Top positive review
16 people found this helpful
on October 20, 2012
I am probably the most novice among everyone here. I purchased set of these camera + 2 more mainly because they were wireless and cheaper. I must say i am very satisfied. I am using these inside and outside of my house (outside under the eve).
Here is what i like the most so far:
1. You can actually arm the camera alarm. The Alarm send your gmail a warning email containing screenshots, records a video and sounds a beep on your pc
2. You can easily rotate the camera (up and down and left and right) from your computer or cell phone (i have Android)
3. I have linksys router and a repeater in my big house and have no problems with the wifi so far
4. You can speak from your pc microphone and the sound will come from a speaker inside the camera
5. You can also listen to audio from camera
Here is what i dont like:
1. The camera is mainly for indoor use. I tried to install it in front of a window which works great during the daytime but at night the glare from IR light of the camera makes it impossible to have outside view (unless you have light turned on outside).
2. The network config takes a little time getting used to. (not a con, but just stating for those customers who know nothing about networking)
3. Audio quality is not very HD, but still its there.
So far so good. I feel much awesome now that when going to bed, i have laptop beside me and i can see right away what's going on.