5.0 out of 5 stars Great accessory
I purchased this lens hood for the 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Alpha E-mount Retractable Zoom Lens on my Sony NEX-6.

This is the the only compatible hood (that pairs with the 16-50) on the market and thankfully it works great.

I can still use a slim 40.5mm UV filter stacked beneath this hood without any vignetting.

The hood ends with a 58mm...
Published 10 months ago by Rites_of_Spring

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality of the lens hood is great, especially since its metal
Quality of the lens hood is great, especially since its metal.

But the lens cap is a bit hard to get on due to a lot of resistance of the springs.
Additionally you cannot use the built-in flash on the Sony A6000 when using this lens hood, as it throws a shadow.
So for indoor flash photography you have to remove the hood.
Published 1 month ago by Rob van Oostenrijk

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great accessory, April 23, 2014
This review is from: Fotasy HS1650 Metal Lens Hood and Lens Cap for Sony E PZ 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS SELP1650 Retractable Zoom Lens (Electronics)

The hood ends with a 58mm thread. Mine included a 58mm center pinch cap and cap keeper.

Seller was very helpful and answered all my questions about the item promptly and thoroughly.

I'm very satisfied with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for my everyday picture taking...., May 25, 2014
Screws in perfectly to my lens that came with my NEX-3. So far, no lens flare in my outdoor shots. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars I am happy with it, November 16, 2014
I am a firm believer in lens hoods for all lenses as they offer protection for the lens and prevention from when shooting towards the sunlight or another light source.

There is a problem with this particular lens on the 16-50 kit lens.since the flash on camera sits so low to the camera, and sometimes cast a shadow over the front of the lens.

Otherwise, I am happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-made metal hood, not plastic., October 7, 2014
Tanu501 (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
Well-made metal hood, not plastic. It is very wide, so it’s impact isn’t all that great, but it will help some with flare and will provide some additional protection for the lens. Threaded perfectly into a UV filter. It also comes with a lens cap that fits the wide end of the hood, so you can keep it on all of the time if there is room in your bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works as described, protect my lens well., June 17, 2014
Use it on a trip, screw this hood on without use UV protector lens, but just the cover. It protected my lens. Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy lens hood and cap that stays put, May 29, 2014
The original lens cap fits poorly and no lens hood standard. The hood is metal and well made, provides some protection for the lens, plus the cap fits tightly and stays on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, April 8, 2014
I am considering if this is really necesary. Anyway the product is good quality and well finished.
With this hood I can not close the camera case, but this is not an issue of this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality lens and hood, February 27, 2014
Like I said , quality is good. But it was not in line with my expectations. Cap is designed to be mounted to hood, not the lens. My small lenses become suddenly big with this attachment. Hood itself doesn't provide any visible benefits against side light. So I am not sure what benefit did I get, when I bought this set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, February 18, 2014
I lost the Sony 40.5 mm lens cap on a recent vacation. No surprise, a slight breeze could make it come loose. This metal screw-in lens hood allows use of 49mm filters on my Sony e-16-50mm lens. Hood was a little fiddly to get screwed in, but once the threads lined up it went on & stays on. The new lens cap comes with a retainer cord.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch quality, January 20, 2014
Carlos (Barranquilla, Colombia) - See all my reviews
For the price one could hardly guess that this thing arrives in a set with extra replacement parts, a cap with its corresponding safety cord, and the thing is made of turned metal! Just what I was looking for, a high quality low price lens cap for the Sony E mount SELP1655!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›