5.0 out of 5 stars Wow,glad I found this,works great.
I only have two hdmi on my tv and this expands it quite nicely. The remote is a nice feature,but I don't use it cause it automatically knows I'm using roku or Bluray player. This is a must if your tv has a limited amount of hdmi outlets.

Published 16 months ago by MWJII

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for everyone - but a bargain for me!
What do you expect for 15 bucks? If you're looking for perfect, forget it. But the good news is: it works! Now for the caveats . . .

Published 14 months ago by Steve Livingston

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow,glad I found this,works great., September 2, 2013
This review is from: Fosmon HD1832 Intelligent 5x1 5-Port HDMI Switch/Switcher with IR Remote and AC Adapter Supports 3D (Electronics)

Update 10/8/13 have been working with this for some time now and it has not failed me yet and the only thing I can say is this is GREAT! I have my Roku,Bluray,and now chromecast hooked up and it transfers over nicely to each device. Well worth the cost,ease of setup and usage.

4.0 out of 5 stars Change up, August 28, 2013
C. Schmidt (amztabhlp at gmail) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
To go along with my TCC TC-716 6-Way Stereo Source Selector, I needed an HDMI switcher to swap through AV sources, (yes, I know HDMI carries audio as well as video, this is a specialty setup). Torn between this one and the Kinivo 501BN Premium 5 port High speed HDMI switch, I got both. They both more or less have the same features, and the biggest difference is the price. The Fosmon is smaller and doesn't have an IR receiver built into the box - you have to use the included external IR receiver cable. That's not a bad thing really, if you want to hide the box. Speaking of remotes, I found that the Kinivo has a lower range than the Fosmon. The Kinivo was built to be seen, with soft glowing lights compared to the Fosmon's brilliant blue LED indicators. I haven't tried the Fosmon to see if it too has this feature, but the Kinivo's display indicates not just which port is active, but also and which have inputs. One more thing to note, the Kinivo unit uses a membrane button on the body to do the switching, while the Fosmon uses a hardware switch. If you're likely to be manually switching a lot (like my unit will be - manufacturing environment), there could be an issue with the switch wearing out. Overall, I like both, and both work well. But for what I need, the cheaper Fosmon will do better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for everyone - but a bargain for me!, October 17, 2013
Steve Livingston (Western North Carolina) - See all my reviews

1. It's very small. So what? you may ask. Well, imagine trying to fit a gallon of oil in a two cup container. This thing is the size of a deck of cards, weighs less than my smart phone, and you're supposed to connect SIX hdmi's to it? Heh. It's plug and play all right - but the "plug" part is really tricky.

2. The remote eye has a very short cord. Ideally, you'd like to locate this device with the rest of your equipment in the cabinet under the set, but the cord on the remote eye is only six inches long. Which severely limits your placement choices.

3. The remote eye is large. Honestly, it's huge. Compared to the device itself, it's a monstrosity. If it were hollow, you could about get a ping pong ball inside. Trust me, you do not want to stick this thing on the front of your TV set where you have to look at it.

4. The eye is picky about directionality. The flat surface with the adhesive pad has to be vertical. If you mount it horizontal, you'll get about two feet of range.

5. The clicker buttons are cheap. They're going to wear out. Quickly. Trust me. If you use this device every day, I'd give it less than two years.

OK, having said all that, would I buy another one? Sure. It has its place. Hopefully my review will help you decide if it qualifies for your place.

3.0 out of 5 stars Was very happy with it, until I tried to watch a movie with Xbox, December 25, 2013
This device has been awesome. Works great, even auto-switches when a new device pops up. The only problem I have with it, is that it is NOT HDCP compliant.

When hooked up to Xbox 360, and inserting a movie, a message pops up to the effect of "Secure HDCP link not found"

I tried several ports, and many other things. When connected directly to TV (by-passing this device) everything works fine.

Great, except for Non-HDCP compliance.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Features, Poor Construction - Died after a month, November 29, 2013
Worked great for about a month. Inputs auto-switch, or you can force an input change using a button on the device or the remote.

Unfortunately, not very well made. Only lasted about a month before HDMI ports started failing. First one, then two, now three. So it'll work until it's too late to return it, then die on you. I'd stay away.

2.0 out of 5 stars Signal drops take it from cheap to worthless, January 17, 2014
I figured I wouldn't be getting high quality for the price I paid, but I had hopes that it would fall into the category of "good enough." Unfortunately, the switch tends to drop the signal roughly every 10-30 minutes. It re-establishes almost immediately, but the TV will go black for 1-2 seconds while it reconnects. Since I'm mostly using this for gaming, that's an unacceptable lag.

Aside from that one glaring issue, the switch would have been perfect for my needs. If you feel like taking a gamble, or don't mind the occasional flicker, you might still consider using this. Here's a few other things to keep in mind:

1) The switch is incredibly light. The tension from the HDMI cables will be more than enough to hold it up and keep it from lying flat.

2) The LED light which shows the current input is very bright. Even in a well-lit room, it is noticeably glaring. In a dark room, it's practically a flashlight. You'll want this switch tucked away behind a cabinet or drawer to keep the light from being visible. Which brings us to...

3) The cord for the IR receiver is very short. The one that I got was roughly a foot long, which was nowhere near long enough to run outside of the cabinet I hid the switch in. The good news is that it uses a standard headphone jack for a connection, so I was able to get an extension cable that let me run the receiver to a more convenient location. I used a six foot extension, and the switch still had no problem receiving commands despite the extra cable run.

4) The remote, like the switch, is very light, and noticeably flimsy. I programmed the inputs into a universal remote, since I doubt the included remote will hold up for very long even under normal use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good things come in small packages, September 1, 2013
Works as described. Comes with everything except an HDMI cable. Great product. Can choose any one of the 5 HDMI inputs without getting out of my lazy boy chair. Solved the problem of only one HDMI input on my older HDTV. A+++

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, October 28, 2013
I love this little thing! It works as it should and automatically switches inputs based on incoming signal - or you can use the supplied wireless remote to manually change the input. I use this to connect my DVD, my laptop, and my Google Chromecast to one HDMI input on my TV. It switches input to the "topmost" signal, so if you have a device (such as the Chromecast) with an always on signal, just put it on a higher input. That way when something else is turned on (in my case the DVD or laptop) it will override the constant signal from the Chromecast and switch the lower input automatically. For the price, you definitely can't beat it. Plus the box is much smaller than I expected and it tucks away easily with the IR receiver able to be placed anywhere with a nice long cable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, September 15, 2013
I bought this because my TV only has 2 HDMI inputs and when the NextGen consoles come out I will have 4 systems using HDMI cords. Once I received it I hooked my PS3 and Xbox 360 up to it; the PS3 works with it but not my Xbox 360, so I was a little disappointed about that. Overall it's not bad, I just hope the new systems work with it. (Edit) So I got the NextGen consoles and both of them worked with this! So the PS3, PS4, and XB1 all work with it but my Xbox360 did not. However mine only lasted about 6 months then stopped working entirely, it would randomly cycle through the inputs and would not give output to the TV. Overall it's ok but I hope to find a better one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for my needs, October 1, 2013
My plasma only has 2 hdmi inputs, this product allowed me to connect my apple tv, google chromecast and computer thru one input. Remote is a little sluggish but doable. All in all a great product at a great price.