5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch
Published on September 4, 2012 by Adilah

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't meet description
This watch doesn't meet it's description. Band is not stainless steel. It is a pretty watch, but if you're expecting a traditional Fossil heavy stainless band, this is not it.
Published on October 21, 2012 by Jen

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't meet description, October 21, 2012
This review is from: Fossil Women's ES2949 Stainless Steel Analog Brown Dial Watch (Watch)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch, September 4, 2012
I ordered this watch because I got tired to buy cheap watches for everyday use and weeks later the broke on me I realized I was wasting money, I opted instead for a littler bit higher priced watch, cause let's be honest is not an expensive watch but guess what I'm so happy I got this model is beautiful, shows the date, the brown color is different not everybody owns a brown watch, etc is just so much nicer in person I have always loved Fossil and thanks to this cute watch will love it even more, it comes in a Fossil square shaped metal vintage tin wich I just Love, the watch comes with the original fossil tag where it shows the price when the watch first came out wich is doble this price showed in amazon, so I think I got a lot for the money and since is Fossil it makes it even better, I love that the bracelet is very light just had to resize it since I have a small wrist and voila! ")

2.0 out of 5 stars ok, February 5, 2013
within just a couple of months, the glass casing is scratched, and one of the "diamonds" has fallen out. not impressed with durability of this watch. and i take good care of it - take it off if doing something hard - wear it only as "nice" jewelry. sad... :(

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT Stainless Steel, January 28, 2013
I purchased this particular watch because the description stated that the band was Stainless Steel. The watch cannot be Stainless Steel, it is not heavy enough, it feels like pop-can-aluminum. I would have overlooked that flaw if the watch would have been nicer. It feels cheap, and the inner dials are useless as they are too small to read. I have decided to return this watch and try something else.
Another factor in my decision to return this watch was that there was some sort of sticky residue on the watch face that would not wash off easily. I think the "crystal" is plastic, too, which is bizarre.
I absolutely love my 15 year old Fossil watch, and I was hoping for the same quality. Sad.

3.0 out of 5 stars Feels cheap :(, December 27, 2012
I have to agree with one of the other reviews that this watch just doesn't hold up to the typical Fossil feel. Don't know if this is some type of "lightweight" version or something but the band is definitely not the heavy stainless steel one is used to with the Fossil brand and overall it just feels cheap. It's a bummer cause it is a cute watch. I received this as a gift so I am keeping it as I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings and like I said it is cute but had I bought it for myself I would most definitely be returning it for something else!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent watch, August 20, 2012
I bought this watch for my wife. She loved it. Without being the most perfect watch of the world, it's very nice and people make compliments about it. The only thing may be that the numbers, for the date for example, are very small and not easily readable.

3.0 out of 5 stars not all stainless steel, May 30, 2013
no one in particular (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This product description says it is a stainless steel case and band. Definitely NOT so! I have a smaller, similar style Fossil watch (with the stones around the bezel). My old watch weighs a lot more than this larger one, and the case back on my smaller watch says "ALL STAINLESS STEEL". The case back on this watch says "STAINLESS STEEL CASEBACK". So the entire case is not stainless steel. The clasp says "STAINLESS STEEL" and it may be, but it really doesn't feel like it. I suspect it's an aluminum case and aluminum band with a stainless steel caseback and a stainless steel clasp. (I probably could have confirmed this if I'd done my own research on some other websites. There are also some other reviews here on Amazon that said the same thing, so i was sort of already expecting this.) That being said, it is a pretty watch. This watch would be much heavier (maybe too heavy?) if it was all stainless, so maybe the aluminum is a good thing. Another note: the instruction book included with this watch did not actually tell me how to set the different dials, but the correct instructions are available on the fossil website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelente, October 28, 2012
La transacción fue excelente, el vendedor cumplió con lo ofertado, sin ningún tipo de novedad o queja de mi parte.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fossil ES2949, January 10, 2013
The watch was more of a bronze color then brown was not expecting that, and very light because it's aluminum not stainless steel as advertised, but overall not a bad choice.

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT AS GOOD AS IT COULD HAVE BEEN, April 6, 2014
The watch came on time enough. However, there were no instructions on how to work the different circles within the watch. It does tell time.