Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on October 20, 2012
I am probably the most novice among everyone here. I purchased set of these camera + 2 more mainly because they were wireless and cheaper. I must say i am very satisfied. I am using these inside and outside of my house (outside under the eve).

Here is what i like the most so far:

1. You can actually arm the camera alarm. The Alarm send your gmail a warning email containing screenshots, records a video and sounds a beep on your pc
2. You can easily rotate the camera (up and down and left and right) from your computer or cell phone (i have Android)
3. I have linksys router and a repeater in my big house and have no problems with the wifi so far
4. You can speak from your pc microphone and the sound will come from a speaker inside the camera
5. You can also listen to audio from camera

Here is what i dont like:

1. The camera is mainly for indoor use. I tried to install it in front of a window which works great during the daytime but at night the glare from IR light of the camera makes it impossible to have outside view (unless you have light turned on outside).
2. The network config takes a little time getting used to. (not a con, but just stating for those customers who know nothing about networking)
3. Audio quality is not very HD, but still its there.

So far so good. I feel much awesome now that when going to bed, i have laptop beside me and i can see right away what's going on.
on April 25, 2012
Exceed expectations within the price point. Well made and high quality. I have my camera set to take still shots which are transmitted to a secure website when motion is detected. Works pretty well and with a laptop or computer you can set it to take continuous video. A lot of great applications out there for you Iphone and Android fans which virtually allow you to do anything you want when out of the home and on your PDA.
on June 25, 2013
We had these installed so we could keep an eye on an elderly family member and caregiver,. They are working out great! We hired someone to install them and are having more installed to monitor our own home area. They're not quite like watching TV but they are very good and the IR is great for when the lights are off. There have been times when I could see where my mother in law was going when she got up at night but she couldn't. I'll admit that's scary, but she refuses a night light. I could even detect their auto spray air freshener send a ghostly puff across the room. She almost took a fall the other day and couldn't figure out how and we showed her exactly what happened on replay. No one pushed her or shoved her. Our caregiver is thrilled we have them as well as my MIL I highly recommend these. They're a great monitor, especially for the price. Once set up you can adjust them around remotely or pick them up and move them wherever you have a plug. One of ours does have a slight click that we can't figure out but otherwise they've done exactly what we wanted them to do.
on February 3, 2016
Definitely good for the price. It does get choppy at times but after finding a better app to control the cameras, they are much smoother. I lose connection from time to time which is somewhat frustrating because I have to go in my toddlers room at night, trying not to wake her up, to unplug and plug it back in to reset the camera in order for the picture to come back on. Kind of defeats the purpose of having cameras. I don't think I would feel confident in relying on them as a security cameras just for the simple fact they lose connection. I'm considering buying a longer antenna for them to see if it will improve that problem.
on February 9, 2015
These are great little cameras. For the money, I think they are pretty tough to beat. Set up is not the most intuitive thing ever, but you can youtube videos on how to set them up and once you get one, the others a breeze. Quality is pretty decent. I also like that you can use these for so many different applications. You really can't go wrong with these.
on April 2, 2014
This has made it so much easier to leave on our vacations knowing I can check in on our house and check to see that someone has come to feed our house cats and to make sure they have water. The microphone doesn't work very well but it depends a lot whether you have a good signal on both ends. I found when I tried to talk to my cats using my iPad app when I was away, it scared them. I tried talking to my husband once using the Foscam app when I was in Hawaii to see how well the microphone and speakers worked and all he heard was broken-up words. I can hear most of the sounds on my end with the occasional cut out when the connection isn't good. I have 6 of these, three black and three white. Four are outside under covered porches. Sometimes the signal cuts out since it is outside the house and the router is inside. The inside ones I use looking at the cat's food and water dishes and at the cat's beds when I'm away. When I'm home I have them watching the front and back doors from the inside. Late at night if I hear a noise, I can just pull up the iPad or phone app and check who or what is outside without having to open the door or peer through a window. I'd buy more but I'm afraid my wifi bandwidth couldn't handle anymore. The infrared works pretty good. You can not have it inside the house looking out a window at night with the infrared on or you will get nothing but reflection. There are ways around this with external infrared lights and you can read this on forums and YouTube videos. I'm planning on buying additional infrared lights to get even a brighter night picture. I wish I would have had these when someone paint-balled our house and another time someone went up our driveway and broke our rearview mirror off our car. I use the Blue Iris software now to record all the cameras so I can look back on the day or week if anything happens.
on April 19, 2013
Excellent wireless camera. No, it doesn't zoom and you are unable to read license plates at a distance, but to monitor your home and belongings, can't beat it. You are able to remote view through iphone, ipad or computer. If you have wifi, this works. I highly recommend.
on February 17, 2014
Took some doing with internet research to get these set up but they work fantastically well. I place them around the house as cat cams and if they are there, I can see them! The only downside is that the microphone and speaker on this thing distort and stutter speech so badly that it's mostly useless. I have used it to startle my cats while I'm away. When I saw my one kitten start to get rough with the other, I admonished him via the speaker and the roughhousing stopped. Great Big Brother tool to use on your cats.
on November 16, 2013
1 out 3 cameras (in the 3 pack) was broken out of the box. These are very cheapo. The quality is extremely low day or night. For the most part, as security cameras go, these are completely worthless. The only neat feature is the two way voice and pan/tilt which not many other cameras offer. But as far as dependability and quality, they are not good. I contacted foscam when one of the cameras was broken out of the box (it keeps restarting itself every 30 seconds) and they never responded, but they responded very quickly to another email regarding buying more cameras. The software is actually very easy to use and it actually works on all devices (as promised) which was a positive surprise.
on October 19, 2014
I was looking for cameras to watch my cats while I'm away from home. It's cheap and very efficient cameras. PROS: Tilt and pan, price, infrared mode. Cons: not easy to install, bad sound, image is not so good. Past few months one United started to reboot itself constantly, kinda annoying! Never heard back from fiscal support