Industrial Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Gifts Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals TheGoodDinosaur Shop Now HTL

on May 31, 2011
This is my first time to buy Fossil watch. First of all, you should be aware of that this watch is very heavy and the bracelet is very easily scratched. I had got it only for couples and already got scratches. I guess it got scratches when I wrapped it making it stand up on my desk. Secondly, the tachymeter bezel is meaningless because the longest hand moving around is second hand instead of chronograph second hand to point out the number on the tachymeter bezel like most other watches do. It is even shown different from the manual that came along. Thirdly, the "FOSSIL" characters are with white color instead of blue color as it might be seen in the picture shown here. Fourthly, the hands are terribly misaligned from the mark. I was pretty disappointed when finding out this.
At last, the look is not too bad if you don't care the truths described above. At least, the time & date is working even though it doesn't give the 100% accuracy. The look is stylish though.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 7, 2011
I must say, I really like this watch. I received this watch as a gift from my girlfriend several months ago. It still looks great and keeps great time. It has that look of more expensive watches, but is much more affordable. The only negatives were: The stopwatch buttons on the side get pressed easily when putting on shirts or jackets, not that bad but annoying. Also the wristband squeaks when it's not worn. It's still a great watch for it's price. I'd like to add that it's surprisingly durable. I've dropped mine several times, and it's still working.
on December 13, 2013
Beautiful watch, even more so live.

I gave it a a three (3) star rating because:

* Awesome design.
* Excellent weight; bracelet not heavy, while the case does have a great weight giving it a sturdy feeling

I took two (2) stars away because:

* It was dead on arrival (DOA). The second count hand was broken
* I also tested out the chronograph and, while it works, it does NOT reset back to zero (0)

Despite the flaws in this particular experience, the watch itself is quite fantastic and elegant.

A BIG suggestion for those new to Amazon, and even those not so new, buy this jewelry DIRECTLY from Amazon, not third parties (sellers) and one can return items without having to pay mailing and being charged a "re-stock" fee.

I am buying it again, from Amazon of course, as it is a present for a dear friend.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Fossil CH2600 Decker Chronograph Black Dial Watch

This is my third Fossil watch, and I am not disappointed. I learned that Fossil's Japanese movements are actually made by either Seiko or Miyota, and that Fossil is licensed to manufacture watches for other luxury brands. There is a 11-year warranty on the movement, which surpasses many other common brands such as Casio and Invicta which mainly have 1-year warranties. Fossil stores will also gladly re-size your Fossil band for free, and change batteries for about ten dollars which includes labor and the actual battery.

The CH2600 has a 10 ATM water resistance, which is about a depth of 100m. Some of the Fossil watches are only 5 ATM, so just be aware of the rating. The band is typical Fossil fare, with a single button depress that I absolutely love! It feels very sturdy and luxurious. Casio and Invicta metal linked bands always feel flimsy and cheap, like they belong on an inexpensive Timex at the department store. Watch snobs have regarded Fossil as being "cheap mall watches" but honestly, unless I am prepared to spend the money for a Citizen EcoDrive or Seiko, the Fossil line does almost the same job with about the same quality.

The CH2600's second hand does not match the tick marks, but it is not a deal breaker. Doing research, many other premium movements may not have the seconds hand match up with the tick marks either. I noticed that Fossil watches tend to run about 3-4 seconds faster per month, and when they start to run slower, the battery probably needs to be changed. The chronograph seconds and minutes hands don't rest at the 12'o clock position, so I had to reset them by pulling out the crown to the 3rd position (adjusting the time) and used the chronograph buttons to adjust the hands.

The tachymeter bezel is mainly for show, because the chronograph seconds hand does not run the circumference of the bezel so it can't be used to measure speed of an object.

The CH2600 watch is polished stainless steel, while the flat surfaces of the band are brushed stainless. The polished surfaces can be scratched or scuffed more easily than the brushed surfaces.

The crown is oversized but recessed, and does not catch on my pocket sleeves or clothing like it does with my CH2809. The CH2600 is noticeably thicker than my other Fossil watches, but it isn't significantly heavier. The band is slightly wider as well, but none of these bother me. The extra heft is actually a bit more assuring.

The Fossil font is very attractive on the dial, and the text is all white in color with a black dial color. These combination offers great contrast and is noticeably refined, I'd recommend it with professional business attire as well as casual business attire.

Overall: 4/5 stars. I've yet to be let down by Fossil and I have yet to find another brand that offers the same quality at this price point. There's a 11-year warranty on the movement, 10 ATM water resistance, and the wrist band is extremely well made. I would give it 5 stars if the big seconds hand could be used in the chronograph made rendering the tachymeter bezel fully functional, and if it were perfectly aligned with the tick marks.

Would I buy another Fossil watch in the future? Definitely.
on March 5, 2014
Part of the watch does not work and I don't know why. I opened the package and put the watch on and did what the directions said but the small hand that ticks that's tells the seconds does not work. I would like it fixed but don't know where to take it or anything to get that fixed and for how much I paid for it I am disappointed that part of it does not work.
on September 1, 2015
I got this watch in my junior year of college (now 4 and a half years ago), and I really enjoyed it. Maybe it was because I was obviously proud of it (I was just starting to actually pay attention to how I look and how I dress myself), but I got a lot of compliments on this watch.

It lasted a few years before the battery died - and then I just stopped wearing it. I decided today to go get the battery replaced, though, so I'll be back wearing it again, soon.

I will say that the bracelet gets scratched easily. Mine would probably look better if I cleaned it more. Due to my long, narrow arms, this watch can look comically big on my wrist (especially compared to my small Seiko 5 that I've been wearing recently), but that's a pretty "me-specific" complaint, and I'm still giving it 5 stars.
on March 9, 2014
I would love the watch but it likes to do this thing where it gets stuck. And I have to tap it to get it to work.
on February 18, 2014
Watch needs a new battery and we just received it. It does not keep time. Did not expect that from a fossil
on June 29, 2014
I already wrote a review of the seller, which was good. But, I'd like to express my absolute satisfaction with pretty much any Fossil watch product. I was recently in need of a replacement for my 17 year old Fossil, so I decided to "upgrade" my watch quality and get a more respected brand - the one that rhymes with "Mako." That watch never seemed to be set to the right time and when the crown pulled free of the watch body after a few months, there was nothing more to think about. I went back to Fossil and I'm so much happier for it. The thing keeps micro-perfect time.
on June 16, 2014
love this watch. looks really expensive and classy. keeps time well. the only bad thing being that the strap attracts scratches, which is not an issue with me, cos' i love scratches etc... i think they add to the style of the watch. the glass on the fossil is however strong, i have dropped it by mistake a couple of times, and it's still intact.