Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on June 21, 2012
I just received a replacement 5x7 chromakey blue-green screen from Fotodiox, even though I have already processed a refund for the defective first screen I purchased. I was pleased when I first contacted Fotodiox about the broken wire frame on the first screen, because they indicated a replacement would be sent out asap. Unfortunately they were out of stock for that screen and after a few weeks, I complained about the wait, and received a refund through Amazon. I believed that was the end of the story, until I received the replacement screen just a few days ago, and unfortunately I cannot return the defective screen because it cannot be folded back up again.
Unsure of the next step, I have written to the Seller here on Amazon asking for direction.
I still believe these types of screens are the best, if and I repeat, IF you fold them up properly. There are many video instructions online to assist in that quest, but folding them improperly can be devastating. Oh and by the way, if the frame breaks, you need to be careful of the ends of the broken frame because they can be sharp. I taped mine and am still able to use at least a part of the screen depending on the shoot.

On June 21st, I received an email from Fotodiox explaining they did not know of the Amazon-initiated refund, or would have not shipped a replacement screen. However, in the same email, they did indicate I may keep the screen since this was not my fault. A very generous position by foftdiox indeed. I honestly believe that this is one those rare vendors (sellers) who know exactly how to treat their customers, even when it costs them some money. Great prices! Excellent products, and obviously OUTSTANDING customer service!
on February 23, 2013
I'm a Visual Effects Artist ([...]) so I know a few things about green screens and this Is a fantastic buy if you're on a budget! At first I was worried about the green/blue not being the right colors but they're perfect. I pulled a great key from both sides. The screen's metal frame gives it quit a bit of weight. I was expecting for it to be flimsy lighter but it's not and I'm glad. If my shot requires me to walk with the screen it maintains it's shape and doesn't bend.

Folding this thing may be a pain because there are no directions in the box. but if you pay attention to the way you unfold it you should be able to refold it. If not just youtube "How to fold 5x7 green screen". :)

Ok so I bought this kit thinking the stand wouldn't be worth much but I was dead wrong. For $89.00 I not only got a really nice size screen but a well built, sturdy stand as well. The telescoping stand is metal and the clamps are plastic with metal screw knobs. Don't worry though, the clamps are great and doesn't feel cheap or slip at all. The clip that holds the screen up is plastic with a spring clip to hold it in place. feels good as well.

So the reason why I gave this 4 stars and not 5 is because if you have a light pointed at the back of it or if you place the screen in front of a window, the light will show through and It will make keying difficult or just ruin your shot all together. I figured a 5 star green screen wouldn't have this issue but since this one does, I feel it's only a 4 star at best. So simply don't shine a light at the back when filming and you should be fine.

Yes I would recommend this to a friend and I may buy another one for when I need an extra green screen.

- Phil
Inconsistent Pictures
on July 19, 2011
The price includes the stand, which makes this a great deal compared with other 5x7 screens. Very nice quality screen and stand. Material is sturdy, and flex-band inside seems really strong. There are velcro straps on three of the four edges. With the stand, the screen can be held upright without having to lean it on something else. The stand will hold the screen up lengthwise, but without much room to spare. The refolding of the screen is pretty easy after seeing some YouTube movies on how it's done. Since the screen is stored folded up, there are a few wrinkles you should expect in the screen. The flex-band helps minimize those.
on February 12, 2013
I bought this green/blue screen to do some nifty transitions (Making the camera appear to go through a door / window, ect) figuring that it would be easy enough to transport, set up and use without an assistant. The stand is surprisingly nice, and does its job. The clip at the top is designed for any reflector that has a thick flat metal band (It doesn't close far enough to grasp a reflector that uses a round metal band). The screen its self was relatively free of wrinkles, and was a key-able color.

So why three stars? If there is ANY sort of light behind this screen, it will bleed through, making it useless for my application. All this product needs is one additional layer between the two colors to block light. Its not a deal breaker, but it limits its uses.

Pros:
*Not super expensive
*Can be used without an assistant
*Good flat color for easy keying

Cons:
*Any light behind bleeds through making it useless in many situations

Note: If you're not obsessive over getting a flawless VFX quality key, the bleed through is manageable.
on June 8, 2015
 I love this green screen. It's simple to setup, the frame pulls tight and eliminates most wrinkle issues. I had it set up within 3 minutes of removing it from the box.

The carrying case feels a bit cheap, like it might rip at the seems from frequent use but, other than that, I couldn't be happier.

Enjoy the video.
on August 25, 2013
Ok, I would have rated it a 5 star but the main tripod came and the clip holder was broke. probably from shipping (I am overseas) but fortunately the power of SuperGlue works wonder.
Cons: the screens are metal framed so will be slightly warped, maybe a 2nd stand to hold straight but still good no matter what
Warning: It a metal frame band, when you go to fold it up pay attention. I was tired and not paying attention and the thank sprang back an got me in the face. My fault, scraped some skin off but I never 2nd guess myself now folding it up.
I ordered the Black&white screen also so this thing is great for any video or shoot starting out or on the go!
on August 15, 2013
Looks good overall, but mine arrived with a clear imperfection (a white abrasion) on the green side. Other than that, I like it. It works like it is supposed to, providing a green or blue background for video keying. One more minor complaint is that when the tripod is fully extended, the screen itself is unstable (as the bottom is not touching anything) and will rotate to an unusable angle unless held steady. I had to put chairs against both sides in the back to hold it in place. Also, it can be a b-tch to re-fold unless you have done it a few times. I finally figured it out: lay it flat, then bring the two far ends of the oval together, then fold everything forward. It then conforms itself into the three small circles you need to overlay each other and squeeze back in the carrying case. So overall a decent value, but it could use a few improvements (and more stringent quality control).
on July 24, 2013
I'm glad I bought this one from fotodiox and not the more costly westcott, savage, etc. versions. So, as others have said, it's not the full 7 feet it claims here but 6 foot 8 ain't bad. The frame is rigid enough to create a full extension without warping/twisting so that it is a flat plane when open. The fabric for both sides is cotton muslin - not nylon - which is important if you want the face of it to be rather smooth. The colors are consistent from edge to edge. And the light stand is serviceable and compact (even though you'd probably rather just have the head that clutches the frame of the background itself and mount it on your own stand).

I docked it a star because the muslin fabric is a bit thinner than I'd hope, which means there are two inescapable negatives: first, it will let some light pass through the back side if you're not careful, and secondly, it will not last as long since it's under high tension and will eventually run/tear.

For the price, I'm really pleased and would buy it again...
on October 3, 2015
This works GREAT! I love it. I did an outdoor shoot using sunlight to light the green screen and that worked perfectly. The green dropped out better than any other green screen I have worked with. Folding it up afterwards was a problem but that's because I forgot a step. Following instructions it folds in seconds.
on August 6, 2015
Got the product in the mail and loved it. Found it hard to collapse and put away but all in all it worked amazingly... until about the 10th time I put it away and the metal on the inside of the screen snapped thus making it un-useable. Amazon quickly offered a refund and I am happy. 3/5 stars because it worked and was exactly what I needed, but buyer beware because It broke very fast.

UPDATE 9/1: decided to replace it and I don't regret it. This ones lasted a little longer but I don't fold it up often as to avoid breaking it. Updating from 3 to 4 stars because it works really well for what I need.
review image