Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Style: Ergo Neck Strap|Color: Black|Change

on August 24, 2012
I purchased this strap recently to provide another carry option for my Canon 7D with 70-200mm L 4 lens. I was concerned after reading several reviews on similar low priced products which showed periodic fastener failure- the horror of losing several thousand dollars of equipment to a faulty part is hard to take. Anyway, after pondering the situation and reading the seller's description, I decided to go with this product. The strap was easy to attach to the camera and seemed sturdy: it wore well, also. I pulled on the fastener to test possible strength, durability and construction quality. No failure noted. So far, all is well. It appears as though the product will live up to its billing of being tested to 150 pounds load capacity - at least enough strength to carry most camera/lens combinations without apparatus failure. I still periodically check the screw to ensure that it is tight, secure, and appropriately placed. The hook is starting to flake but this appears to be cosmetic only. Because of this, I rated the the strap four stars. I can live with this product and be contented as its performance appears to live up to its billing. This is a convenient product that makes carrying a dslr a little easier. It's well worth the price of admission.
0Comment| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2013
I love this strap! I did a lot of research into which camera strap to buy. I travel a lot and also photograph portrait sessions and weddings. I wanted something that was versatile for my different photography. It was also important to have something sturdy for my $2000+ equipment. I did not want to risk having my camera drop on the ground. I also didn't want something that cost $60+. I am a petite female and was also considering the female specific styles since I figured they would be more comfortable for me. I decided to order the Fotasy and compare it to the more expensive/highly recommended and well-known brand to see which one I liked better. This was the clear winner! First, it was about 1/8 of the price. Second, it is very comfortable. I didn't find any issues with this strap being a non-female-specific design. Third, the screw was very secure. I walked around all day with the camera and it never budged. Fourth, I love the fact that it has that second strap that goes under your armpit for a number of reasons. One reason why I love it is because it keeps the camera really secure. I am active and I also like to climb up on chairs, stools, whatever to get different angles in my photography. This second strap makes sure that it doesn't fall off your arm. I also love it because it gives you another level of security when you are walking in the city. I travel to third world countries and am also conscious of people who might try to steal your camera or drive by on a motorbike and grab it. I really liked the security of the second strap and found that it was comfortable.

The strap also folded up and fit inside my camera bag (lowepro passport sling bag) while it was still attached to the camera. I never had to take the strap off the camera during my trip.

All in all, this was exactly what I was looking for at a bargain price.
on November 7, 2014
I have used this strap for a couple of weeks, mostly for night club photography, so nothing too extreme. It was great while it lasted, especially the ergonomic shape of the shoulder pad and the second strap that keeps it from sliding towards your neck. Very comfortable to wear, although the strap itself could have been a bit broader. The quality of the strap is very decent for its price, BUT that does not apply to the carabiner/hook. I read that it flakes after some time, which i could have lived with. But what i didn't anticipate was that the catch for the gate (the non-moving part at the opening) would break off, leaving me with a gate that is always open, as i can't even screw the sleeve over the tip of the hook anymore.
It was a great strap while it lasted, but now i don't feel comfortable using it anymore.
review image
55 comments| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2013
Although it's essentially a Black Rapid knock-off the construction is still top notch. The screw-mount for the camera is solid metal with a rubber washer. Although the carabiner isn't climbing quality, it's solid and has a screw lock. The shoulder pad is comfortable and contoured to fit the shoulder. The under-the-arm retainer helps remove a lot of pressure from the shoulder, which makes it easy to carry all day. My only complaint is that the sling is designed to be used on the left shoulder and because the buckles and straps are all attached on the top side of the shoulder pad, it makes it where it can't comfortably be flipped over to be used on right shoulder.
on February 12, 2014
I am an amateur photographer and often shoot out in the field. At my photography club meeting a friend of mine mentioned this strap. I have recently purchased a Canon 70 D and had used the strap that came with it which was uncomfortable especially when walking around.

This is one of those things that you don't know how great it is until you have one. This strap allows you to "wear" the camera on your hip. I can now walk around very easily. Also the strap is not my neck so I expect in the summertime this would be cooler.

I'm sold, this is a solid upgrade to my camera bag for very little money.
on July 22, 2014
I bought this strap for my three week trip to Europe. Everyone had positive reviews, and the price was right. Unfortunately, the carabiniere that holds the camera broke apart on Day 2 of my trip. Fortunately I noticed the failure as I was just about to let go of the camera and caught it. The strap itself is great, fits my very comfortably, but the defect in the fastener is really really scary. Had I not noticed that it came apart, I would have dropped my 60D with a 24-105mm f/4L straight on to the concrete in front of Vittorio Emanuele II monument in Rome. I reinserted the two pieces back together, but now they just come apart freely.

Now I'm stuck with a broken strap for the rest of my trip which is really disappointing. My attempts to hack the fastener back together have just made me more frustrated as the strap relies on the camera to be hanging perfectly centered. Without the original fastener, a regular carabiniere just twists the strap and makes it very frustrating to use.

I understand the motto of "you get what you pay for", but I didn't expect it to last 1 day. Waste of money. Will be contacting the seller for a refund.
on May 14, 2013
I bought this sling because the Nikon strap is a pain in the neck and is very inconvenient when walking long distances or standing for a long time. This strap alleviated all neck pain. You can hardly tell that your camera is strapped to your side.

I highly recommend this device for anyone that likes to walk and take pictures.
on June 18, 2015
--Update--
Added photos of my modifications to not use the bottom tripod screw mount. Also has the additional tether hooked up to the opposite strap hook post. Camera used in photo is the Nikon D750 with attached 28-300mm lens. It's not exactly quick release with the tether on there, but I feel that it is very secure on the strap now.

--Original review--
This is a VERY comfortable strap to use. I really like having the weight of my camera on my shoulder rather than on the back of my neck. It's also nice having the camera at my side rather than bouncing around on my stomach while walking. I've used this strap for two all day photo outings now and am very happy with it after tweaking it a bit more to my liking.

I'm not really using the strap the way it was designed. I have a Nikon d750 with a couple of heavy lenses so I don't trust hanging the camera upside down by the tripod screw which isn't designed for that kind of stress. So instead, I'm not using the mounting hardware that came with the strap. I put together a couple of carabiners hooked up to one of the cameras dedicated strap posts. I'm also using this separate tether as a backup. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HVT2D4Y Can't be too careful!

I'm not using the strap that goes under your arm as I didn't feel it really added any stability for me. The good thing is that you can completely remove that strap if you don't want to use it.

So even though I'm not using it as intended, the fact that you can kind of customize this strap makes it a great purchase, especially for the price. If you're interesting in this type of strap but don't trust the tripod screw mounting to hold up over time, this is the strap for you since it is very customizable.
review image review image
on March 16, 2013
Quality seems decent. The under-arm clip is useful and secures the camera strap so it won't accidentally swing. This strap looks to be a copy of a very popular sports strap. I haven't had my strap for long, so I can't really comment on the quality. The Tripod mount screw is beefy. Just make sure you secure it firmly only the base of your camera.

My only complaint is the sliding clips that "lock" the camera to your side. They are thin plastic clips and the tabs are difficult to lock /unlock. This prevents me from sliding the lock tabs quick enough and sometimes lose the shot because I had to focus so much on getting the tab open.
on May 28, 2014
First of all, If you've never tried to use one of these style camera straps, just order it, It's worth it.
Second, I don't know if it's my copy or if they're all like that, but after a day of heavy use, the chrome paint that they used on the rapid fastener started to chip off, and showered my camera in what was effectively glitter; I was furious - what if that junk had gotten in to my camera? Dust is bad but glitter? It's insane that they thought It was remotely ok to use metallic paint on a joint with this for the purpose of being used with optical equipment.

To explain further:
The part that screws in to the camera from what I can tell is actually made of stainless steel, but the hook that connects in to that is apparently just some cheaper metal pained to look like it's stainless steel, the thing that gets to me about that is that it really doesn't matter to me what the hook looks like, as long as it works, and I for one would personally prefer that it looks like scrap metal brown rather than have the paint flake off on to my camera.

How it works:
I can't say this enough, I love how this works, I just hate how one part of it was built (frankly enough to give it a 1star rating if I didn't love it other wise). When you first get it, you will need to take the little metal and rubber screw and twist it in to the bottom of your camera, then you will put the strap on, buckle the anti-slip strap under your arm, clip the hook in to the loop that you screwed in to your camera, then that's it, your camera will hang at your side always at the ready. it makes it feel much lighter, and you can pull your camera up and shoot faster than any other strap I've tried.

And that's what I love about it, It's fast, your camera hangs upside down, and right where your hand falls normally so it's easy to grip and get back to shooting. Unfortunately what makes this a speed demon, also compounds that problem i was talking about earlier, because it's hanging upside down, those little metal flakes fall all over you camera as the 'stainless steel' quick release scrapes it off of the hook.

Would I recommend this to a friend?
I'd probably just loan them mine, so they can get a feel as to if they like the style of this strap before recommending that they buy a from a different brand with higher build standards. Would I recommend you buy it? I mean it's a great design I'm just not sure if the risk of getting glitter in your camera is worth the cost savings, I would say think about it, and if you do get it, buy some sand paper at the same time, and fix this one big glittering flaw.

**Summery**
In short, I would rate this camera strap 5 Stars for design, but 1 Star for showering my camera in glitter.