5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Hood..
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:31 Mins
Just showing the ease of this hood...
Published on February 12, 2011 by Rockwell

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit newer kit lens
FYI, this hood has three teeth and won't fit on the newer 18-55mm STM kit lens which only has two teeth. It seems the older 18-55mm lens did have three teeth. So, check your lens and if it has two teeth, don't get this hood. Other than that, it's quality is fine.
Published 7 months ago by Jeff Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Hood.., February 12, 2011
Rockwell (CLEARFIELD, UTAH, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fotodiox Dedicated Bayonet Lens Hood, for Canon EF-S USM 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 I, II, IS Lens, 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 II, II USM, III, IV, V, & 28-90mm, f/4.0-5.6 Lens (Canon EW-60c) (Electronics)
Length:: 1:31 Mins

Just showing the ease of this hood...

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop wondering and by it., November 23, 2009
G. P. Gimenez "Big G" (The Stinky Depths of Silicon Valley) - See all my reviews
I can not believe Canon charges $25 for something I just received for about $8 w/shipping. Nice Fit. Reversible. Plastic seems high grade. Plus you will save enough $ from this to by a good Lowe or Tamrac lense bag. Buy it with no regrets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice hood for the money, February 1, 2010
C. Berthiaume (Santa Monica, CA) - See all my reviews
For the money it's a pretty nice hood. Screws into the lens or filter and allows you to use the lens cap with the hood installed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks and fits like OEM minus the high price., July 24, 2010
Because of its low price with shipping included, I took the risk of buying this lens hood even if not an original Canon part. This is one instance when purchasing a knock off proved to be an advantage. It not only looks and fits well, I did not see any significant difference from the original Canon hood except perhaps the brand name. I have a few original Canon lens hoods to compare it with and this one looks the same, serves the same purpose and utility as the original. It fits well and mounts easily too. As expected from any lens hood, it adds protection against impact, prevents glare, helps avoid finger print smudges, well sealed so no light leaks emanate from the mount, and it gave my 18-55mm IS lens a handsome appearance. I highly recommend this purchase. You won't go wrong with buying it. No wonder almost all previous reviews have given it a high rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as a lense hood can be, November 1, 2009
Carlos (Katy, TX, United States) - See all my reviews
It works well as a hood. It is made of lighweight plastic very similar to the original Canon model. It fits perfectly on the lens we bought it for. Durability hasn't been tested yet (it's too recent to tell)

4.0 out of 5 stars Just Buy It., March 11, 2010
Starbuck58 (Palo Alto, Ca.) - See all my reviews
This product works as well as the more expensive Canon product, but much less expensive. I just received it and it works just fine. Just buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fotodiox Lens Hood Review, July 26, 2010
I was looking for a lens hood for my 18-55mm lens. I first came across the Canon version and considered buying it. Then I saw this Fotodiox hood on Amazon for a bargain price of around $7 shipped. I read the positive reviews and bought it. And it does not disappoint. It fits the lens perfectly and functions great. I couldn't see the name brand Canon hood doing any better. Now with a lens hood this small, I don't know if I'm getting any beneficial effects on my pictures. But what I do get is a little protection for the front of the lens, a larger surface area to hold onto when manually focusing, and it levels the camera out when setting it on a surface (so you can take long exposure shots sitting the camera on a table if you don't have a tripod, for example). Plus, it just looks cool on your camera. ;-)
So if you're considering buying this hood, I say do it.

5.0 out of 5 stars You Need this for the 18-55mm Kit Lens, July 14, 2010
Works great for keeping the front element clean and dry in everyday shooting situations.

A necessary addition to the EF-S 18-55mm IS lens that comes with your Canon.

5/5

-Mike

5.0 out of 5 stars Why wouldn't you buy this?, April 23, 2010
J. Garner (Columbia, SC United States) - See all my reviews
$3 for a reversible lens hood that snaps onto the end of your lens? As far as I can tell, it's nearly identical to the similar model Canon sells - but for $25 less. If you need a lens hood for your 18-55mm kit lens, look no further.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good option to more expensive Canon lens hood, December 25, 2009
This lens hood seems to be pretty much an exact match for the much more expensive Canon-branded product. It mounts perfectly and seems to be well made. I have no problem recommending it.

Rate and Discover Movies