Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on June 21, 2012
As the title suggests, this set of reflectors is perfect for portrait work. Since that's why I bought them, this turned out to be a great purchase. I was a bit concerned that the 22" size might not be big enough...but it is. Anything larger would be almost unusable for portraits. Granted, if you aren't taking typical portrait shots, than a larger size might be necessary. The 22" model will definitely not reflect on a full length shot of someone standing. At best, if the subject is seated you will be able to get most of the body...and all of the body if the subject is hugging their knees lol. But that's beside the point. If you purchase these with portrait photography in mind, you will not be disappointed. This also comes with a zippered bag to store the reflector in.

***UPDATE****
Contrary to my statement above, I have found it possible to reflect enough light for a full length shot. Still haven't found an effective way to light a whole group, but with one person, and a ton of strong direct sunlight, I was able to light a full length shot. You just have to be standing far enough away.
22 comments25 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 1, 2011
One would be hard pressed to find a better built and professional looking 22" 5-in-1 reflector for the price. The reflector and carring slip cover are light weight. I thread my belt through the slip cover loop and go about my business without the reflector being in the way. If you are looking for this size reflector I highly recommend you purchase it.
22 comments17 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2012
I bought this 5-in-1 reflector for portraits. I love the fact that it has 5 different parts to it. so far it works great and the construction of the reflector is very good. the only thing i would change is to have a one page sheet of instructions for those who have never used these reflectors before. I had to go to youtube to figure out how to fold my reflector back up and put it back in its carrying case.
22 comments9 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2011
The reflectors are well constructed and great size to carry around (folder is about 7 in diameter), it is also bargain priced. Just be mindful what you are going to shoot and use the right size reflectors.
on July 10, 2013
I like this product, because I can use it to give my subjects catchlights in their eyes. It can also be used to light up a dimly lit area if there is directional light nearby. It is small, and it's easy to use. The different colors on the reflector are actually like a skin that you zip and unzip around a frame. The only thing is, you have to have someone else use this while you take the photos. This is really good quality for a really great price. Also, it is easily portable. It folds down into a circle no more than ruler's length across. So it doesn't take up a lot of room, if you're having to haul your equipment around and are only photography one to three people.
on March 8, 2012
A reflector/diffusor is an essential tool that belongs in the kit of anyone who takes control of their lighting. In brief:

PROS
Inexpensive
Very versatile - lots of different effects possible in one package
Collapses down small enough to take anywhere
Study enough for regular use
Carrying case included

CONS
Might be a bit small for some applications - be sure what your needs are. (Though, as affordable as they are, you'll probably end up buying several sizes anyway.)

Highly recommended - the low price is just a nice bonus!
on November 19, 2012
This item is absolutely perfect for doing single person shoots. And assistant can easily hold it up for hours on end.
I use this even when I'm shooting by myself! I can hold it with my left hand and shoot with the right. It's very light-weight.
Even though it's small, it's the real deal. The size is part of the reason I love it so much! It fits anywhere. I keep it tied to the back of my camera backpack at all times.
on April 14, 2012
I bought both 22 inch and 42 inch because the price was so reasonable. I was surprised by the quality of the products.
They are realy good. I wish they would make a 32 inch too. Some times the 22 is a bit too small and the 42 a litel too large.
At this price I definitely can afford it if they make it.
22 comments6 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 11, 2012
Awesome little product. It's a difuser as well as a black, white, gold, silver reflector. And, it folds down to about 8". Great value.
on February 17, 2013
I have larger 5-in-1 reflectors and sometimes they can be a pan to use so I bought this smaller one. Works great for table top set ups to concentrate the reflected light. I have also use the black side as a flag where as the lager ones a better for subtractive lighting. The small diffuser panel is excellent with speed lights especially when combined with a speed light mounted diffuser if the flash power can't be reduced enough. Well made product and easy to store. Not to thrilled with the gold side, it's far to yellow, but a minor issue. The rest are very useful.