Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 29, 2014
I have a 60D and this little remote worked perfectly! A few things:
-On the back of the remote, there's a little switch on the left side with 2 options ("2" and a circle) - slide it to "2"
-You have to set your drive mode to the 2 second delay option
-Pull the little plastic tab off (protecting the battery) before using. Duh.
-You have to stand right in front of the camera (or at least place the remote in front of the camera if you're not taking a selfie)
-it DOES auto focus your camera based on your selected autofocus point
-it DOES NOT have the "half press" button…once it's pressed down, your camera will automatically focus on the focus point and take the picture in one sweep.

Other things:
It's super cute and small and you can easily hide it in the palm of your hand.
It's plastic, but somewhat durable plastic (for the price, it's still totally worth it)
It comes with a cute little carrying pouch. Nice touch.
You have to smile when taking a selfie or else your picture doesn't turn out as nice.
55 comments| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 15, 2014
We are getting a 15'-20' range with this and fresh batteries. It took a little while to figure out how to get the camera to recognize the remote. On the SL1 go to menu, look at the timer options and you'll see an icon that shows a remote and a symbol that looks similar to a wifi signal symbol. Select that and it's connected.
55 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 27, 2014
It took me a minute to figure out how to use the remote since it didn't work at first when I just pointed it at the camera and clicked. But after I reviewed several other questions/answers I got it going. For other novices out there, here's what I had to do to get it to work with my Canon SL1:
1 Remove the plastic thing from inside the remote.
2. Flip the switch on the back of the remote to "2"
3. Go to the "timer" section of your camera and choose remote/10sec (I chose the remote/2sec at first, but it didn't work for me. The 10 sec option seems to work in 2 sec though. go figure...)
4. point the remote at the front of the camera and click (off to either side of the front works for me).
5. in 2 sec it will take a photo
Pretty exciting!
If you're feeling adventurous, I also changed the manual setting as well:
1. In manual mode, go to the time section and choose "remote/10sec"
2. Go the aperture setting and scroll all the way to the left till you get to "bulb"
3. Then you click the remote twice. Once to open the lens and start taking the picture, and then again to close the lens.
I'm going to Iceland this winter and hope to photograph the northern lights. I think this is going to work perfect! All suggestions welcome though!
on December 18, 2013
Hands down to the seller. Super lightening delivery, and better than described product.

I was a little skeptical at first to purchase the remote because I felt if it wasn't from Canon it must be a fake, especially at the low price. However what the heck?
Wow! It works just as well as the Canon Remote, if not better, plus it's a great buy. You can't go wrong with this one.
on July 3, 2014
When using this with a Canon 6D, this remote works a bit differently than a Canon RC-6 does. You must set the Drive Mode on the camera to either of the Self Timer settings (but it doesn't matter which one you use). The little slide switch on the back of the remote controls whether you get immediate shutter release or a 2-second delay. There is no way to get a 10-second delay.
on June 13, 2014
It is very convenient to be able to trigger the camera without touching it or with a cable. The remote has a switch for instant or two second delay photos. Since the remote has to be pointed at the front of the camera, I don't know who would ever use instant since it'll capture you with your hand or arm sticking out.

There is a bit of physical feedback from pressing the button but no noise or light, just the shuttering of the camera.

I wish the remote had a power off switch so if the button became pressed while it was stored, it won't kill the battery.

The remote came with a battery and a little storage pouch. Nice touches.
on October 22, 2014
When I bought my T5i, I was already experienced with the Canon line of digital SLR's. I knew what accessories would be meaningful and more or less bought the camera and accessories all at the same time. Then comes the familiarity phase. I was very pleasantly surprised at how well this FotoTech shutter release was to use, right out of the box. It does precisely what it is advertised, cleanly and easily. I like that. Life is too short to spend excess time reading instructions when the product can be so easily interpreted. I have not mentioned price, but it is astonishingly low-priced for this type of product. Enjoy!
on December 30, 2013
Fast shipping, very easy to use, I took it right out of the package and my canon 60D recognized it right away!
on March 14, 2015
I recently purchased a T5 I Canon camera. I wanted to be able to take photos with the remote control and this works. It is a little bit tricky you do have to make sure that the remote control is pointing at the camera at the perfect angle otherwise no picture will be taken. That is the downside but the upside is that if you are at the right angle you can you can deathly have your picture taken without reaching across to press the shutter button. I thought it was a decent deal. It comes with a small case if you wanted to put it in the casing carry it around in your bag with you but for me I don't use the case at all. I do wish that the remote worked at different angles
on November 18, 2014
This works great with my Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi / EOS 400D. I wanted to be able to put the camera on a tripod and take some family pictures, especially one for our family Christmas card. I am very happy with the product and with FotoTech. They are a great company to deal with and have fantastic Customer Support. I highly recommend this for all compatible cameras and highly recommend FotoTech too!