4.0 out of 5 stars As good as the real thing
While this product does not look exactly like the product it is imitating, I think the quality is evident and the price is certainly much better. It appears to be a solidly manufactured piece. Why pay more? Two of these with shipping are less than the price of one of the branded units. As a previous reviewer stated: no brainer.
Published on May 4, 2012 by William R. Roehrig

2.0 out of 5 stars CAUTION Please don't make this mistake!
This is NOT OEM and also it did not come with a cleaning cloth. It's poorly made with threads that are a bit tight. I compared it with the original Fotasy attachment and this is a bit thinner and the rubber part is really thin. I was really skeptical of putting this on my Nikon 70-200 f2.8 VR II with my D800 body.

I ended up doing it and for the first hour of...
Published 13 months ago by Albert W.

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as the real thing, May 4, 2012
William R. Roehrig (Phillipsburg, New Jersey USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fotasy NSQS Stainless Steel Screw with Fotasy Premier Cleaning Cloth for Quick Release Neck Strap, R-Strap (Silver/Black) (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars excelent, January 9, 2013
its aeasy to use, great design, highly recommended for photographers who carry more than one camera, easy to disengage very practical

5.0 out of 5 stars WORKS GREAT with "Quick" designed shoulder straps., January 2, 2013
This is very nearly a knockoff of the Black Rapid design. Would absolutely recommend it - even though it cost about $7 - over the mounting plate that is included with similar straps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and effective, December 7, 2012
Does exactly what is says it does for a very affordable price. Don't believe the overpriced hype, this will do the job just fine!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can be tightly screwed, secure, November 3, 2012
KL (San Jose, CA) - See all my reviews
I used this to replace the screw-in plate of the RainbowImaging neck strap I got because the plate would get hit/knocked around and become loose so I feared much that my camera is going to drop...

I am able to tightly screwed this on to the camera. So far, it never turns easily or gets loose so I can feel confident that this is secure enough to have my camera dangling from the neck strap.

Well worth the few bucks to protect my camera and my peace of mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, November 24, 2012
the product was received within combined. fair price. is very useful and really serves the purpose advertised. is very useful. i recomend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, June 16, 2012
I didn't want to buy a Black Rapid. Why? Because I already have an existing shoulder strap. So I adapted it with a heavy duty locking carabiner and this item. Been working great for over a year under all sorts of use and abuse.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, February 25, 2013
M.Jaeger (San Francisco, California) - See all my reviews
I was hesitant to buy this type of product since I heard that the BlackRapid one would come undone unexpectedly causing their camera to fall (!!) but for the price I thought I would try it! However, I used it with the OP/Tech sling and tied one of the two straps to the screw and one to the regular camera strap hooks on my camera - failsafe! So this way my camera doesn't twirl by my side and unscrew. Works well so far but you have to unscrew it if you want to set your camera down on a tabletop, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and Sturdy, February 22, 2013
I have this attached to my quick strap, its a lot small then the one that comes with the actual strap. Its easy to screw on and made of really sturdy metal. If you have a vertical grip, it does fit a little better on your hand when youre shooting. its a good $7 buy for your camera

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper, just as good., February 22, 2013
It's a simple product that does a simple job cheaper than the name brand. No reason not to buy it.