4.0 out of 5 stars Tight fit but works fine
I bought this flash diffuser since my Nikon SB600 does not come with one. When the package arrived it was in a plastic bag with the label 'For Canon 420EX' and I thought 'oh I've been sent the wrong item' but then looking at the invoice I remembered thats its compatible with Nikon as well.

Fitting: It took me at least 5 minutes to wrestle this thing over my...
Published on November 24, 2010 by Mathai

1.0 out of 5 stars 420EX - DOES NOT FIT: NOT AS DESCRIBED!!!
Published on February 11, 2012 by TX-One

1.0 out of 5 stars 420EX - DOES NOT FIT: NOT AS DESCRIBED!!!, February 11, 2012
TX-One (Plano, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fotodiox Flash Diffuser Dome for Canon 420EX, 420 EX, Speedlight (Electronics)
The diffusers (3) that I received "ARE NOT AS DESCRIBED" above. I own and use the Canon 420EX flash. My order was for the following: Fotodiox Flash Diffuser Dome for Canon 420EX 420 EX Speedlight ... and they do not fit the Canon 420EX copy I own. One would have to carve away approximately 1/3 of the diffuser wall to make these fit the Canon 420EX. For the price, the time it takes, and the cost of shipping ... they are not worth returning. I have found another lesser use for them. They do not fit my Canon 420EX flash. I would really like a refund.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tight fit but works fine, November 24, 2010

Fitting: It took me at least 5 minutes to wrestle this thing over my SB600 flash head and there were a couple of times when I thought the flash might get damaged in the effort to fit this diffuser. I don't know if I got a warped unit but its not easy to fit this on a Nikon flash straight out of the box.

Solution: I dipped the diffuser in very hot water for about 30 seconds and this softened up the edges of the plastic, then I quickly wiped off the water and eased it over the flash head and left it there for 15 minutes for it to cool down and shape itself to the Nikon. Its still not a perfect fit but it works fine and won't fall off while you're moving your camera or flash around.

Overall I'd say its great value for money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Deosn't fit Canon 420EX, March 12, 2014
This thing is so tight that you have to wrestle and push on it to finally get it on but only by 1/8" -- obviously meant for a wide variety of flash units -- unfortunately, as is often the case, one size fits none. Too much trouble and shipping expense to return. I suggest purchasing something else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits right and WORKS, February 20, 2014
This diffuser fits well and works just as expected. Other brands sometime are too loose and fall off or too tight and pop off. this one is good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Fit, February 10, 2014
The flash diffuser met all my expectations. It was a good fit for the 420EX and was delivered within the time promised.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good Item, December 5, 2013
It is what it is, and it will get a lot of use. It may have gotten five stars if it fit just the littlest bit better. It takes a little more effort to slip it on than it should.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flash Diffiser, September 10, 2013
This was a 1st time purchase of a flash diffuser and it fit my flash perfectly. It does what it is designed to do diffuse the harsh flash, and renders a smooth skin tone and overall lighting of the subjects I shoot.

Fotodiox Flash Diffuser Dome for Canon 420EX, 420 EX, Speedlight
$7.95
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.
Rate and Discover Movies