published 17 months ago by GP

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality picture and lots of features, August 11, 2012
Ryan Kulla (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Foscam FI8910W White Wireless IP Cameras 2-pack (Electronics)

Just keep in mind that 'wireless' means you don't have to have network cables attached to it, and not that you don't have to still plug them into a wall socket for power.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great surveillance cameras X 2, May 15, 2012
I bought a single FI8910W to test it out and then followed up with this bundle. I tried everything from TrendNet to Panasonic and other, less known brands. Panasonics are great, but way too expensive. Foscam does everything I need it to do for a fraction of the price. I am also planning on getting their exterior cameras as well. Easy to set up and use, they come with mounting hardware. I use all my cameras in the house (4) via a wireless connection and never an issue in speed or reliabily. One issue that I am noticing is that once in a while the camera will reset itself and I find it pointing up in he ceiling. Fortunately their iPod/iPad/iPhone software is great and I can point the camera where I need from anywhere in the world. Don't get me wrong, these are not the best cameras on he market and I am hesitant to give any product 5 stars, but for the price, you simply cannot do any better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Workable Camera Set for the Price, October 25, 2012
I was a little hesitant at first to purchase "budget" wireless IP cameras, as I've heard/read many horror stories, and noticed there are some people on Amazon remarking that many of the positive Foscam reviews are bogus. But I decided to take a chance on these, after reading a favorable tech review.

So far, I've found that the cameras are easy to setup, and work pretty much as advertised. My home network setup consists of a DSL gateway modem, a Linksys main router, and 2 Linksys bridge-repeaters (created from older wireless routers), all flashed with DD-WRT.

There is a small trick or two that you need to keep in mind during setup, and knowing this can make the process much less frustrating. Here are some tips, less all the excruciating detail, which you might find useful:

1. Plug the camera into your ROUTER using an ethernet patch cable - do NOT plug it into your desktop or laptop computer.

2. Install the IP Camera tool from the included disk or download it from the Foscam site ([...]) FIRST! There are versions for Windows and Mac.

3. Start the IP Camera tool, give it a few moments, and it should find the camera. Click the link in the popup window, and your admin screen to the camera interface should load in a browser.

4. From here you can setup the features of your camera. I found that one easy way is to use the UPnP (universal plug and play). This worked very well for me. Using UPnP, should aid in identifying your camera to your router.

5. I don't see any reason why you should NOT set a static *internal* IP address, and I think the DHCP option is kind of ridiculous. Having a static internal IP will allow you to ALWAYS find your Foscams when connected to your home network - make a bookmark. With DHCP, these internal IP numbers can change.

6. If you are installing the two camera (or more) set, decide on unique PORT NUMBERS for each camera. You will be connecting remotely to your home network through a single IP address (a public, external one), so having a port number for each will make it easier to connect to the right camera and for forwarding.

7. Port forwarding - I think a lot of people get confused on this step, but it is essential if you want to operate and view the cameras from outside your home or business. On my setup, I did forwarding for the relevant camera ports I selected on my DSL gateway, and main router. Doing the same on repeaters will probably be a good idea as well, if you have them.

8. Once you *think* you have the ports forwarded correctly, use an online tool like "canyouseeme" ([...]) to verify. Basically, navigate to the site with your web browser while on your home or business network, and it will pre-populate the IP address field of your home network (the external public one) in the correct field. Enter each port number and hit the test button. This will tell you if the port is truly open.

9. When you test your camera for internal network viewing (using the internal IP address you setup in the beginning), remember to concatenate the port numbers for each camera. So if your camera's internal IPs are something like 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.3, with port numbers of 8090 and 8091 respectively, you would enter: 192.168.0.2:8090 and 192.168.0.3:8091 in your browser URL bar.

10. For testing REMOTE camera operation, don't try to do it inside your home network, as it will probably hang on you, since you are coming FROM the same IP address your are trying to connect TO. Use a connection outside your home using the external IP address (determined from canyouseeme or other), with the port numbers concatenated onto the end for each respective camera. OR, if you have something like a VPN, connect to that, so the address you are coming FROM is different than your actual home IP address.

PROS:

Good picture, reliable panning motion, decent reception and range, IR for night vision, presets (excellent), included mounting arm/bracket, and price.

CONS:

No zoom or built in record functionality in the included software.

Overall, I think this is a really nice setup for the price, and should tick the boxes for the average person.
No zoom

Update #1: I've been using two of these for about 3 months now, and they still haven't disappointed me. I purchased the Blue Iris software package from Foscam LCC here on Amazon, and that is by far the best solution for multi-camera real-time monitoring, as well as recording. Mine are setup to record short clips based on motion, and they have been working pretty much flawlessly. We decided to expand our security and I was happy enough to order a second set of two.

Update #2: Bought and installed 2 more of these and they are still all working great. Foscam has released firmware and web GUI updates for this model, and I DEFINITELY recommend you download and install them. It improves the functioning of the camera, and provides better security and interaction for the browser interface (the login screen comes up now before the camera information is displayed as with the previous version). I now have 4 of these, and one outdoor Foscam IP camera. Overall I have been very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Foscam F18910 Review., June 3, 2012
Bill Smith (Kennesaw, GA, US) - See all my reviews
This is an outstanding product. Networked to my wireless router, the remote tilt/pan camera allows me to keep in touch with my "kids" (two Shih Tzus) that must remain locked in my kitchen while I am at work. It's great to be able to actually "talk" to them via the built-in speaker/mic via my iPhone. Picture quality is excellent on the iPhone. Not so great on a big screen, but what do you want for a 100 bucks!

1.0 out of 5 stars sloppy QA feature testing and poor support, February 6, 2013
Camera itself works as expected while on a 10baseT connection.
wireless did not work at all.
How can product be release without a basic QA feature test???
that is enough for me to not recommend this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Foscam F18910W sucks, November 16, 2012
I like the price and the picture quality of this camera, but it does not work wirelessly. Technical Support is a joke. I called over and over and finally spoke to someone in the sales dept. He told me he's also tech support??!!! I went on the forums and there were tons of complaints about the issue I had.

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty Equipment?!, October 24, 2012
Fred Huang (Andover, MA United States) - See all my reviews
What utter garbage - I purchased the two-pack and set this up on an isolated, wired network - one computer networked to these two cameras via a simple switch. Static IPs for all three machines. The cameras not only had extremely slow response times, but frequently timed out, stopped responding, etc. Impressive price, but completely DOA.

Customer service was not helpful either.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not meet expectations, November 1, 2013
Foscam Agent 4
Hi there! Need some help?

ME
Hi I keep getting connection drop outs I have 2 cameras both same model foscam and am using blue iris.

both have the long antenna as well..

Foscam Agent 4
How far is the camera from the router

ME
not further then any of my other wireless stuff.. those keep connection fine.

i also have one of the best routers on the market.

Foscam Agent 4
so far is the router from the camera

ME
they are also setup static but i keep getting "no signal" constantly from them, and then they do the scanning thing where it moves around, my cameras are just moving at all times.

less then 20 feet.

but example my apple tv is about 40 feet from my router and connection is perfect.

and xbox, smart tv, and so on..

can you try to increase the wireless channel for the router to 11 or 10

ME
one of the cameras is only about 6 feet from the router.

Foscam Agent 4
and see if it make difference

channel is 11.

has been.

okay then try to change to 10 or 9

ME
that would indicate there is an interference with the connection, i can assure you there is not.

i am in the middle of the woods, not near anything else.

my other cameras are fine, and most are further away, only the foscams are having issues.

kind of upset that i purchased them.

Foscam Agent 4
ohh i am so sorry to hear that

so the camera which is loosing the connection is how far from the router

5 feet.

Foscam Agent 4
can you try to keep it little bit far like 8 or 10 feet away and use the channel 6 or 8

ME
i have a foscam about 15 feet away. and that's on channel 159.

153*

both are losing and reconnecting like every 10 seconds.

153 what is that

the channel it's on, 5g.

n.

which is your router

netgear r6300v2

i have multiple channels and networks, 9 cameras, two are Foscam FI8910W

Foscam Agent 4
okay can you give a call to tech support let them take the remote access of you computer and help you with the wireless setting on the router the changes have to be made to .4 ghz mode not to the 5 ghz mode

really?

ME
say's it works with b/g/n ..but i'm not re-configuring my network to a lower rate to just have these two cameras. I can buy two more of my other brand and be fine. I had no idea these were a budget camera.

becuase the camera works best wioth 54 mbps in 2.4 ghz mode with channel 10

Me:
so it they do not operate on 5g ?

no they work with 2.4 ghz not 5 g

4.0 out of 5 stars Second Foscam purchase, July 2, 2013
Fran Armstrong (Wake Forest, NC United States) - See all my reviews
As far as the camera goes, we like this little camera quite well for our home purposes. It has two way audio and we love the pan/tilt capabilities. As with many of the reviews, it is not that easy to set up for remote viewing. The first camera we purchased was a little over a year ago and after trying another brand of camera from Best Buy, we decided to make this 2 pack purchase from Amazon. We thought we had everything up and running but could not view the cameras remotely on our smart phones. We are not computer techies but my husband will take the time to step by step figure out what to do. Luckily for us, my brother is a computer techie so we also have a source of telephone support, but my husband ended up printing some set-up help off the Foscam.us website to help guide the process. After a few hours of stepping through the process of getting the ports set up for remote viewing we got everything working. The set-up requirements would be the only reason for 4 out of 5 stars. Great camera for the price but you will need some patience for set up. Mostly we use the cameras for pet watching. The vendor and ease of purchase from Amazon was also great.

3.0 out of 5 stars You will never ever get the 9dbi atennas shown in the picture., May 31, 2013
The cameras work fine. But the picture shows the 9dbi atennas as though they are included in the purchase. They aren't, and as far as my experience goes, they never are.

Rate and Discover Movies