5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Screen Shield for Kindle Fire
Published 23 months ago by aar!

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for some
Published on May 29, 2012 by S. Rice

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for some, May 29, 2012
This review is from: Fosmon Vexi Anti-Glare Screen Shield Protector for Kindle Fire (3 Pack) (Accessory)
The way I look at things is, the only real thing that differentiates one screen protector from another is the fit, look and feel. So for this one, it fits well and installed about like any other... easy enough. For me, the only reason I don't give it more stars is because its finish is VERY matt - almost rough to the touch. This is a problem for me for two reasons: First, my fingers don't glide on the screen when navigating with gestures; and second the finish causes the picture to degrade/blur more than other "anti-glare" screen protectors I've had.
Again, I have had other "anti-glare" screen protectors that aren't quite so anti-glare. If you're doing a lot outside maybe this is the one for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Screen Shield for Kindle Fire, July 23, 2012
aar! "aar!" (Phoenix, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As the product description indicates, the Fosmon premium quality screen protector for Kindle Fire offer protection for Kindle Fire. The screen guard is in fact a perfect fit. In addition, Fosmon's screen protectors are transparent, ultra-thin, durable, and dust repelling. The reseal envelope contains 3 screen protector packs containing a screen shield, a cleaning cloth and plus an installation card to remove bubbles. Easy to follow instructions are on the envelope, in addition to a detailed instruction sheet complete with pictures. For novices, additional instructions can be found at: [...].
Following the instruction, the screen shield application was easily completed without incident. Some of the main features noted are:
1. Incomparable clarity
2. Silicone adhesive coating
3. Non-adhesive backing, will not leave sticky residue
4. Anti-scratch and durable
5. UV protection
6. Ultra thin
7. And, dust repellent
We are pleased with the Fosmon screen shield, its main features as referenced above and the ease of application. Well worth the 8 plus bucks with free shipping - recommended.

Note: we have purchased and/or applied screen protectors for our multiple devices (i.e. iPhones, iPads, iPods, and now the Fosmon for our Kindle Fire)

4.0 out of 5 stars Cuts back on glare, August 6, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Fosmon Vexi Anti-Glare Screen Protector fit well and was simple to install. What I found different from this screen protector compared to the myGear screen protector I had on my KF previously, was that this one had a matte finish. Where the myGear screen protector has a glossy or more clear finish. What I liked about the matte finish was once I started using it, the oils from my hands weren't as visible on the screen as compared to the myGear. The myGear protector got quite greasy and difficult to clean. While I can still see some smudges on the Fosmon Vexi screen protector, it's not as bad and it's much easier to clean. Also the matte finish helps cut back on glare. I see a big difference. The glare out in the sun isn't as bad either. Another bonus is that each screen protector (3) comes with it's own cloth and plastic applicator. The myGear came with only one cloth and one plastic applicator. So I needed to make sure that after each application, I remembered to keep the cloth and plastic applicator in a safe place. With the Fosmon Vexi brand you can throw out the cloth and plastic applicator after each application.

One con I can note about the Fosmon Vexi is that I believe because it's a matte finish the texture is a bit thicker so when playing games on my KF I sometimes have to press a little harder or swipe more than once. Thus a four star rating.

I would purchase this product over the myGear. The improvement on the anti-glare, the decease in how much oils are left behind and having a cloth and plastic applicator for each screen protector are reasons enough for me to switch to the Fosmon Vexi Anti-Glare Screen Protector.

3.0 out of 5 stars could be better, June 2, 2012
could have been better...looked like it was used or maybe even returned. i thought it was the clear screen, its actually the glazed one, but my disappointment was that two of the three sheets looked used.

1.0 out of 5 stars not the product I ordered, June 20, 2012
The product delivered is NOT the product I ordered...What I ordered is an anti glare screen protector...I received a screen protector, but there is no anti glare about it...No where on the package does it say anti glare, and in fact, it is harder to read with it installed than it was before...Terrible misleading product...I am VERY disappointed !!!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't Recommend, October 20, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I will be the first to admit that I'm not great at installing screen protectors, usually I end up with one or two small bubbles. This time, the bubbles were numerous and I could not get rid of them. I tried with all three screen protectors and still ended up with too many bubbles, causing my Kindle Fire to prove unusable. Add to that the matte finish which might work for reading but not for viewing videos, magazines, web sites or playing games.

I could *maybe* chalk up the numerous bubbles to user error, although it should go on easier. The matte finish was too much and causes the Kindle screen to lose some of the crisp, sharpness you would want.

4.0 out of 5 stars SCREEN PROTECTOR WITH PARTIAL ANTI-GLARE PROPERTIES, July 25, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This product is a screen protector with partial anti-glare capability as well, though I should point out that 'anti-glare' is nowhere mentioned in the product packaging I received; rather, the package describes the product as a 'Screen Shield', so its primary function is for screen protection.

For those who read outdoors or under overhead lighting:
This protective sheet is transparent to minimize image distortion. It has a slightly matted finish that only partially diffuses screen glare, so if you are someone who does a lot of reading outdoors or under overhead lighting, you will definitely need to get a better anti-glare screen cover for Kindle Fire, or you may want to consider using the e-ink Kindles instead. You can check the reviews for other Kindles and also for other anti-glare screen covers and then decide which options would best meet your needs. Since good anti-glare over-screen products diminish the image quality to some extent, you want something that is designed to be easily and repeatedly removable because you won't want to use it all the time. Doing a search on 'anti-glare Kindle Fire' right now brings up a product that seems to fit the bill and you may want to check this out:
Moshi iVisor AG Screen Protection for Kindle Fire (Anti-Glare) - Bubble Free Installation

Getting back to our product under review, here are some comments on installation that I hope will be helpful:
In reading previous reviews, I noted that some people had problems installing this because it requires a lot of patience and the air bubbles are difficult to get rid of, especially when doing this for the first time. The screen must first be thoroughly cleaned because even minute particles of dust will cause air bubbles. Also, based on other problems where people reported worse glare in the end, I was wondering if the top covering sheet was not removed as the last step in the installation process. This could be very easy to miss since the top cover sheet is transparent but shiny and my guess is that maybe some people who had that experience did not realize this. Again, the product package did not say 'anti-glare' but it is. Once the top cover sheet is removed as the last step, the screen looks OK. Just be sure to carefully follow the instructions step by step and work slowly and patiently to remove the air bubbles, then remove the shiny top protective sheet as the last step. The package contains 3 sheets with cleaning cloths and air bubble removal cards in separate envelopes, so you have 3 chances to do it right. With practice, most people should get better at doing this and find that the process is not so bad after all, though it certainly would be less hassle if they invent a quicker and easier way to do this.

As I mentioned above, this protective sheet has a slightly matted texture to partially diffuse light glare. At first this matted surface feels a little strange to the fingers, but after a little while this slightly different feel will not be noticed because there is no effect at all on touch screen performance. I even tried playing several games and found that the touch screen was not at all impeded by the protective sheet.

This product has the nice feature of providing UV protection for the eyes and the sheet is easily removable if/when you no longer want to use it. It leaves no adhesive residue. It also repels dust.

In summary, this is a decent screen protector for Kindle Fire that has partial anti-glare properties. If you do a lot of reading outdoors or under overhead lighting, you're better off exploring more powerful anti-glare options or other Kindle models that offer easier reading in those environments.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well enough as a screen protector for Kindle Fire.., August 2, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This thing was a PAIN to install. It comes with a very small piece of cloth that is supposed to be(I believe) a static type cleaning cloth like one might use on a computer monitor or television screen.

The package comes with three packs including a screen protector and cloth- good thing because the first one I attempted to apply did not go on easily and the cleaning cloth had missed some lint so there were alot of little bubbles. Took it off and threw it away. I made sure to clean the screen with a little computer monitor cleaner and lens cloth- THEN used the little included cloth. When I was certain there were no specks on the face of my Kindle Fire I started applying the second protector in the package. You pull off the tab labeled as number 1. The protector is ready to apply. DON'T touch the sticky side! Hold onto it by tab number 2.

The kit comes with a small (maybe 1.5-2 inches square?) card. After pulling off the side using the number 1 tab, I slowly used a credit card to press the cover to the clean screen of my kindle. This worked much better than using the small card included in the kit (which I did with the attempted first application). I started at the bottom (there is a small cutout notch in the top left corner not to obstruct the camera) and worked my way up, squeezing bubbles out with the credit card as I went.

I had a couple of bubbles that came out relatively easily by 'chasing' them out to the sides by pressing them with the credit card in the direction I wanted them to go.

Once applied I felt that the anti-glare feature worked pretty decently and I had no problems reading or using the touch features of the kindle. I wouldn't say that the anti-glare feature is the best thing about it but I have an easier time reading by the pool or when the sun comes through the windows by the couch when I'm reading there.

For me the best thing about this is that I don't have to worry about the kids scratching up the screen or constantly having to polish off fingerprints. I think this will extend the life of my Kindle Fire- the screen at least.

I would say they need to find a better way to apply these things but at least this set comes with tabs to hold onto while I've used other protectors that dont even have that. Bigger tabs would be nice and instead of putting three little cloths in the package, putting one nice on that cleans well would be better but I guess it is what it is. Okay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does just what it says!, December 3, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this because I like to use my Kindle to read in the car, which often has a glare problem. (Can't say always, because the DH always tries to park the car in a place that is in the shade for me) Reading on the Kindle is unusually easy compared to my older laptop or iPod, but if I got rid of the glare problem, it would be perfect.

Enter the Fosmon Vexi Anti-Glare Screen Shield Protector for Kindle Fire (3 Pack). For a very small price, you get three shields for your Kindle Fire's screen that once installed properly, makes glare a distant memory. Actually, I'm very glad that there were three plastic screen protectors in the package - I messed one up, and still had two. I installed the second one perfectly and it's been in place for months with no problems. I really don't know when (or if) I'll need the third one. Knowing me, I'll ruin the second it about three seconds after I give the third one away.

Installation isn't difficult, about the same as other screen shields. You just have to make sure that the screen is incredibly, scrupulously clean before installing it. Once you have that done, it's just a matter of reading the directions and steady hands. When in place, the difference is incredible: you won't believe that you read outdoors without it before!

In my (almost) humble opinion, it's imperative to get a screen protector for any touch screen item, and because reading using the Kindle Fire outdoors is a great joy, this is just about the perfect screen shield for me. Give it a try, if you like to use your Kindle in the car, outdoors or even in a sunny window, I think it will prove to be the perfect screen shield for you, too. The great price is just a bonus.

3.0 out of 5 stars Plastic on the lamp shade, November 1, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love my Kindle Fire, and I love the gorilla glass touch screen. Even after a year of (believe me) daily use, it has never failed to clean perfectly with a simple micro-fiber cloth. I bought a cover for it, which is almost a necessity if you want to hold it comfortably in your hands to read, or to pop it in purse or suitcase to take it any where.

So, why would anyone need a plastic screen cover? I really don't think we do. It was tedious to apply - peel the thing, position it just so (this is pretty much impossible to get 100% correct), peel and lay the plastic down, then use the little piece of cardboard to smooth out the air bubbles. I did all that, but the whole time I was wondering...why?

I tried the touch screen with the plastic covering it, and it felt different. The gorilla glass itself feels beautiful, cool, clean, smooth as...well, glass! This drags a little, like plastic. I didn't like the appearance, what with the tiny air bubbles I couldn't get out no matter how I wielded the little piece of cardboard. Off it came.

Recommendation: This product feels to me like plastic on lampshades. What are you saving them for, people? Take the plastic off your lampshades and enjoy them. Same thing with this. Enjoy that expensive, technologically perfect gorilla glass touch screen. No need to put plastic over it.

Rate and Discover Movies