5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Portraits
Published on June 21, 2012 by therandom80

3.0 out of 5 stars It does the job...
I ordered these despite not wanting to spend double the price on something that only offered two of these options...it does the job! It's a nice product. The quality is pretty cheap though, I have already experienced a tear. You get what you pay for though. I'm still using mine.
Published 5 months ago by Heidi

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Portraits, June 21, 2012
This review is from: Fotodiox 5-in-1 22" Premium-Grade Professional Collapsible Disc Reflector (Electronics)
As the title suggests, this set of reflectors is perfect for portrait work. Since that's why I bought them, this turned out to be a great purchase. I was a bit concerned that the 22" size might not be big enough...but it is. Anything larger would be almost unusable for portraits. Granted, if you aren't taking typical portrait shots, than a larger size might be necessary. The 22" model will definitely not reflect on a full length shot of someone standing. At best, if the subject is seated you will be able to get most of the body...and all of the body if the subject is hugging their knees lol. But that's beside the point. If you purchase these with portrait photography in mind, you will not be disappointed. This also comes with a zippered bag to store the reflector in.

***UPDATE****
Contrary to my statement above, I have found it possible to reflect enough light for a full length shot. Still haven't found an effective way to light a whole group, but with one person, and a ton of strong direct sunlight, I was able to light a full length shot. You just have to be standing far enough away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Value For The Money, May 1, 2011
One would be hard pressed to find a better built and professional looking 22" 5-in-1 reflector for the price. The reflector and carring slip cover are light weight. I thread my belt through the slip cover loop and go about my business without the reflector being in the way. If you are looking for this size reflector I highly recommend you purchase it.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, April 26, 2012
I bought this 5-in-1 reflector for portraits. I love the fact that it has 5 different parts to it. so far it works great and the construction of the reflector is very good. the only thing i would change is to have a one page sheet of instructions for those who have never used these reflectors before. I had to go to youtube to figure out how to fold my reflector back up and put it back in its carrying case.

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy, March 31, 2011
The reflectors are well constructed and great size to carry around (folder is about 7 in diameter), it is also bargain priced. Just be mindful what you are going to shoot and use the right size reflectors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price-Performance Ratio for an Essential Piece of Kit, March 8, 2012
A reflector/diffusor is an essential tool that belongs in the kit of anyone who takes control of their lighting. In brief:

PROS
Inexpensive
Very versatile - lots of different effects possible in one package
Collapses down small enough to take anywhere
Study enough for regular use
Carrying case included

CONS
Might be a bit small for some applications - be sure what your needs are. (Though, as affordable as they are, you'll probably end up buying several sizes anyway.)

Highly recommended - the low price is just a nice bonus!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well made, love the price, April 14, 2012
I bought both 22 inch and 42 inch because the price was so reasonable. I was surprised by the quality of the products.
They are realy good. I wish they would make a 32 inch too. Some times the 22 is a bit too small and the 42 a litel too large.
At this price I definitely can afford it if they make it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable and easy to use, July 10, 2013
I like this product, because I can use it to give my subjects catchlights in their eyes. It can also be used to light up a dimly lit area if there is directional light nearby. It is small, and it's easy to use. The different colors on the reflector are actually like a skin that you zip and unzip around a frame. The only thing is, you have to have someone else use this while you take the photos. This is really good quality for a really great price. Also, it is easily portable. It folds down into a circle no more than ruler's length across. So it doesn't take up a lot of room, if you're having to haul your equipment around and are only photography one to three people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredbily useful, November 19, 2012
This item is absolutely perfect for doing single person shoots. And assistant can easily hold it up for hours on end.
I use this even when I'm shooting by myself! I can hold it with my left hand and shoot with the right. It's very light-weight.
Even though it's small, it's the real deal. The size is part of the reason I love it so much! It fits anywhere. I keep it tied to the back of my camera backpack at all times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fotodiox review, June 11, 2012
James F. Singler (St. Louis, MO United States) - See all my reviews
Awesome little product. It's a difuser as well as a black, white, gold, silver reflector. And, it folds down to about 8". Great value.

3.0 out of 5 stars It does the job..., April 3, 2014