Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on February 1, 2010
Works as intended on my Nikon D5000. The first night I tried to use it I got a "Lens not attached" error message. If you set your camera to Manual mode you will not get this message.
22 comments14 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2013
You're going to read lots of places that using an adapter will result in the loss of infinity focus. This is the result of changing the distance between the lens and the film plane or sensor. In this case, I wanted to mount a vintage Soligar 135mm lens (manufactured by Sigma back in the day) to a Nikon F body. Since the Tamron-style T Mount is smaller than the Nikon body mount, the screw-in T mount can be recessed slightly into the adapter bringing the lens to film plane distance back to the original Nikon distance, maintaining focus thru infinity. In short, this is a well made adapter that fits perfectly on both the T-mount and Nikon sides with no slop. This is a solely mechanical mount with no electrical connections, but if you're looking for this kind of thing you're probably shooting in manual mode anyway. There are also no cheap optical components to degrade your image. And now I have an excellent Sigma-made short tele for my Nikon F for very cheap!
on May 30, 2012
I purchased this to attach my Nikon D3000 to a Celestron Ultima 80mm spotting scope. The lens mount adapter is well made and securely holds my camera body to the scope. I can leave the camera mounted to the scope, fold up the tripod legs and carry it all over my shoulder without concern. (I have done this only over short distances.)

Here is the caveat that I didn't learn until after purchase. Many Nikon DSLR's require a lens with a CPU attachment in order for the exposure meter to work. So, when digiscoping I find myself guessing a shutter speed, looking at the image, and adjusting the shutter speed and reshooting until I get it about right. I don't know if a light meter would help as my scope has a zoom eyepiece for magnification and I don't know how that translates into aperture. (The image certainly gets darker as magnification is increased.)

I've read where Nikon is the only manufacturer with this issue.
on June 6, 2012
Pros:
- Well priced
- Solid construction. I had no issues with the set screws.
- Attached firmly to my D3100, and the threads on the other side were very smooth and tight.

Cons:
- Manual mode only. If your camera complains, be sure you're working in Manual mode.

Bottom Line:
If you have a decent scope, you really should pick one of these up and strap your camera onto it. Once again, make sure your camera is in manual mode. I might explore using a dandelion chip in the future to see if I can enable TTL exposure metering. I hear those chips will meter focal lengths of up to 2000mm.
on May 4, 2012
This is a great adaptor, and fits perfect on my Nikon D5000. The threads are VERY tight the first time you put it on your camera, so tight that you honestly feel you are cross threading it. Just take your time, be careful and do it right the first time. Works great with my T adaptor on my Celestron 13" telescope and enables me to take some AMAZING astronomy shots!
on March 17, 2010
When I first used it, the set screws came loose. I removed the inner threaded ring and found that there were no flats for the set screws, and the screws were too short for me to grind in flats. It would be better if it prevented the inner threaded ring from rotating. Finish is okay...typical Chinese or Taiwanese flat finish. Threads are smooth. For 10 bucks I guess can't complain...much.
on May 21, 2011
I use it on a photo adapter, so I can take photo with a spot scope. This two adapters became one unit and I can't separate them anymore, could be caused by the tight fitting or I used too much force to begin with.
on March 22, 2012
So far I have not had any of the problems described by other sellers. I have been using it for some old Cannon lenses on my Nikon D80. The mount does what it is suppose to. Well worth the price!
on November 24, 2009
I am very happy with the product- it works as promised and I look forward to using this for a very long time. Nicely manufactured, stout and fits like a charm, very solid.
on June 21, 2011
works great with a telescope and a t2 telescope adapter
I also have the canon one
good Quality and good price - cheaper that what you get from ebay - if you include shipping