Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on February 14, 2013
Honestly, I love these lights. I bought two. And after all of my problems I still bought another (500) to go with them. Compared to my old CFL soft boxes, these are 100 times easier to set up and shoot. Literally out of the case onto a stand, plug and blast 'em with light. Love it.

Sad part, on arrival I had a line go out, flicker a bit, and ultimately die. Very frustrating on delivery.

Second issue: They are WAY to heavy to use a bottom swivel mount. Anything less that a C-stand with a sand bag will be toppled by this. A yoke mount would go a LONG way in improving things.

Other than that, power is good, heat is super low, and color temp is dead on.
on October 21, 2012
I got the light with 2 strips of lights dead on arrival. It still kicked off a ton of light without them, but for it being brand new, I found it pretty annoying that it had dead pixels out of the box. Luckily Amazon has an easy return process so I could get my money back. I'll be looking somewhere else
on August 31, 2012
Compared to competitors (mostly the high end models) this works great! i have had no issues and i love having an inexpensive daylight balanced solution. Highly recommending to several friends and colleagues.
on January 8, 2013
I've tried putting gels on this light to bring it back closer to 5600k, but I've been unsuccessful. It's so green on skin tones. It was a waste of my money.
33 comments3 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2013
I bought two of these as a substitute for another 1000-LED panel, which turned out to be a mislabeled 500-LED model. These will do nicely. What I like about them: 1) the power supply is built in, requiring only an AC cord; 2) they are "2nd Generation non-flickering" lights -- basically because they substitute four individual zones with on/off switches for the usual dimmers, so they don't require a PWM light controller; and 3) the mounting bracket can attach to any of the four sides for convenience during use. They put out a LOT of light, but remain quite cool. I wish they had a diffuser over the LEDs, but otherwise they are perfect for my needs.
on April 25, 2013
Like other reviewers, I too received the wrong product. I ordered 2 units but both lights that I received were similar to Fancierstudio 1008 LED Light Panel Dimmable Light Panel Bi Color Operates on DC 12V And AC 110V To 240V but without the battery attachment option. They are dimmable and bi color (3200-5600k). But that means only half the leds light with each color so they are half as bright as expected. I chose to keep the mis-shipped units instead of returning them to see if I could get the correct lights. These will serve my purposes but I would have preferred the others. As for these lights, the dimmer dial is a little wonky and is sometimes very slow to respond. Also the barndoors are loose and often move under gravity. I have tried to tighten them but they come loose again very quickly. I guess you get what you pay for or at least a similar model.
on October 26, 2012
I bought 2 of these just for the price. It works great if you work for standard video, but when using a DSLR it flickers when you go higher than 1/120 shutters speed. So this doesn't work for high speed camera like the Sony FS700
11 comment3 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 28, 2014
I've had this light for about a year. It is a handy light to have, very good output. It does flicker at 1/50th shutter, but 1/60th is fine. It's very easy to use, and as long as you aren't pointing it almost straight down, I haven't had to worry about stands toppling. Others have suggested a yoke mount would be better, but with a yoke, you can only aim downward to a point before it gets in the way. A sandbag is always good to have, though!

The barn doors leave a lot to be desired. Like many others have stated, they are pretty loose. TIP- What I've found is that the screw that holds them to the frame threads into the frame, and will bottom out, rather than keep spinning. So, even though you feel like you've tightened the screw all the way, the doors are still loose. So, take a 9/32 (?!?) socket and really torque the nut down once the screw is fully seated. I also added a lock washer for good measure.

Lastly, the ILED 1024 Softbox is a great addition to this light. It adds a nice diffusion to the light and cuts the curse of 1000 shadows found with LED's.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2014
Good light source, proving a lot of light. The barn doors are not well hinged and the top flap regularly falls down. I normally tape it to the side door. As with other LEDs, the color balance is a little on the cool side. Decent value at the price.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 17, 2012
I ordered this LED light panel a few of weeks ago and received the wrong model like some other people have reported, not a big deal, I returned it and tried ordering it again this week. This time I received the correct model, but the first time I used it, I realized that the panel has a pretty bad flicker problem. Since the description says "2nd Gen, Anti-flicking Design" I would really hate to see how bad the 1st Gen flickered.

I'm using the panel with the new Sony FS700 and shooting at 240fps, so depending on your shutter speed and fps the flicker might not be a problem for you. But I'm giving a 1 star rating because the "2nd Gen, Anti-flicking Design" is clearly not Anti-flicking. Also, the "Equivalent to 1000w" seems to be stretching things.
22 comments5 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

See 1 answered question