Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fossil Men's CH2573 Decker Stainless Steel Chronograph Watch With Black Silicon Band
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 26, 2009
I needed a replacement for a chronograph that I lost about a month ago (Fossil FS-4247). I have also been considering a watch with a PU band for a while, and this one delivers almost everything I could want.

PROS
- Durable build quality
- Sporty design looks high end for a not-so-high end price
- Split seconds chronograph, date function, and tachymeter
- Luminous hands and markers
- PU band is more like silicone. Very soft, flexible, and comfortable.
- Charcoal contrast stitching in the band is cool
- Fits well and is not too big
- Looks awesome on the wrist
- Styling matches a wide variety of situations and wardrobe color schemes.

CONS
- I prefer a larger watch, but this is a more sporty design, so I am more forgiving of the smaller size (though many would still consider this watch large)
- PU band is not as breathable as a leather band. My wrist gets really sticky and sweaty if I go ride my bike with it on. I'm also worried about the durability of the band. However, the woman at the fossil store said she's never heard of one breaking, and it would also be covered under the excellent 11 year warranty if it did.
- Polished steel case sides will eventually scratch. I consider that battle scars, but others might be turned off by it.
- Flat mineral crystal not as resistant to breaking as a domed crystal.
- The flyback function on the chronograph is slow (it takes longer for the chronograph to reset back to 0:00:00 than I would expect ).
- The chronograph buttons are small. This may be a problem for an athlete timing themselves on the go or anyone wearing gloves.
on October 12, 2010
I love this watch. The description on the Fossil website says it best. I can wear this watch to work with slacks, a shirt and tie. Then work out and go for a bike ride with it and still keep it on for an evening out.

The stop watch is a cool feature and that is what the chronographs are on the face. The top dial (12 o'clock) is 1/10ths of a second, the 9 o'clock is the minutes and the 6 o'clock chronograph is the seconds timer. The band looks great and if you sweat a lot like I do, it can be easily washed and won't absorb odor like a leather band would. Tachymeter is useless unless you had a 1 mile section of runway, road or ocean marked off so you could calculate speed. If you are going less than 60 mph, it won't work either.

The reason for the 4 stars is the hands and markings don't glow in the dark very well. I had this watch "charging" in the direct sunlight for hours. When I got back home and when through the laundry room where it was pitch black, I could barely see the hands and markings on the watch. With all of its cool features, I would think that the glow in the dark hands would show up a little better.

I can't afford a Tag or a Breitling, but this watch is very cool and not to over the top, but doesn't look cheap either.
on July 9, 2010
This watch is really nice especially for the price. I must say, it's not too big nor small and it goes well with anything you wear. No complaints, if you are looking to buy a nice watch but do not want to break the bank. Don't think twice, just go for it, I promise you will get a lot compliments.
on January 5, 2015
It got wet inside in the swimming pool, it supposed soport 100 meters. I want my money back
review image
on December 11, 2013
Great watch. Decent sized face. I have fairly small wrists, so it looks huge on me but its cool. Obviously Fossil is a cheaper watch compared to other watches but they really make an awesome looking watch. I haven't had this watch long enough to comment on battery life but for the price you can't go wrong.
on November 4, 2015
I like the watch except FossiI apparently does not believe in night time back light function. It is irritating to not be able to read the time in the dark. The hands are fluorescent, but only in a pitch dark room with eyes adjusted to the dark. I had to order a different brand because of this. Wish I had noticed that before.
on June 15, 2010
Pros: Well designed, weighted well, working chronograph, price to value.

Cons: Not black, in reasonably bright lighting.

This is a very nice watch. I am a Fossil fan. My last Fossil held out for 5 tough years. It still works, but the mechanism for the second hand has been damaged. I plan on buying another like it (Twist, ME1019). My Decker has a nice weight, feel, & design. It looks like a much more expensive piece. The machine work & polishing, crystal, & overall finish is flawless. I began receiving complements & "where did you buy inquiries" immediately.
My only "complaint", the face & band are not truly black, they are a very, very dark charcoal gray. I would have liked a leather band initially. However, the band is soap & water washable & seems to be very durable. Looks like leather, but will not get the odor over time from sweating. The stitching is also gray & not white.
Overall, I am very satisfied with my purchase & would buy again. I could have bought a more "expensive" watch, but Fossil has given me great bang for my bucks.
on November 22, 2013
I bought this watch right before going on a cruise. This watch spent an entire week in and out of pools, hot tubs, climbing Dunn River Falls, on beaches, in the ocean... and the thing still looks brand new. It's comfortable and fits well and looks sharp.
on March 16, 2015
Bought this for my husband and he loves it. Luckily, I opened it and inspected it before I gave it to him. It was covered in dust and I had to clean it up before I wrapped it. Other than that, it's a great watch.
on June 18, 2015
This watch is outstanding! It looks even BETTER than the pic and it is a very nice quality and perfect size. It's definitely not small but, not at all, too big. The band is very comfortable. You can't go wrong with this watch.