This is quite a nice case for the Samsung Galaxy Note II.

The GT-N7100 and all other variants have the same body, therefore making this case compatible with all of them.

The case mixes TPU casing with a simple S-line design and a basic kickstand feature.

Published on November 2, 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, tight fight, decent functionality
Pros. This case fits tight on my note 2 it is also low profile, it has very textured side grips and a neat little kickstand. The holes match and the screen isn't covered
Published 24 months ago by P. Ng

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, nothing better available as of 11/1/2012, November 2, 2012
This is quite a nice case for the Samsung Galaxy Note II.

Having a 5.5 inch screen and no kickstand was sad. This not only protects ALL the areas of the phone, but also adds the kickstand feature, so watching Netflix, HBO, YouTube, etc is much more comfortable. I don't have to hold it or try to level it with some clothes on the table.

Back to the case itself. I chose this case because, for me, it's the best case available right now, and the cost is totally worth it. I have checked out many cases, including TPU based ones. Most of the cases I've seen that were not TPU or Silicone, were not protecting the phone's top and/or bottom, which to me was a deal breaker. I've seen the videos of drop tests, and I was concerned that a fall on its corner would cause massive damage. Therefore, all those cases were out of the question, regardless of how thin they may be. The wallet style cases are cute and all, but they seem too bulky, something sort of for a tablet. And while the size of this phone may make it be called "phablet", those cases just don't look right.

The TPU cases are excellent because they provide simple protection to all corners and screen (the lip reaches far over the screen so that you can place it on the table without the screen getting scratched up) at a minimal cost.

TPU cases are very abundant with any phone that comes out, and they're usually made on S-Line, or simple color. The S-Line is more stylish if you get bored of a simple color case. At the cost, you can purchase several and switch them around as you please. One color a day or whatever.

Now, so many good things about the case, why not 5 stars? simple. It is what it is, and, for the price, you won't find anything better. But I have a couple caveats about the kickstand.

1) The kickstand is tucked inside the case itself, but the hinge protrudes enough that it causes it to be the only point of contact with the table, making it easy to be pushed off a table by mistake or some such.
2) The kickstand (again) is as flimsy as can be. Putting any pressure on the kickstand will push it down to the next level, and down to almost flat pushing any further.
3) Won't last. As nice as it looks, it already shows blemishes and damage, and I've only used it for 2 days. Scratches can easily be seen on the black color.

Comments that make this better:

1) The fit is perfect, and it feels really good in your hand, and it makes the phone so much easier to hold than its slippery original plastic feel.
2) All buttons work perfectly, and the phone looks good in it, and, of course, I'm so glad it's protected! T-Mobile as of today still has no accessories. Sprint has the original flip and a bodyglove tpu case. AT&T doesn't sell the phone yet, but advertises several high quality cases (case-mate, otterbox) but that cost 10 to 20 times the price of this one, and look uglier (to each their own).
3) Color choices! This seller also has available this case on Blue, White, and I think Purple, Pink, and Red.

So is this the best case ever? NO, but it is the most affordable, and at the time of this writing, it is one if not the best out there, because of its all-around protection and its added kickstand utility.

I hope people find this review useful in their search for a case for this awesome phone.

I'll be adding my own pictures to this item so you can see what I meant in the review.

Best of luck!

P.S.- Seller was SF Planet, and the item arrived on the first day of its estimated 7 day window.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, tight fight, decent functionality, December 4, 2012
Cons. The kickstand has no way to stop from folding out all the way and possibly scratching your back cover. I remedied this by adding a small strip of shipping tape to the inside so that the tape keeps the stand from flipping too far out.also, it only does landscape / horizontal. It will not stand up in portrait.
Con. The buttons are very hard to feel for and, there seems to be no feed back when pushing the volume buttons. I think the plastic isnt flexible enough. This is the worse flaw because I like to occasionally find the buttons without looking. I don't know how to remedy this yet, maybe cut away some of the plastic around the button?
I would still highly recommend because of the price and fit . Fyi, most people who ask to look at my ohone done even realize they're looking at a case! Most Common response, "your phone has a built in kick stand? "

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Hybrid Cae, November 12, 2012
This review is from: Fosmon HYBO-SK Series PC + TPU Hybrid Kickstand Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II / N7100 - Blue (Electronics)
I was very surprised at how nice this case actually looks on the phone. Really nice. Fits right in nice and snug. It provides a nice lip surrounding the phone for protection in the event of a drop. The Galaxy Note 2 as you know is already a big phone so there is no need to add unnecessary bulk. This case barely adds any thickness and at the same time helps you grip it better with grip markings on the side. All the ports are perfectly cut out and the buttons are very easy to push. The kickstand is nice too in that it provides a really nice viewing angle but feels at times like it will break if forced or pushed back too far. Be gentle people.

Overall its a great case that looks great and provides protection for the phone. Would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice for price, December 11, 2012
Case fits the phone very well. The complaints are with the kickstand. The way the kickstand hinge sits the phone will not lay flat which plays havoc with the screen switching from portrait to landscape.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fosmon HYBO-SK Series PC + TPU Hybrid Kickstand Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II / N7100 - Purple, Blue, December 13, 2012
I read "J. Roman's" review (for the black one) before purchasing these items (2). I was trolling the internet for a case for my phone which would buffet the fall somewhat if I should ever drop it. Based on his exhaustive, in-depth review w/photos, I purchased two of them (he gave the good and the bad), clear blue and clear purple. They took awhile to get here, but they finally did arrive yesterday. I got no surprises. They were exactly as J. Roman had described and photoed. I like them, they fits the Galaxy Note 2 very nicely and I like the way they look on my phone, but the feel is very very nice. The grippers on the side make it fit very snugly in your hand and there is no fear of slippage, leading to dropping and then the dreaded "Oh no, what just happened?". The price is right, the product is as advertised and most important to the consumer, it is as a fellow consumer described. I did not expect it to be an "otter case" but rather something that would give a little protection if it is dropped. The built-up edge is designed to raise the face of the phone enough when it is laying flat so that the screen is protected from touching the surface. I also have one other phone cover; the phone fits into it and is more on the order of a book-cover. I feel good now that I have a couple of options to work with.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor fit, kickstand just okay, December 23, 2012
I received the case today and put it on right away. Took some force to get it to go over the phone as the fit is tight and with half of the back (for kickstand) being stiff plastic and not all TPU it makes it less flexible.
Once I got it on the first thing I noticed was that the *lip* that comes over the face is uneven, specifically it does not come up as far on the bottom edge. Not a deal breaker but provides less protection to the bottom end of the phone (where the chance of impact is greatest in my opinion).
The kickstand hinge obviously makes the phone a little uneven when laying flat, again, not a deal breaker.
The kickstand, when popped out provides adequate support and seems to provide some adjustment for viewing angle, but if pushed to hard (like if you are using the touch screen aggressively) the kickstand will fold back and your device will be (almost) flat on the table.

The price is right (=cheap) but then you are getting your money's worth. If I didn't have such a high-end device and was looking for something to accentuate it's features; I would use this. As it stands, I tried it for 10 minutes and then returned to my all TPU case with no kickstand.
I want the most protection and better build.
I would suggest a case made softer, better fitting, and thick enough on the back to allow the device to lay stable on it's back when the kickstand is retracted.

Just my opinion, Hope it helps someone make a educated decision.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for price. Cheap material but sturdy enough., December 7, 2012
Danielle O (clifton, CO, US) - See all my reviews
This product is great for the price,
Pros-
*Price low
*Tight fitting, almost too tight but just right, once you get it on, The phone wouldn't fit all the way into the case if I stuck it in bottom first then top. So I tried top then bottom of phone and it snapped in.
* The kickstand is awesome, it's not as flimsy as some people make it out to be. I was expecting to touch the phone with the kickstand up and for the kickstand to break off.... but on the contrary it provides ample support, it gives a little with a hard touch, but personally I'm not going to sit there and punch my phone when I use the kickstand, so if your like me you won't have anything to worry about.

Cons- Not really cons just info I would have liked to know before I bought.
*Even though it doesn't say I was under the impression this was an all gel case minus the kickstand. The colored part is a hard gel material and the clear is straight up hard plastic and can get scratched up if dropped.

*Also it doesn't show on this picture but the colored gel sticks to the phone is certain areas creating pockets of air and no pockets creating a darker blue where the phone touches. Its not really a big issue for me, but it does happen.

My advice -- get this case, but don't drop it. Its cheap enough that if you have problems with it, - its not really a big loss and I think anyone who gets this will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, April 10, 2013
This isn't an otterbox, but it was pretty inexpensive, so I can't complain. I love the kickstand feature - I really missed it since switching to the Note from the HTC Evo. The kickstand does seem a bit flimsy. But if it breaks, I can afford to buy a new case.

The frosted clear plastic, which includes the kickstand, is pretty rigid, while the pink plastic has more of a gel feel (yet is not as flimsy as silicone). I really like the feel of the pink part. It helps me get a good grip on the phone.

The cutouts for the stylus, micro USB, microphone, headset jack, and camera are not as precise as some cases I've seen, but they work and don't interfere with operation, at least not on my phone with my accessories.

Overall I'm pleased with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price., November 13, 2012
Added and extra star for the person that only gave it 3 because it wouldn't protect the expensive purchase (buy an otterbox defender if you're planning on dropping your Note 2)

Really, you get what you pay for. This case is a little flimsy and the kickstand doesn't look too durable (hasn't broken yet). However I'm very pleased the the look of the case and it will definitely protect from scratches.

The case is not white and pink (as it looks in the photo). It is clear and pink. The phone in the photo is white. My Note 2 is gray, so looks quite different in this case (metallic/pink instead of white/pink).

For 3 bucks, you cant complain.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most functional case for virtually all situations., May 17, 2013
I have purchased three Fosmon cases for my Galaxy Note II (from light-medium-heavy):

1) Fosmon Dura-S TPU Case: This is a low-profile and portable TPU skin case that is most convenient for people who are always on the go and frequently slip their phones in and out of their pockets. The TPU material will offer ample protection from light indoor drops, bumps and scratches. The case will absorb alot of the impact, but it is highly recommended that you apply a screen protector because the screen is obviously the most vulnerable component of this phone. Like a laminate, the protector film would improve the tensile strength of the glass and equalize the impact of sudden shocks caused by a drop and will protect the screen from sand and other abrasions in your pocket. Unless you need more functions (like a kickstand) or greater physical protection, this is the perfect case.

2) Fosmon SK PC/TPU Hybrid Case (THIS CASE): It is also a low-profile case but has a stiffer hybrid poly-carbonate/TPU shell. As a result, you may have a little bit better physical impact protection compared to the plain TPU case. However, I would definitely still use a screen protector to protect the lcd from scratches and drop impacts. The one additional thing that makes it very attractive is the additional kickstand built into the back. Yes, the kickstand and hinge is flimsy, but since the case profile is so low, that's a compromise you will have to be willing to make. The durability of the kickstand can be good as long as you handle it with care: make sure you support it properly when slowly opening and closing the stand with your fingers (don't just blindly prop it open!). Another complaint you will see is the raised hump caused by the hinge, not allowing the phone to lay completely flat (again a compromise d/t the slim profile); if so, you may need to just get the TPU skin case w/o the kickstand. Also, if your headphone plug is a little thick, just trim open the hole on the case a little bit with a drill bit and it'll be buttery smooth.

3) Fosmon Hybrid PC/Silicone Case: This one is a two piece heavier duty case with a poly-carbonate inner shell and a silicone rubber outer sleeve w/ a stronger built-in kickstand (good for both portrait and landscape positions). Out of the three cases, this one obviously will offer the best protection from more serious drops on the pavement. Also, most of the port openings have covers to offer protection from the elements. But all this protection comes at a price...there are a few drawbacks you have to consider before you decide if it's suitable. 1) It will increase the bulk of your phone (about 2x compared to the TPU skin case). 2) May not be so easy to slip into your pocket. 3) The soft silicone outer sleeve will attract more dust. 4) Due to the increase in thickness, you'll have some issues with accessories, such as docking stations, port access, etc. 5) The case will be more of a hassle to remove in order to replace battery, dock, etc.

So there you have it...a review of all three case styles offering from light to medium to heavy protection. Personally for me, out of the three, this one is my favorite because it offers a good compromise of protection, function, and convenience. I always carry my phone in my pocket (so the heavy case makes this hard) and I frequently stand it in bed to watch Netflix or my videos on XBMC at home (so I definitely need a kickstand). The PC/TPU case also easily pops on and off the phone in an instant in case I need to change batteries or switch over to another case. For those who decide to go without a case....good luck!