Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Martha Stewart American Made Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Classics and Essentials in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Deals on HTL

Package Quantity: 1Style Name: classicChange

on March 1, 2015
This is the right product if you're lacking HDMI outlets on your TV. Example: I have only two HDMI ports (outlets) on the back of my HD TV. One is taken up by the cable box. The other has been used for my Blu-Ray player. 2 - 2 = 0. So, when I wanted to attach a new (Amazon) Fire Stick, I thought, "What do I do now? Keep unplugging the Blu-Ray and plugging in the Fire Stick? And vice versa?" And I did for a while before deciding that plugging and unplugging over and over again every day will probably not just a be a pain in the ***, but will (over time) slowly damage the second HDMI outlet on the back of my TV. So, I started looking here for something simple and cheap to give me the ability to have a third product attached to my TV. Here's what I discovered: Nearly every time you look for a solution, you encounter products called "splitters." Here's what a splitter does: It "splits" a signal into two or more "routes" so you can send an identical signal of some sort to two or more devices. Same signal but "split." But that's not what I wanted to do: I just wanted to be able to select either Blu-Ray or Fire Stick to connect to my TV because, remember, I did not have enough HDMI outlets. Now, these splitters are interesting in what they can do, but they cost from $ 30.00 on up to $ 60.00 plus. And most of those that I've seen require an electrical outlet. I believe the extra power is there to boost a signal that's going to go to multiple devices. But with a "switch," it just switches the device you'll be connecting to. One at a time; not all at once. So, I spotted this cheap switch. It is complete with NO extras required. It requires NO power from a wall outlet. No need for worrying about the "People who bought this also bought this" kind of baloney. I plugged it into the second HDMI outlet on the back of my TV (I still have the first outlet dedicated to my cable box). On the other side of this device there are three outlets into which I can plug three devices (my need was to attach only two). There are 1, 2 & 3 outlets with lights showing which device is connected and even a little button so you can switch from one outlet to another. As you switch between devices, the light moves to show which device you're connected to. If you don't have a third device, the light for device # 3 will not light up. Last, the product is designed to intelligently switch to the correct device, depending on which remote you activate. It does work, but remember that your TV set-up might make it necessary for you to press the little button in order to select (in my case) Blu-Ray or Fire Stick. No big deal, but some products, like Sony TV's and Sony Blu-Ray devices often have a "special" relationship with each other, like when, for example, turning on your Blu-Ray can also turn on your TV. I suspect the button is there for situations when the device cannot intelligently determine what it should connect to. The point is, this works, requires no power outlet, and makes plugging-in/un-plugging unnecessary. And at a fraction of the cost of a "splitter." So if it's a matter of increasing the number of HDMI plugs that can go into the back of your TV--this is the right product. NOTE: I have read that some users have had trouble attaching some devices to this switch, like a monitor. Perhaps a powered switch could handle the power issue of a monitor, but for so many of us, who are just trying to increase the number of HDMI devices that can be connected to our televisions, this is a good choice.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 8, 2013
Overall this item does exactly what you want it to do! I have it switching between a Blu Ray player and Apple TV. It has a small button on it that must be pushed (not via remote) to switch channels. One thing to keep in mind is that it does have a BLUE LED light on it, which is very visible when watching TV in the dark. Blue LEDs tend to be super bright, so I wanted to point that out.

All in all I'm very pleased as this thing does what I needed it to do.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2014
I have two types of splitters to connect a Playstation, Xbox, and DVR together, this device is the newest one.
Pros: 1.You do not have to purchase another HDMI cable to attach this to the TV.
2. It works to switch the inputs between the HDMI devices.
3. It will light up a room with the blue LED on it.
4. Does not need Powercord.

I haven't figured out what the priority is (but haven't had time yet) for the automatic switching. I would like it to switch to the playstation when the playstation comes on, then revert back to the TV when the power goes off. It might not do this without manually pressing a button.
2. The blue LED is BRIGHT!! It will light up behind the TV and stays on, if you are ok with a nightlight, you will love this. This is easily fixed by some duct tape.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 1, 2013
I have seen reviewers say that it doesnt switch automatically, which is false, it switches to the last thing turned on. It works, doesn't negatively affect quality. It's awesome
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2015
Received this product last week. I have to say I am very pleased with everything about this product. I bought this to use with my BenQ GL24060HM 24" monitor, as it only has one HDMI port in the back of it. This has totally fixed that problem and has made this monitor's functionality go through the roof. For the price, it has exceeded my expectations. Some of the other reviews have said that the auto switch function hasn't been working properly for them, but I have yet to run into that issue with 2 HDMI's plugged into the pigtail. Whenever I turn my Xbox One on, that is what is displayed. Whenever I turn my Xbox One off, it switches back to displaying my computer screen automatically (which is exactly what it should do).

I also wanted something that would not be hard to hide. With the help of a couple velcro Command Strips, the entire pigtail along with the cord have been mounted to the back of the monitor and out of plain sight.
review image
on September 27, 2013
This switch works just like the description says. I have a Roku Media Player and my xbox 360 hooked up through it and works flawlessly switching between the two devices.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2014
This device works but it stumbles with a Monitor. If you are purchasing this for a monitor, heads up, the device uses power from it. Monitors don't use much power, therefore this device will burrow power from whatever media source you are connecting to it. I have a Xbox One with this, and it works perfectly fine due to the power brick that the Xbox comes with. Now, I also have a PS4, I connected it to HDMI2 port, and it kept flickering (PS4 does not have a power brick). Not enough power was flowing through it. I hooked up the Wii U, and it works fine due to the fact that it also has a power brick.

I also wanted to test things out. I had connected the Xbox One to HDMI2 and the PS4 on HDMI1. I turned the PS4 on on its own, it flickers... but If I turn both devices on, the PS4 port will not flicker.

I went ahead and purchased another that has a power adapter. No issues at all with my monitor.

You wont have these type of issues with a TV because the TV has enough power to support the device.

Other than that, it works as a simple solution for extra ports as stated.
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2013
i thought i didn't have to reach in the back of the tv to switch from my cable box to blue ray. i thought wrong. keep it where you can reach it. it's not an auto switch unless you have a kid that will automatically press the switch button for you like a remote control!
on October 14, 2014
I've hooked up an HDMI cable from my PC, Wii U, and PS3. It automatically switches to whatever device is turned on. If multiple devices are turned on, it'll switch to the device that was most recently turned on. For example: If I'm gaming on my PS3 and my Wii U powers on automatically for an update (or if you were to manually power it on), it will switch to the Wii U. To switch to a different output other than the automatically selected one, you have to press the button on the switch.

I've tried hooking up my PS4 to the switch, but it will not output a signal.

Also, the blue LED isn't obtrusive at all. Though that may be because I affixed the switch to the back of my TV using 3M Hanging Strips
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 26, 2015
Does exactly what I need it to. I only need two ports, one for chromecast and the other one for my blu-Ray player. I do not need to press the button to switch between devices.

All you have to do is plug the blu-ray player into port 1 and chromecast into port 2. When you turn on the blu-ray player it automatically switches to port 1. When u turn off the blu-ray it then defaults back to port 2 which is my chromecast. Of course if you have another device that can be TURNED ON AND OFF then you simply move ur chromecast to port 3 and use port 2 for the other device.
review image