4.0 out of 5 stars Good deal Carry Sling
Published on August 24, 2012 by Big Buy

2.0 out of 5 stars It was great while it lasted
I owned the Carry Speed Cs-1 MK II Camera Sling Strap prior to this and I've seen the basic Black Rapid strap in person.

Published on September 19, 2012 by Gil

4.0 out of 5 stars Good deal Carry Sling, August 24, 2012
This review is from: Fotasy NSQF Anti-Slip Sling Neck Strap with Rapid Fasten, Comfort, Ergonomic Design (Black) (Electronics)
I purchased this strap recently to provide another carry option for my Canon 7D with 70-200mm L 4 lens. I was concerned after reading several reviews on similar low priced products which showed periodic fastener failure- the horror of losing several thousand dollars of equipment to a faulty part is hard to take. Anyway, after pondering the situation and reading the seller's description, I decided to go with this product. The strap was easy to attach to the camera and seemed sturdy: it wore well, also. I pulled on the fastener to test possible strength, durability and construction quality. No failure noted. So far, all is well. It appears as though the product will live up to its billing of being tested to 150 pounds load capacity - at least enough strength to carry most camera/lens combinations without apparatus failure. I still periodically check the screw to ensure that it is tight, secure, and appropriately placed. The hook is starting to flake but this appears to be cosmetic only. Because of this, I rated the the strap four stars. I can live with this product and be contented as its performance appears to live up to its billing. This is a convenient product that makes carrying a dslr a little easier. It's well worth the price of admission.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not too bulky, makes camera lightweight, and secondary strap keeps it secure!, December 26, 2013
I love this strap! I did a lot of research into which camera strap to buy. I travel a lot and also photograph portrait sessions and weddings. I wanted something that was versatile for my different photography. It was also important to have something sturdy for my $2000+ equipment. I did not want to risk having my camera drop on the ground. I also didn't want something that cost $60+. I am a petite female and was also considering the female specific styles since I figured they would be more comfortable for me. I decided to order the Fotasy and compare it to the more expensive/highly recommended and well-known brand to see which one I liked better. This was the clear winner! First, it was about 1/8 of the price. Second, it is very comfortable. I didn't find any issues with this strap being a non-female-specific design. Third, the screw was very secure. I walked around all day with the camera and it never budged. Fourth, I love the fact that it has that second strap that goes under your armpit for a number of reasons. One reason why I love it is because it keeps the camera really secure. I am active and I also like to climb up on chairs, stools, whatever to get different angles in my photography. This second strap makes sure that it doesn't fall off your arm. I also love it because it gives you another level of security when you are walking in the city. I travel to third world countries and am also conscious of people who might try to steal your camera or drive by on a motorbike and grab it. I really liked the security of the second strap and found that it was comfortable.

The strap also folded up and fit inside my camera bag (lowepro passport sling bag) while it was still attached to the camera. I never had to take the strap off the camera during my trip.

All in all, this was exactly what I was looking for at a bargain price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Alternative To The Over-Priced Name Brands, August 10, 2013
Although it's essentially a Black Rapid knock-off the construction is still top notch. The screw-mount for the camera is solid metal with a rubber washer. Although the carabiner isn't climbing quality, it's solid and has a screw lock. The shoulder pad is comfortable and contoured to fit the shoulder. The under-the-arm retainer helps remove a lot of pressure from the shoulder, which makes it easy to carry all day. My only complaint is that the sling is designed to be used on the left shoulder and because the buckles and straps are all attached on the top side of the shoulder pad, it makes it where it can't comfortably be flipped over to be used on right shoulder.

5.0 out of 5 stars Throw away your SLR strap and get one of these, February 12, 2014
I am an amateur photographer and often shoot out in the field. At my photography club meeting a friend of mine mentioned this strap. I have recently purchased a Canon 70 D and had used the strap that came with it which was uncomfortable especially when walking around.

This is one of those things that you don't know how great it is until you have one. This strap allows you to "wear" the camera on your hip. I can now walk around very easily. Also the strap is not my neck so I expect in the summertime this would be cooler.

I'm sold, this is a solid upgrade to my camera bag for very little money.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Sling is the Bomb!!!!, May 14, 2013
I bought this sling because the Nikon strap is a pain in the neck and is very inconvenient when walking long distances or standing for a long time. This strap alleviated all neck pain. You can hardly tell that your camera is strapped to your side.

I highly recommend this device for anyone that likes to walk and take pictures.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy on the neck and shoulders, March 16, 2013
Quality seems decent. The under-arm clip is useful and secures the camera strap so it won't accidentally swing. This strap looks to be a copy of a very popular sports strap. I haven't had my strap for long, so I can't really comment on the quality. The Tripod mount screw is beefy. Just make sure you secure it firmly only the base of your camera.

My only complaint is the sliding clips that "lock" the camera to your side. They are thin plastic clips and the tabs are difficult to lock /unlock. This prevents me from sliding the lock tabs quick enough and sometimes lose the shot because I had to focus so much on getting the tab open.

2.0 out of 5 stars It was great while it lasted, September 19, 2012
Gil (Hillsdale, NJ United States) - See all my reviews

One thing that this strap has over the two that I've mentioned is the shape of the shoulder pad. Because it is angled/contoured, it sits very comfortable on the shoulder and the non slip grip prevents it from sliding around. This was a constant annoyance with the Carry Speed.

The stainless steel tripod mount screw that it comes seems to be made of quality materials, though one other review indicated that the surface was rubbing off. The reviews for the screw are otherwise positive:
EzFoto Stainless Steel Screw for Quick Release Neck Strap, R-Strap

-- Update 10/16 -- The threaded part that locks the D-Ring has stripped on me and it no longer tightens properly. It can no longer be trusted. Contacted the seller, but they won't just send a replacement D-Ring. I am returning this item to Amazon for a refund.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good strap, bad carabiner., November 7, 2014
I have used this strap for a couple of weeks, mostly for night club photography, so nothing too extreme. It was great while it lasted, especially the ergonomic shape of the shoulder pad and the second strap that keeps it from sliding towards your neck. Very comfortable to wear, although the strap itself could have been a bit broader. The quality of the strap is very decent for its price, BUT that does not apply to the carabiner/hook. I read that it flakes after some time, which i could have lived with. But what i didn't anticipate was that the catch for the gate (the non-moving part at the opening) would break off, leaving me with a gate that is always open, as i can't even screw the sleeve over the tip of the hook anymore.
It was a great strap while it lasted, but now i don't feel comfortable using it anymore.

5.0 out of 5 stars As comfortable and functional as the big brands, March 24, 2014
Previously I had been using a neck strap, but slinging it over my shoulder so it would rest at my hip. But the problem was that it required moving the entire strap across my body as I raise the camera (which is impossible in a big suede winter coat!). Furthermore, I wanted to take my camera with me on bike rides, but again the strap was simply too cumbersome.

The Fotasy strap solves everything. It's very comfortable, and it allows for the camera to glide up across my chest without moving the strap itself. There are two little locks to keep the camera in place when moving about. I typically lock the one behind/under the camera and leave the other lock free, allowing the camera to move freely in only one direction. As for the connection to the camera, the little tripod screw does a great job. It screws in tight and feels very secure. It doesn't appear to be doing any harm to the tripod thread.

The little carabiner that attaches to the screw head is great. It locks to prevent it from accidentally opening, but if you need to take the camera off you can simply open up the carabiner. This is great because you don't ever have to take the strap off. You can wear it all day and simply remove the camera when you need too. And if you use more than one camera, you could buy an additional screw piece and leave it attached for quick switching.

I was considering the Black Rapid Metro Strap before this, but for half the price (and based on good reviews) I decided to give this a try. I'm convinced that the Metro Strap couldn't possibly be any more comfortable or functional than this one. If you're looking for something heavy duty, for carrying multiple cameras and accessories for extended periods of time, then this strap will not be enough by itself. Other brands make pro-level gear. But if you just need something sturdy and practical for holding a DSLR, this is the one you ought to get.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing strap with an amazing price, March 26, 2013
Erica (DeRidder LA USA) - See all my reviews
my only complaint is that the strap does not have any pockets like the black rapid strap. The strap is durable comfortable and one of the best purchases made recently for my camera.