Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on August 4, 2013
Sounded like a neat item. I made the purchase in a sort of a "Why didn't I think of that" moment. Reality is, slipping the lens cap into the stretchy, elastic pocket on my new Lowepro TopLoader Pro case is much faster and easier. I blame myself for the bad purchase. I know better. I hate the finicky seating of caps on lenses. This only doubles the irritation. The strap attachment "arms" make for a cumbersome hunk of plastic waiting to scratch skin or equipment.

Product idea/improvement for the maker: a rigid disc, the diameter of the lens cap, with a high tension clip on the back (to attach to camera or bag strap, eliminating the rigid "arms"). On top of the disc: Soft, stretchy material is open at the end creating a pocket to slip the cap into. Far less fine motor skills needed to operate. Much less real estate occupied. No exposed hard plastic.
22 comments21 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2013
The only problem I have with this item is that it can only hold one size of lens cap per side. So even though it says it holds two sizes, you have to reverse the buckle to switch sizes...not really a big deal, but it would be nice if it could accomodate different diameter caps with multiple rings on one side (this design may not be possible with the relavtively small diameter differences between each cap).

But overall this is great, it clips right on your camera strap and you don't have to think about where to put your lens cap while shooting and you don't have it hanging from your camera with a string just dangling there awkwardly.
on August 30, 2013
The inside of the ring, where the lens cap clamps, should be threaded, scored, or knurled. As it is smooth, lens caps pop off too easily. Nice concept, not quite ready for use.
on July 11, 2013
There is a story about how it took 17 years after putting a man on the moon to put wheels on suitcases. Like wheels this is a great product whose time has come! Why did it take so long to invent something like this? Why didn't Nikon include this with the original camera purchase? I was always fiddling with my lens cap trying to figure out where to put it when using the camera. Not any longer. This cap holder is so great that I expect to see it being shipped with every new camera from every camera maker in the near future. Good job!
on January 8, 2014
The device works as advertised. Your mileage may vary but for me, frankly, it's faster to simply stash the cap in a pocket rather than fiddle around and snap it to the holder. The cap popped off on me once or twice, I saw it so did not lose the cap. My fault for not making sure it was snapped in correctly, still there is a risk of losing the cap. Also the holder is a bit "clunky" on the strap, it can't be on the part of the strap that rests on your shoulder. And when storing the camera in a bag or case, care must be taken not to whack the camera with the lens holder.
on May 12, 2014
The lens buckle is well made and useful. I put one on my Nikon D60 strap. I will purchase a couple more for my D700 camera carrying holster. I am always misplacing my lens caps. This has prevented it.

The item is easy to attach to the strap.The lens cap fastens securely to the buckle. As I have 52mm, 58mm and 67mm lens, I don't need to buy a buckle for each lens cap.

Well worth the price. Shipping is quick. I received the item a week after I placed the order.
on January 28, 2014
This fits my Black Rapid strap perfectly, stays in place, and doesn't fall off. The engineering, however, leaves something to be desired. The front fits 2 sizes of caps and the back fits another, so when I switch between my 50mm and 85mm I have to take it off the strap and reverse it (the strap goes over the back of it so no you can't just snap it on the back). I'll stick to putting the caps in my pocket for now.
on January 2, 2014
I have an original Nikon cap. It will hold but not as securely as on the lens itself. It could possibly get dislodged from this holder during stowage and then you're stuck without the cap. Your mileage may vary with the camera brand cap you are using. I'm sticking to the little round lens cap adhesive holder.
on November 23, 2013
it holds the cameras lens cover but you have to chose which side to use, I use more than one lens size, so I need access to both sides, so I have to hook only one of the strap loops so I can access both sides of the buckle to fit both lens cover sizes. Its a poor design.
on November 21, 2013
Lens cap not super snug in the holder so it pops out easily. Depending on the activity while taking pictures its fine. But if something bumpy or taking the camera strap over my head, the cap pops off.