Top positive review
60 people found this helpful
on June 26, 2009
I needed a replacement for a chronograph that I lost about a month ago (Fossil FS-4247). I have also been considering a watch with a PU band for a while, and this one delivers almost everything I could want.
- Durable build quality
- Sporty design looks high end for a not-so-high end price
- Split seconds chronograph, date function, and tachymeter
- Luminous hands and markers
- PU band is more like silicone. Very soft, flexible, and comfortable.
- Charcoal contrast stitching in the band is cool
- Fits well and is not too big
- Looks awesome on the wrist
- Styling matches a wide variety of situations and wardrobe color schemes.
- I prefer a larger watch, but this is a more sporty design, so I am more forgiving of the smaller size (though many would still consider this watch large)
- PU band is not as breathable as a leather band. My wrist gets really sticky and sweaty if I go ride my bike with it on. I'm also worried about the durability of the band. However, the woman at the fossil store said she's never heard of one breaking, and it would also be covered under the excellent 11 year warranty if it did.
- Polished steel case sides will eventually scratch. I consider that battle scars, but others might be turned off by it.
- Flat mineral crystal not as resistant to breaking as a domed crystal.
- The flyback function on the chronograph is slow (it takes longer for the chronograph to reset back to 0:00:00 than I would expect ).
- The chronograph buttons are small. This may be a problem for an athlete timing themselves on the go or anyone wearing gloves.