Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

I purchased this neoprene sleeve for SONY NEX-5N camera, whose size is 4 1/8 inches wide x 1 inch wide in the narrow part, and 4 2/8 width if measured including the 18-55mm Lens.
I wanted to have something snug around the camera to protect the LCD screen if I take it out of the camera bag and put it in jacket pocket or carry it in my purse.
This sleeve is perfect. It is a nice fit, not too tight, but it takes little amount of extra space. I have about 1 inch of space left at the lens end, so it has room to fit a bigger lens.

I am attaching 5 photos.

Photo #1 shows the Fotodiox neoprene sleeve next the SONY camera cap for size reference. As you see the coloring of the sleve is slightly different than the stock photo. There is no grey color edging on the sleeve, and I like it better this way than the stock photo version.

Photo#2-#4 shown in a collage:
Photo #2 shows the camera next to the sleeve. The flaps of the sleeve have velcro and close around the camera once it is inserted into the sleeve.

Photos #3 and #5 show different angles of the camera inside of the sleeve before the velcro is closed. My camera has a filter and a quick release plate attached to the body.

Photo #4 shows the camera inside the sleeve with the velcro closed. I show the dimensions of the closed sleeve. 6 inches by 6.5 inches. The tip (lens end) of the sleeve has about 1 inch empty, so a slightly larger lens will fit into the same sleeve.

Overall, I am very pleased. The fit is ideal, it looks decent, and construction quality is good.

Ali Julia review
review image review image
77 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2011
Bought this for my Sony HX100V. The camera does fit into it but fits better sideways than it does lens first, it stretches so it will fit other similar sized cameras.
It adequately protects the camera from dust, scratches and minor bumps. In this case the camera will fit into a glove box or arm rest compartment, with a Sony case it does not. It doesn't take up much space when packed in carry on luggage, Velcro closure so no zipper to jam.
There is no pouch to store memory cards or an extra battery.
Didn't expect much for under 10 bucks, its ok for the price.
on March 28, 2012
I don't find it an easy to use case for the NEX-7 so I don't recommend this case for that camera. It is far too tight a squeeze to get the camera in.
on March 23, 2012
I just received this case today for my SONY NEX-7 with 18-55mm kit lens. The case was made as way it should be and the price seems right, but for NEX-7 owner like myself, I want to suggest this case may not be the best fit. It might be perfect for smaller cameras like NEX-3 or NEX-5, does it fits NEX-7? yes, but you will need to use a little force. On the other hand, NEX lens were attached on off center of camera body, this case was designed for center fits lens so you will have hard time to make camera fits in. Still, not the best fit for NEX-7, but surely protect the camera.
on July 17, 2013
I really like this product. It is good quality and will work with many smaller mirrorless cameras (not just Sony's). I have used it successfully with my Nikon V1 equipped with the 18.5mm lens as well as an Olympus E-PL3 equipped with the 45mm lens. My friend tried it today on his Olympus OMD and it fit as well. The case will work best on smaller mirrorless cameras equipped with medium sized lenses given the way the lens is used to keep the case closed on itself. Do not hesitate to consider the "camera pamper" if you want to keep your camera protected inside another bag or a backpack without taking up too much space.
on November 28, 2015
When I first got this cover, I was not sure I understood how it worked and was getting ready to return it back to Amazon. In re-reading the reviews, I was helped by seeing the pictures on someone else's review. It now makes more sense! It has a nice fit around the body of my NEX-6 and is very compact. The lens portion is a little deep for the shorter lens, but that's not a big deal. With the telephoto lens on, it will also fit with ease. Overall, though not totally perfect, for the price, I am happy with it.
on August 9, 2013
This is the right one for the Sony NEX-F3 camera with the 18-55mm lens. It fits perfectly, since the material is elastic and won't scratch the camera and my main goal is to keep the bunch as small as possible and at the same time, protected.
on July 8, 2015
Worked well for my Sony A-6000, albeit it's a little big when I have a smaller lens on it - however you can shove the entire camera and lens into the case. I needed this as a protector for my camera in a large purse while traveling through Europe and it worked perfectly to protect the camera.
on August 21, 2011
This is a nice compact option when I want to throw the camera in my brief or a backpack. It fits my Sony hx100v tightly ad is a bit hard to put on without occasionally hitting some buttons. Overall the protection seems adequate for this use and I would say at the price it's well made and a very nice accessory. I use it about 80 pct of the time vs my lopro for this camera
on November 18, 2014
I was sent a larger version of this item by mistake and loved it, since it accommodated the camera with zoom-lens attached. This case is too snug, even for the stock lens. I've returned this and have purchased a DSLR neoprene sleeve instead.