Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on May 4, 2012
While this product does not look exactly like the product it is imitating, I think the quality is evident and the price is certainly much better. It appears to be a solidly manufactured piece. Why pay more? Two of these with shipping are less than the price of one of the branded units. As a previous reviewer stated: no brainer.
on June 16, 2012
I didn't want to buy a Black Rapid. Why? Because I already have an existing shoulder strap. So I adapted it with a heavy duty locking carabiner and this item. Been working great for over a year under all sorts of use and abuse.
on January 2, 2013
This is very nearly a knockoff of the Black Rapid design. Would absolutely recommend it - even though it cost about $7 - over the mounting plate that is included with similar straps.
on November 3, 2012
I used this to replace the screw-in plate of the RainbowImaging neck strap I got because the plate would get hit/knocked around and become loose so I feared much that my camera is going to drop...

I am able to tightly screwed this on to the camera. So far, it never turns easily or gets loose so I can feel confident that this is secure enough to have my camera dangling from the neck strap.

Well worth the few bucks to protect my camera and my peace of mind.
on March 26, 2014
Bought this to replace the screw and mount which came with the "CowboyStudio Quick Neck Shoulder Camera Sling Belt Strap for Canon Nikon". When I first wrote a review, I gave the product 5 stars for doing what it's supposed to do.

No matter what, these screws can come loose. They need to be constantly checked. Failure to do so can lead to your precious equipment falling to the ground and becoming damaged or junk.

There is no holy grail solution to guarantee otherwise. So don't waste your time searching for something else if this is what you need. At least this screw is solid metal.
on November 24, 2012
the product was received within combined. fair price. is very useful and really serves the purpose advertised. is very useful. i recomend.
on January 9, 2013
its aeasy to use, great design, highly recommended for photographers who carry more than one camera, easy to disengage very practical
on December 7, 2012
Does exactly what is says it does for a very affordable price. Don't believe the overpriced hype, this will do the job just fine!
on December 7, 2013
This is NOT OEM and also it did not come with a cleaning cloth. It's poorly made with threads that are a bit tight. I compared it with the original Fotasy attachment and this is a bit thinner and the rubber part is really thin. I was really skeptical of putting this on my Nikon 70-200 f2.8 VR II with my D800 body.

I ended up doing it and for the first hour of the shoot it was fine but when I was taking a break, I felt the lens drop... fortunately I was holding on to my camera at the time or else I would have had a $5,000 mess on my hands. The attachment point unscrewed itself due the the harder and thinner rubber washer. I am very disappointed.

Spend more money on a better attachment point or use red Loctite to securely attach it to your tripod mount. The actual metal seems fine but always be sure to contently check if the screw is in all the way.
11 comment3 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2013
5 stars for well built solid piece of metal. Very nice rubber washer that holds it on to your camera tight. Tightened down nice does not move. I put it through it's paces. I trust it with my $3,000+ outfit. I will make sure I check it every time for tightness. Just part of the routine. What ever came with your strap throw it away use this and have no regrets. Who uses a tripod any more? Digital cameras set right, VR or IS lens should be able to get the shot hand held. For the times I use a tripod or monopod. I mount it before I leave home and carry it to the site that way. Not a big deal to whine about. I carry the least amout of equipment I can. I'm in it for the fun. ; )

See 1 answered question